GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HOW LOW can you go????

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 06:47 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2001HiTechGs -

Very nice one, man. I love how 20-in wheels give the illusion that your car is tucking low without actually having it being real low. I think your height and zero fender gap on 20-in wheels are perfect. I may have to rethink about getting them 20s now....

HI98GS -

Ack! Now that's low! Is that 19-in??? My car sits exactly like that right now and mine doesn't even have a bodykit on it. Yours look like you can barely slip a flat cellphone under the front lip!!!! Did you wind it that low only to take that pic or do you drive around like that???? WOW!
Old 12-15-03, 07:44 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by HI98GS
here's mine
Damn thats low. Do you ride with it that low? How off is your camber. What is that on top of your rear bumper by your taillight?
Old 12-15-03, 09:54 PM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks...i'm gettin the v300 tt front clip soon...how you like it?? is it fast?? let me know thanks jimmy
2001HiTechGs -

Very nice one, man. I love how 20-in wheels give the illusion that your car is tucking low without actually having it being real low. I think your height and zero fender gap on 20-in wheels are perfect. I may have to rethink about getting them 20s now....

HI98GS -

Ack! Now that's low! Is that 19-in??? My car sits exactly like that right now and mine doesn't even have a bodykit on it. Yours look like you can barely slip a flat cellphone under the front lip!!!! Did you wind it that low only to take that pic or do you drive around like that???? WOW!
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-15-03, 11:14 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

here's mine
you get my vote
you are a brave man
Old 12-15-03, 11:37 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

HI98GS - I can't really answer your question. I have nothing to compare it against. My previous car was also an Aristo V300 and this one I am currently driving is already a BPU+.

Compared to my stock 280hp V300 model, my current one is a tad faster. As a gauge, a BPU+ supra would put down around 400rwhp at 1.1 bar of boost. And that's what my AVC-R is set at, so I am also assuming that I am about 400rwhp. It's mighty fast, but our cars are cumbersome giants. It doesn't feel nimble at all in city streets or even in straight line races.

But in either case, if you could pull off transplanting a V300 engine into your GS, you get my respect and you will definitely get to enjoy the 2JZ powerplant that most people can only dream of.
Old 12-16-03, 07:26 AM
hitechgs3t
Lead Lap

thanks man..i gonna order it and get it done for my winter mod

Last edited by 2001HiTechGs; 12-16-03 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-16-03, 08:07 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

here's mine
Where do you live?

Last edited by TwentyTen; 12-16-03 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-17-03, 12:21 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I live in Honolulu.
No I don't drive with it that low, Just for show......guys.
Old 12-17-03, 05:40 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

I live in Honolulu.
No I don't drive with it that low, Just for show......guys.
Either way, it looks damin good! Honolulu's kinda flat so I'm sure you still keep it pretty low right?

Last edited by TwentyTen; 12-17-03 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-17-03, 10:22 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

I would like my car to be that low, but for practicality, I wouldn't. looks nice though.
Old 12-17-03, 01:29 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me weird. I'm not an old man (21). I'm not against mods (have a ton on every car I've owned). But I just don't think that rediculously (to the point of being very antifunctional) low cars look good at all.

I mean, a car that's lowered an inch or so on a set of 18 inch wheels may complete the way the package rounds out (even though I would never personally do that)... but when people put these massive wheels on and/or put their car so low to the ground that they have to turn around if they ever see a speed bump, fissure in the ground, or a 5 degree incline in a parking lot... that is so impractical that it seems dumb to me...

Sorry guys, no flames intended. I guess I'm just being honest and saying there's a difference between being beautiful and taking things so far that you ruin what a car was intended for.

Extremely lowered trucks make me wonder even more...
Old 12-17-03, 07:29 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Threxx
Call me weird. I'm not an old man (21). I'm not against mods (have a ton on every car I've owned). But I just don't think that rediculously (to the point of being very antifunctional) low cars look good at all.

I mean, a car that's lowered an inch or so on a set of 18 inch wheels may complete the way the package rounds out (even though I would never personally do that)... but when people put these massive wheels on and/or put their car so low to the ground that they have to turn around if they ever see a speed bump, fissure in the ground, or a 5 degree incline in a parking lot... that is so impractical that it seems dumb to me...

Sorry guys, no flames intended. I guess I'm just being honest and saying there's a difference between being beautiful and taking things so far that you ruin what a car was intended for.

Extremely lowered trucks make me wonder even more...

Oh no doubt, threxx. I totally understand where you are coming from. But I only have 19's and I know some people here have 21's even! And if I put my Aristo side by side with my bone stock BMW 5-series, my front bumper has about the same clearance to the ground as the BMW. My sideskirt is a tad lower than the BMW which has a hamann sideskirt (so I guess that's pretty low ), but apart from that, I didn't put any ridiculous bodykit or any stretched 225/25 tires to slam the car even more.

My only problem is with my turbo downpipe that seems to be hanging lower than even the floorpan of the car and that's causing the really big scraping problem going over speed bumps or deep potholes (even slowly). Even at its standard height, I think Aristo already has problems with floorpan clearance..... I will go to a exhaust shop to take a look at the damage sometime this week and see if there's any solution to remedy it.
Old 12-17-03, 08:50 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

its looks very very mean being that low

on my Max I'm pretty much tucking all the way around now on my JICs... even my old Kei Office coilovers

my car isnt a daily driver so when I drive it I just take care with it... its not practical... but then again if I were practical I'd drive a Civic hybrid!

jtanoyo1- you're from Jakarta?? I used to travel there when I was in High School for sports and stuff to JIS its been awhile since I've been there
Old 12-17-03, 09:30 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

To get my car where it is today (no finger gap) we had to mod the front fenderwells. We melted some plastic, removed some plastic and bent a metal brace inside the wheel well. Before the modification, I would rub driving straight at 5mph on the smallest of bumps. No kidding!

For all of you with 20's that want to have a daily driver like mine without ANY annoying rub - just wait. We have the cure for the common rub with dubs and will debut our DIY shortly.

Last edited by Synergy; 12-17-03 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-17-03, 09:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I was wondering when Synergy would post on here! Def the lowest on dubs aound these parts

Quick Reply: HOW LOW can you go????