GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally decided what kit!..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 10:22 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally decided what kit!..

After hours and hours of searching the net, and looking at members rides of what type of aero kit I should purchase.....I finally decided. I decided to go with the RMM kit. I wasnt sure until I was on the freeway today, and off the side on a strip mall I saw a GS with the RMM kit, so I decided to pull off the next exit, and check it out. Just to let you know the RMM kit looks 100% better in person! So anyways, I was late to work, but well worth it. Does anyone know the best prices and where on the RMM kit? just my lil story.
Old 11-19-03, 10:37 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

The RMM kit is a great way to go...I've got no regrets!
Attached Thumbnails Finally decided what kit!..-eangle.jpg  
Old 11-19-03, 10:52 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Not really my taste -- too flat, but it's still nice tho..

Last edited by Blackened; 11-19-03 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-20-03, 04:08 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I always have people tell me that the RMM is too plain, too common, yadda yadda, but I think that is the purpose of a aero package for a Lexus, it should add some aggression yet still be tasteful. And as for commonality (sp) There are about 5 GSs on the board with it, so its not that common.

I also like the way Kev cut his center bar out of the bumper and used a different grille, kinda created a different style of kit!
Old 11-20-03, 06:13 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on u'r choice, u will love the sleekness and simplicity of the kit.....u could try steve or angel at Carson Toyota, but also look at www.intensepower.com , i got my kit from them.....good luck
Old 11-20-03, 07:06 AM
Blackened
Lead Lap

I read that this rmm kit made from polyurethane, which is stronger and resists the winter better than other materials.. so, yeah I believe this is a good choice..
Old 11-20-03, 10:07 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Also, I am told that the kit includes the factory front and rear bumper chrome trim? I not to fond of the RMM grill though, I beleive that maybe the L-sportline 430 grill would look better. The 430 grill would match the line in the front bumper with the line going across the front grill without the L logo. just my opinion. Whats the cheapest price anyone has seen this kit? How is the fitment? Should I be on the look out of Knock-offs of this kit?
Old 11-20-03, 10:50 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

u probably mean the l-tuned grill with the line in the middle with no "L" , its matter of taste i guess. but yes rmm does send oem bumper trim with thier kits 4 the front and rear bumpers. u get them in little toyota boxes..only bad part about the kit id that if u blow a fog lamp bulb u will have some fun trying 2 take it replace it, the rmm front bumper has the fog lamps screwed from behind not the front like teh stock bumper so u need 2 get 2 the screws from behind 2 remove it...try the people i mentioned above and i don't think cus i've never seen a RMM knock off kit...explosion yes but not rmm....
Old 11-20-03, 11:33 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Lettuce
I not to fond of the RMM grill though, I beleive that maybe the L-sportline 430 grill would look better. The 430 grill would match the line in the front bumper with the line going across the front grill without the L logo. just my opinion.
I have never seen that combo (L-tuned grill, RMM bumper), but maybe you can just have GSTrance photoshop the 'L' OUT of the current RMM grill for an idea. In my opinion the Kevs way is one of the best, its a good way to combine 2 of my fav kits LSportline and RMM.

The explosion style kit has all the same lines/curves as the RMM, but it does not come with a spoiler. If you take it to a shop you could just have them fill the round holes, and cut out the vertical bar in the airdam, then fit your foglights to the hole. Of just leave the Explosion style front and get some round fogs.

no RMM copy exists though, that I know of.
Old 11-20-03, 11:36 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Blue, I totally agree with you on the fog light installation on RMM bumper. I had taken down my bumper twice just to replace the fog Do you have any better way to do it?
Old 11-20-03, 11:57 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by JacobT
Blue, I totally agree with you on the fog light installation on RMM bumper. I had taken down my bumper twice just to replace the fog Do you have any better way to do it?
i haven't had any blow out as of yet(knock on wood). but when i was placing my hid's in the fogs we raised the car and just took a couple of screws out from the underneath panel and pulle it down 2 reach the fogs than just placed it back and rescrewed it back 2 normal..was pretty easy except 4 geting really dirty in the process...thats the only part of this kit i don't understand,
jacobt do u know why they did it this way?

Last edited by bluelex; 11-20-03 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-20-03, 12:05 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
i haven't had any blow out as of yet(knock on wood). but when i was placing my hid's in the fogs we raised the car and just took a couple of screws out from the underneath panel and pulle it down 2 reach the fogs than just placed it back and rescrewed it back 2 normal..was pretty easy except 4 geting really dirty in the process...thats the only part of this kit i don't understand,
jacobt do u know why they did it this way?
They designed it this way to avoid having screws in the front for a smooth clean front end. The bad part is the location of the fog, those 2 screws in the back are sitting right in front of the body metal beams. There's only about 1.5" clearance, no screw driver and reach that part w/o stripping the screws. That's why I needed to take down the whole bumper to replace the fog. I got another crack on my pass. side fog, looks like I need to do it again
Old 11-20-03, 12:08 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

man that must suck 2 have 2 take down the whole bumper all over again...but ya it makes sense as 2 why when u look at the styling angle...thanx
Old 11-21-03, 01:34 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Question

I wonder if Kevs has to take his bumper off to change his fog light bulb, especially since the center part of his RMM front bumper kit is missing??.......
Old 11-21-03, 01:38 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by JacobT
I got another crack on my pass. side fog, looks like I need to do it again
Maybe it's time to XPel the fogs to minimize the cracking occurences.

Quick Reply: Finally decided what kit!..