GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Santa Claus came early for my GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-03, 07:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Santa Claus came early for my GS

Santa blessed me early for my black beast

New Ltuned Sides on a beautiful new HKS HIPER exaust system (this exaust is sweet , low mean and almost no drone and huge rocket launcher tips)

these were gifts from my beautiful wife

Tell me what you guys think... my teins flex coilovers and edc controller is coming after christmas ,, getting ready for grand daddy of them all , RMM supercharger and 50 shot of NOS
Old 12-20-03, 07:20 AM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mery X-mas.. How nice!! How did you convince your wife that you "needed" these.
Old 12-20-03, 07:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 12-20-03, 07:26 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

kutscher Mery X-mas.. How nice!! How did you convince your wife that you "needed" these.
after over 10 years of marriage finally gave her a huge rock , let her choose whatever she wanted so shes in heaven now at least until next month
Old 12-20-03, 07:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hey i hear ya with the wife.....looks awesome as expected...the black beast is well on its way....
Old 12-20-03, 07:55 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes very nice indeed, love those skirts, they reall y look so nice on the car. Hows the exhaust? This is one mod that I am weary of simply because of cabin noise? Well anyways very nice car looks fantastic.
Old 12-20-03, 08:14 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

It looks great ed. Your car is going to look great on the teins.Looking good and going fast, thats a great new years resolution. Hey ED drop me a line when you read this.
Old 12-20-03, 09:54 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

looking good l4l, glad the wife has realized that the modding is a FAMILY activity, have her call my girl and get her on the wagon!!

Man that black sure is deep brotha, you really DO wax it like hell!! have you decided on a back bumper yet?
Old 12-20-03, 10:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thanks D for the comments and yes i wax it so much that masking tape wont stick to it, as far as the back bumper bro , alwilliams and i are torn between the jdm rear add on for the apron or Lsportline , the Lsportline bumper is functional with the slit in the middle with the mesh for at high speeds it prevents reverberation of air getting trapped up in the bumper cover creating drag like a parachute , that opening lets the air escape..as far as the now getting into it , her mindset changed abit for the positive when she came to the show we did last weekend and saw exactly what we do and how we all get together on a positive note instead of running the streets chasing women, alwiiliams wife and adrians wife were there and got into it nicely

thanks bit , blue johnee78 lexis11 thanks again for your comments

lexis11, this hks sounds mean , low , and deep , when you step into it ,it screams with authority and tells everyone within earshot you mean business, crusing around on the hwy or locally you barely know its there , drone almost does not occur , just a small acceptable amount around 1500-1900 rpm. i have driven with all windows sunroof closed and no radio and its sounds great , power wise i really do feel a good amount of diff in the way the car accelerates , off the line i am now able to spin the tires with ease (dry pavement) throttle response is quicker buti do have a modified airbox ramming cooler denser air into it with a toms high flow filter
Old 12-20-03, 10:24 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by lexforlife
her mindset changed abit for the positive when she came to the show we did last weekend and saw exactly what we do and how we all get together on a positive note instead of running the streets chasing women, alwiiliams wife and adrians wife were there and got into it nicely
She sounds JUST like my g/f man!! She is always asking me if there are any girls on club lexus, and who comes to these meets!! One time I just broght the little girl with me to be safe!! Must be a island ting!! LOL (my g/f is Jamaican, I'm a Yankee bwoy)

I think the JDM rear will look better on your car because of the black color, it will mask the line, Al would be better off with Lsport or RMM ( SOMEBODY has to pair up the Ltuned sides with a RMM rear dammit).

I think for you, cost should be the determining factor, if that JDM lip is 5-600 bucks then just get a full rear bumper, but if its cost effective you should go for it man.
Old 12-20-03, 10:51 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet. Congrats Ed.

Many of us are going to have similar looking cars if the TTE/L-tuned people get L-Sportline rears. I think we can thank DaveGS4 for the TTE/L-Tuned and GSTRANCE for the TTE/L-Tuned/L-Sportline combo. Also, D, I think someone did do the TTE/L-Tuned/RMM combo and posted a pic. I think it was white. I just can't remember the user right now. I'll edit if I remember.
Old 12-20-03, 10:57 AM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by Neo
Sweet. Congrats Ed.

Many of us are going to have similar looking cars if the TTE/L-tuned people get L-Sportline rears. I think we can thank DaveGS4 for the TTE/L-Tuned and GSTRANCE for the TTE/L-Tuned/L-Sportline combo. Also, D, I think someone did do the TTE/L-Tuned/RMM combo and posted a pic. I think it was white. I just can't remember the user right now. I'll edit if I remember.
There was one other member a while ago with a silver GS that did the same combo as me except he had the L-sport front as well. Kajukenbo is who you are thinking of with the TTE/L-tuned/RMM rear.That looks great as well.

Lex, your car is looking great man!
Old 12-20-03, 11:06 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
There was one other member a while ago with a silver GS that did the same combo as me except he had the L-sport front as well. Kajukenbo is who you are thinking of with the TTE/L-tuned/RMM rear.That looks great as well.

Lex, your car is looking great man!
kajukenbo replaced his rear bumper with a RMM I would like to see that!

Also, Brice, someone has L-Sport front Ltuned side and RMM rear?

Any pics of either car?
Old 12-20-03, 11:15 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I think he meant L-Sportline/L-Tuned/L-Sportline.
Old 12-20-03, 11:19 AM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by DGOT20s
kajukenbo replaced his rear bumper with a RMM I would like to see that!

Any pics of either car?
But of course! Well in this pic they have L-Sport front and L-Tuned sides
Attached Thumbnails Santa Claus came early for my GS-ltuned-sides-and-lsportline-front.jpg  

Last edited by GSTRANCE; 12-20-03 at 11:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Santa Claus came early for my GS