GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2004 Lexus gs300 losing oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-24, 12:34 PM
MixedKoolaid
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Lexus gs300 losing oil

Hello i have a 2004 lexus gs300 with about 130k on the new motor and transmission. And every 2 weeks or so i have to top off my oil with a quarter of a qt of oil if not more. From what i can see i have zero leaks and theres zero smoke coming out of the exhaust (i am currently an apprentice at a dealership and have lifts to inspect my vehicle) my coolant is also perfectly clear and my oil does not look burnt. So i keep wondering where the hell is all my oil going. It leaves no drips on the ground.
some background info cam seals have been replaced
Valve cover gaskets have been done
new pcv valve
crank seal has been replaced
vvti cam gear o ring and bolt seal has been replaced as well.
absolutely zero noticeable leaks with no drips. Also zero smoke.
i am wondering if this oil consumption is somehow normal or if it could be some other possible issue. If anyone could offer some info that would be great
Old Today, 01:37 AM
LiamLexusBuild2
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sounds like you have hemorrhage Of the valve seals

Originally Posted by MixedKoolaid
Hello i have a 2004 lexus gs300 with about 130k on the new motor and transmission. And every 2 weeks or so i have to top off my oil with a quarter of a qt of oil if not more. From what i can see i have zero leaks and theres zero smoke coming out of the exhaust (i am currently an apprentice at a dealership and have lifts to inspect my vehicle) my coolant is also perfectly clear and my oil does not look burnt. So i keep wondering where the hell is all my oil going. It leaves no drips on the ground.
some background info cam seals have been replaced
Valve cover gaskets have been done
new pcv valve
crank seal has been replaced
vvti cam gear o ring and bolt seal has been replaced as well.
absolutely zero noticeable leaks with no drips. Also zero smoke.
i am wondering if this oil consumption is somehow normal or if it could be some other possible issue. If anyone could offer some info that would be great

Sounds like you have hemorrhage Of the valve seals and oil is pissing into your combustion chamber an out your exhaust… I just had a major oil hemorrhage of the cam seals an valve cover gaskets on my 1998 GS300 with 155k miles… I literally just replace valve cover gaskets, cam seals, front main seal, VVTi Gear Rebuild Seal, an did the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, intake manifold gasket and spark plugs while I was in there and it seems I have zero oil leaks on mine now maybe the oil pan but not much…. But those oil leaks pissed all over my driveway as would all other oil leakage the rear main the lower and upper oil pan gasket all would leak out so it has to be your valve seals bc I don’t see your piston rings leaking so bad to the point it’s coming out of your exhaust with out clatter…

do you notice any miss fire or if it’s running rough? The plugs if not fouled out will 100% foul out soon from oil and miss fire I would get the seals replaced before you have tons of carbon build up in your combustion chamber from burning that much oil…