GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The GS curse continues.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-03, 10:39 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well like i already told you, I'M SORRY! that sucks!! i think i was in shock when you guys called me and told me about it that night! geez! i am glad i wasn't behind you this time. my car would've REALLY been jacked up if i had. heck the accident curse has just gotta go. i found out today that a friend of mine i hadn't talked to in a while wrecked his suzuki motorcycle up in the mountains 2 weeks ago. he's fine, he had full leathers on but bumped up a bit and the bike has some damage. so dangit be careful on your bike too! just keep it parked till the spring!

but hey look at it this way, you could always tell people its a new mod. GDM (Georgia Domestic Market)deer mark on the side of your car. "Go out on Georgia's finest roads and get your own today!"

Last edited by amy011079; 11-24-03 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-24-03, 12:02 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by amy011079
well like i already told you, I'M SORRY! that sucks!! i think i was in shock when you guys called me and told me about it that night! geez! i am glad i wasn't behind you this time. my car would've REALLY been jacked up if i had. heck the accident curse has just gotta go. i found out today that a friend of mine i hadn't talked to in a while wrecked his suzuki motorcycle up in the mountains 2 weeks ago. he's fine, he had full leathers on but bumped up a bit and the bike has some damage. so dangit be careful on your bike too! just keep it parked till the spring!

but hey look at it this way, you could always tell people its a new mod. GDM (Georgia Domestic Market)deer mark on the side of your car. "Go out on Georgia's finest roads and get your own today!"
Yeah, I know.

Hey, did you see me playing with that BMW that night? I thought you might have, but you haven't mentioned it. Did you see it?
Old 11-24-03, 12:08 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

oh are you talking about that silver m3 that was eating the rubber from your tires when you guys came flying up to my rear-end and passed me? lol sorry about that, yep i saw it that was badazz!!!! i was sitting there going, go jaime go jaime go jaime!!! from my view it looked like you were pulling on him pretty good. of course it wasn't long before you guys were gone from me with the crappy traffic that was out. wish i had a video camera for that one though!

Last edited by amy011079; 11-24-03 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-24-03, 08:38 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by amy011079
oh are you talking about that silver m3 that was eating the rubber from your tires when you guys came flying up to my rear-end and passed me? lol sorry about that, yep i saw it that was badazz!!!! i was sitting there going, go jaime go jaime go jaime!!! from my view it looked like you were pulling on him pretty good. of course it wasn't long before you guys were gone from me with the crappy traffic that was out. wish i had a video camera for that one though!
Yeah, that one.

It was funny because Joan said "I bet you think he's messing with you" . I told her yes he was, and just as I said that he took off on me. She even laughed and said "I guess he really is!!". I knew he wanted to run ever since he merged onto the highway.

I pulled on him hard 3 or 4 times. He followed me onto 285 and I thought we were really gonna have fun. He was all over me getting off the big sweeper on ramp, so I e-shifted down to 3rd and pulled on him hard again. I guess he'd had enough then cause he turned off the exit ramp before we got down back down onto the highway. Chicken!!! I wanted to run him merging onto the highway and then have a little fun with him winding out.

I have a feeling I'll get my chance one day again.
Old 11-24-03, 09:01 PM
LexFather

WAIT A MINUTE!! WTF??!?!?!?!? DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN

THe Greddy lip, please tell me it is okay
Old 11-24-03, 11:13 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
WAIT A MINUTE!! WTF??!?!?!?!? DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN

THe Greddy lip, please tell me it is okay
Yeah, it's fine. As a matter of fact, I didn't get it back from the body shop until Saturday afternoon.
Old 11-25-03, 05:56 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Yeah, that one.

It was funny because Joan said "I bet you think he's messing with you" . I told her yes he was, and just as I said that he took off on me. She even laughed and said "I guess he really is!!". I knew he wanted to run ever since he merged onto the highway.

I pulled on him hard 3 or 4 times. He followed me onto 285 and I thought we were really gonna have fun. He was all over me getting off the big sweeper on ramp, so I e-shifted down to 3rd and pulled on him hard again. I guess he'd had enough then cause he turned off the exit ramp before we got down back down onto the highway. Chicken!!! I wanted to run him merging onto the highway and then have a little fun with him winding out.

I have a feeling I'll get my chance one day again.
sweet! yeah i am sure you will. it looked so sweet! i really wish i had had a video camera with me! now all i need it my turbo and we can take turns. lol
Old 11-25-03, 11:51 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

DID you kill the reindeer!
Old 11-25-03, 12:48 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lettuce
DID you kill the reindeer!
I'm about 99% sure I didn't. I walked back to the area where he hit me and there was nothing. No deer on the highway, no deer on the side, no deer in nearby woods. If it did die, it died later and unfortunately there was nothing I could do anyway. If it didn't, he had a nasty headache for a couple of days I'm sure.

When he hit, it sounded like I'd hit a brick wall with the front of the car. It was loud. It was only the mirror smacking him, but it was loud. One of those noises that you hear when you have a car accident.....you hear the loud bang and then it seems everything goes deadly silent. That's how it was. Good thing it was over in a couple of seconds. I hate that feeling.