GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wet Okole Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-03, 04:05 PM
altaf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Okole Seat Covers

Well I wanted to get a set of nice seat covers for the GS. I’ve heard Wet Okole (www.wetokole.com) is pretty much the best in class and has awesome fitment. I finally decided to make the purchase today and came to find out that they don’t have a GS fitment ! I asked them why not, and they said that they need a GS to measure before they can create a seat cover template for it.

So my question to you Cali or Hawaii folks… anyone want to take a trip to Wet Okole with their GS for seat measurements ? Maybe you could work out a discount for being the first one … but I know you would be doing all those interested in these seat covers (like me) a huge favor . Maybe even a group buy (upto the CL bosses to decide of course)?

Any volunteers… anyone???

This is their address and numbers:

California:
1727 Superior Ave. Costa Mesa, CA 92627 (888-24-OKOLE)

Hawaii
660 Ala Moana Blvd. Honolulu, HI 96813 (808) 531-9778

Here's a pic of an IS300 seat cover (many more pics on their web site). Notice the cut-out for the side airbag !

[
Old 12-16-03, 04:11 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If they give it to me...i'll do it! This would be perfect for those trips back from the gym...so you don't screw up the leather!
Old 12-16-03, 05:15 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SAME HERE...I'M IN SAN DIEGO

MAN,
That is nice. I have a guy that works with me with a 2002 Corvette. He has these seat covers in his car. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow, and see what's going on!
GSEREP1
Old 12-16-03, 05:56 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've owned a set of Wet Okole seat covers back in 1995. Great stuff. For beach, gym, etc....

That pic of the IS300 are custom made. Customs will cost a least 2 bills...maybe more. They also sell universal seat covers too...cheaper in CA. I just visited their store in Costa Mesa, CA while on vacation last month....Universal seat covers were $69 for a set (2 front seats). Hawaii sells the same ones for $99. Go figure!!

Btw....those guyz at Wet Okole - Hawaii can drive about 4 blocks (5 minutes drive) to visit the Lexus dealership to get measurements.

Most GS owners have leather. I would be wary about putting these things on leather. The black padding on the inside of the neoprene looks like it could transfer the tint color onto the leather. Just my opinion...but I'm not willing to be the beta tester here. LOL!!

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 12-16-03 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-17-03, 02:06 AM
altaf
Pole Position

Originally posted by PHML

Most GS owners have leather. I would be wary about putting these things on leather. The black padding on the inside of the neoprene looks like it could transfer the tint color onto the leather. Just my opinion...but I'm not willing to be the beta tester here. LOL!!

Pete
I've asked around regarding this, and nobody I've asked has experienced the seat cover's color bleeding into the seat.

gserep1 / KVA: Keep us posted on what they tell you. Thanks!
Old 12-17-03, 11:28 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow i actaully like it...pretty good 4 the beach like said b4...
Old 12-17-03, 12:16 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Hey guyz....

FYI - "Okole" means a$$ in Hawaiian.

Thus....Wet Okole means Wet A$$. No joke.

Pete
Old 12-17-03, 01:16 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by PHML
Hey guyz....

FYI - "Okole" means a$$ in Hawaiian.

Thus....Wet Okole means Wet A$$. No joke.

Pete
LOL...that's pretty funny! What island do you live on? Going to Maui in May...already booked...staying just North of Kaanapali.
Old 12-17-03, 01:21 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

I had Wet Okole seat covers in my 2000 Chevy Silverado. They were black and silver with the trademarked Silverado logo imprinted on the seatbacks in white. They were absolutely the first thing people noticed when they saw the truck and everybody loved the way they looked and felt when driving (including me). Considering how much custom work I had done to the truck, for the seat covers to stand out that much I was impressed. I had to give several strangers wetokole's website address so that they could order a set as well!

They do great with just about anything you can throw at them and they stay nice, tight, and new. You pretty much can't tell that they're a seat cover... they look more like an actual seat recovering like you took the cloth/leather off and replaced it with neoprene.

That said, I would definitely not put it on my GS4. I just don't think it would look right. They did great on my truck and would do great on a few other 'rough tough' vehicles or most older vehicles with somewhat worn out seating... but on something as classy and high quality as a lexus seat, it just looks more like a downgrade and looks out of place.
Old 12-17-03, 01:37 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by KVA
LOL...that's pretty funny! What island do you live on? Going to Maui in May...already booked...staying just North of Kaanapali.
KVA -

Im on Oahu....the main island. Kaanapali is really nice. Enjoy your stay.

Pete
Old 12-17-03, 02:19 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

PHML - I was on the main island last year....kaanapali the year before...time to go back...May is a great time of year over there...not too many people.

Threxx - I would only want to use somthing like this when returning from the gym...so I wouldn't mess up the leather...but I agree that our cars are too classy to have them on all the time.
Old 12-17-03, 03:18 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

I can see your point...however, I question the durability of the leather if you spent a lot of "butt time" in the seat. I have had other cars with leather in the past, and the driver's seat was the only one that showed wear....a real turn off if you try to sell, and a worn out seat doesn't feel too good either.

I will check and see if I like how it looks on my car. Maybe after looking at it I may agree with you.

GOTTA TRY!
Thanks

GSEREP1
Old 12-17-03, 03:31 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

These seat covers would look good on my Blue IS and it has black interior, so it wouldn't look like it was added on.

$450 for Front & Rear

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 12-17-03 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-17-03, 05:23 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Default CONTACTED THE COMPANY TODAY

Hello,
I contacted the California branch today, and they said they are swamped with orders...(Christmas season), so they could not take measurements right now.

They suggested that I bring my GS-400 in somewhere around (get this)..FEBRUARY. This will be after the busy season. Gee, I hope I REMEMBER sometime in February, and I hope I am still ALIVE.

I am not getting real good vibes from these guys, BUT I will follow it through to see what develops. They did not seem as enthusiastic as I would have thought, but maybe I expected more. Who knows?

I will keep you posted as things develop.
GSEREP1
Old 12-17-03, 06:50 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Default Re: CONTACTED THE COMPANY TODAY

Originally posted by gserep1
Hello,
I contacted the California branch today, and they said they are swamped with orders...(Christmas season), so they could not take measurements right now.

They suggested that I bring my GS-400 in somewhere around (get this)..FEBRUARY. This will be after the busy season. Gee, I hope I REMEMBER sometime in February, and I hope I am still ALIVE.

I am not getting real good vibes from these guys, BUT I will follow it through to see what develops. They did not seem as enthusiastic as I would have thought, but maybe I expected more. Who knows?

I will keep you posted as things develop.
GSEREP1
Yep...my sis in law bought a set for dear ole mom for Xmas. Those guys at Costa Mesa are kinda flakey if you ask me. They called my sis in law for pickup.....we drove an hour to get there....when we arrived later that day...they could not find our order....it wasn't even busy....we were the only ones there....they searche high and low for it.....finally they found it. Duh!?!?!?

Pete

Quick Reply: Wet Okole Seat Covers