GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hey guys, you want to see something that'll make you cry??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-03, 01:05 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to see this happen to such a great car ...glad your OK! I am sure it will be better then ever once your done with it...it's not often that you get the opportunity to go back and redo a bunch of mods without paying a high price ($$$ not time). Can't wait to see the new improved Lex. Also, let us all know how we can utilize your contact to get great deals on JDM products
Old 11-20-03, 01:12 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the lady driving the Range Rover admit to committing such a boneheaded move or were there witnesses that corroborated your version of the events? Man, out here in Cali if someone did the exact same thing, they'd probably try to sue you for running into them. At least it appears that this lady will bear all of the responsibility for this accident.

I agree with the observations about all of the GS'es involved in accidents lately. Is there an "expiration date" on our cars that we're not aware of??
Old 11-20-03, 01:17 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default your gs

Mike,

glad you are okay. I too was wondering when you'd be back on...it's always feels better when you let the CL gang know what's wrong and they pull together like we all know they can to help cheer you up. On a side not the damage doesn't look as bad as I thought from your original description last time we talked.

Cheer up bro, it'll be back and better than it was before real soon.
Old 11-20-03, 01:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Mike, just like I said on Lexus Owners club, be glad that you are safe man, that is all that matters. Your biggest concern with the car should be suspension geometry though, getting everything back to snuff!

As far as the kit goes, who knows man, surprise everyone!

I swear I am SCARED to drive my GS lately just this week ALONE there has been:

1 car keyed
2 accidents
1 hit and run

and today is only THURSDAY!!! WTF????
Old 11-20-03, 01:26 PM
ripe911
Pole Position

I hope nobody from Geico was browsing these boards lately. All GS's will have a spike in premiums.
Old 11-20-03, 01:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts

mrsypher - really sorry to hear that your beautiful GS got damaged, and I hope it gets fixed perfectly for you.

I was wondering a few things. Did the air bags go off in your car by the way? How fast would you say you were going when you hit her Range Rover? How much damage to her vehicle?

Good luck with everything.
Old 11-20-03, 01:37 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by BuyERTS
Did the lady driving the Range Rover admit to committing such a boneheaded move or were there witnesses that corroborated your version of the events? Man, out here in Cali if someone did the exact same thing, they'd probably try to sue you for running into them. At least it appears that this lady will bear all of the responsibility for this accident.

I agree with the observations about all of the GS'es involved in accidents lately. Is there an "expiration date" on our cars that we're not aware of??
The lady first tried to say I was flying but I told her that I just had a red light less than a block away.. Then there were some people that were in the gas station just staring at my car as I drove by and witnessed the whole thing.. So I'm good to go.. And man, if would have opt'd to hit the car along side of me I would be ******in my aZZ of right now... I'm very lucky.. But thanks guys for helping me keep my head up.. But that expected from you guys.. Right??
Old 11-20-03, 01:40 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Mike, this sucks!!!!
Good to see you got out OK.

I'm sure the GS will be back and better then before in no time.
Keep us posted on what you are going to do.
Old 11-20-03, 01:40 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u know we show the love here.. u need 2 come on more 2 c the support we will give 2 a fellow member need of it...good luck dude, and ya did the airbags pop out? just wondoring also? they should have...
Old 11-20-03, 01:41 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
From one Mike to another, glad your okay. And WTF!?!??! is going on with the GSs?????
Yo Mike,
I just read about your mishap.. Damn dude, glad to see you made it through that.. GOD BLESS!!! We would have been down 1 great man over here on CL>... DAMN MAN, I hope the rest of the season is better for you guys... Keep the Lexo's park'd and commute..
Old 11-20-03, 01:41 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Hey Mike, really sorry to hear about your accident.

On a more positive note, your car will be badder and will kick more *** now!!!!

I am drving my winter beater now and I so miss my GS. But the upside is that the car has a manual transmission and it is so much fun driving a manual, even though it does not have a lot of power!
Old 11-20-03, 01:46 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bluelex
u know we show the love here.. u need 2 come on more 2 c the support we will give 2 a fellow member need of it...good luck dude, and ya did the airbags pop out? just wondoring also? they should have...
Nah Age, the airbags didn't deploy.. And thats a good thing..

And Richie, I'm not gonna keep you guys updated on what I'm gonna do.. But you'll have to wait and see when it's finished..

But I was looking at the Veilside hood and the Veilside Executive front bumper.. But now since I have this connect, the skys the limit..

Last edited by MrSypher; 11-20-03 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-20-03, 01:47 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Unhappy

Mike sorry to hear about this bud
Old 11-20-03, 01:48 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Hameed
Hey Mike, really sorry to hear about your accident.

On a more positive note, your car will be badder and will kick more *** now!!!!

I am drving my winter beater now and I so miss my GS. But the upside is that the car has a manual transmission and it is so much fun driving a manual, even though it does not have a lot of power!
Yeah I hear that.. I'm in a FX35 for the time being and it isn't that bad.. So it could be alot worse..

Last edited by MrSypher; 11-20-03 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-20-03, 01:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh no... sorry to hear that man, that sux i guess the bottom half of 2003 is definitely bad for whatever GS... i ahve soooooooooo many accidents since mine happened in sept.... that sux

Quick Reply: Hey guys, you want to see something that'll make you cry??