GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Curse Over? Not In The Least :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-03, 01:12 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The Curse Over? Not In The Least :(

Hello Everyone,

The curse has yet to be broken and has claimed yet another victim in its course. I have become a part of this seemingly endless strife that has accompanied our beloved vehicles.

Monday night I had work around six o clock and decided to run out at about five to get some gas while dinner was cooking. I came back home and parked in front of the driveway instead of pulling in because I would be leaving again rather shortly. About five minutes later I was just about finished eating dinner when my mother told me she would be leaving to go to the mall, and I thought nothing of it and wished her on her way.

Then the inevitable happened...

My mother pulls in to the driveway, instead of backing in and making life easier when pulling out. We live on a one way street and as she was pulling out, she claims she could not see through the tint on her 91 LS 400 (5% Limo Tint) out of the back and swiped my back bumper also because "I thought you were parked next to me." Evidently she just wasn't thinking straight and pulled out with only checking the side of the street that traffic comes down. She then came running inside hysterically about my car as I was on a phone call. Unfortunately, at first my emotions got the best of me, but shortly after I calmed down and realized this was my mother and there was nothing to shout or scream about.

Then I went outside...

At first I thought she missed it, but upon further inspection she left a nice black mark on her car and a beautiful white canvas on mine. I told her not to worry about the issue and to just go sit inside while I assess the damage and call dear old dad. He was much more calm then I thought and things went on without a hitch. She's getting rid of her car for a 99 RX 300 and I was planning on a new bumper regardless if this happened or not. So, all in all, I told my dad not to worry about it and just pay half my expenses with the L-Sportline Rear with paint and all. I guess maybe this is a blessing in disguise as I will now need to mod quicker then I thought. Hopefully, this is the bad turning to good and the last we see of any bad pictures or stories. I attached the three pictures I took.

-Anthony
Attached Thumbnails The Curse Over?  Not In The Least :(-dscn0035.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Bone; 12-03-03 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-03-03, 01:13 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Two..
Attached Thumbnails The Curse Over?  Not In The Least :(-dscn0036.jpg  
Old 12-03-03, 01:13 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

And three...
Attached Thumbnails The Curse Over?  Not In The Least :(-dscn0037.jpg  
Old 12-03-03, 01:22 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Well, things obviously happen for a reason , now you can get your lsportline bumer! but im sorry bout the damage.....the worst thing my mom has done is back over my golf clubs....that was funny...kinda.
Old 12-03-03, 01:27 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

bone

sorry to see your are a victim of this so called curse , at least you will get your sportline bumper out of it

for me , i have had enough about hearing thses issues , i am folding my ride in half and tucking it away in my shoebox on the top shelf of my closet next to my safe

no more chance for me
Old 12-03-03, 01:41 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hey Capt.

Sorry to read you were the next "victim", but hey....from the looks of your pictures that damage looks like it can easily be buffed out and polished up to look new again...but hey...im just assessing that from the pictures...unsure if it is broken through the clear coat. In any case myself and the countless others who are part of the "curse" club have learned that ***** happens...good luck...speedy recovery

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 12-03-03 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-03-03, 02:04 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Ant -- two weeks and everything will be a-o-k for ya bud
Old 12-03-03, 02:26 PM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

damn.. ..the curse is still here...I guess i'm keepin my car in the garage for a long time now.. ...i guess the best part now is now you can get the lsportline rear bumper..
Old 12-03-03, 04:49 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Bone, to be honest when I was reading, I was kinda hoping it would be the rear since you wanted to mod anyhow. if it would have been the front, then that would be $$$ you spend for nothing!! Plus now dear old dad is going to help with the Sportline rear

Also glad your cooler head prevailed, and you remembered that the lady that carried you for 9months just dented a car!! Good man
Old 12-03-03, 04:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by lexforlife
in my shoebox on the top shelf of my closet next to my safe
Whats your address again Ed, I need some mod $$$
Old 12-03-03, 05:04 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ant, sorry to hear about the fender but it is now time for Sportline. You muct be excited huh. I hope all works out for ya and what is funny is I backed into my sisters BMW last year before I had my Lex. It was in the driveway. I thought she was gonna kill me. lol
Old 12-03-03, 06:10 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lexis11
Ant, sorry to hear about the fender but it is now time for Sportline. You muct be excited huh. I hope all works out for ya and what is funny is I backed into my sisters BMW last year before I had my Lex. It was in the driveway. I thought she was gonna kill me. lol
It is quotes like this that just make me laugh about the incident and not get any bit upset.

-Anthony
Old 12-03-03, 06:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man this is sat GS vs end of 2003 ---> 2003 wins... oh well

but hey, new bumper, that's not a bad idea
Old 12-03-03, 07:53 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with everyone else......it's time for a new bumper and possibly a new mom ......j/k
Old 12-03-03, 10:02 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

these things r coming in bunches .... i agree it gives u an excuse 2 get a new rear bumper now...have her pay 4 half of it j/k j/k

Quick Reply: The Curse Over? Not In The Least :(