GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

question about this car

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-03, 09:22 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHOA NELLY....

Originally posted by 00lexondub
EVERYONE. i am not trying to do my car like this one. believe me. i just really like neons and leds, you guys like going fast i like driving slow and glowing. i thought this site was for all lexus owners not just lexus owners who are like yourselves. i have already owned a new corvette and went through the whole stage of going fast and after a $400 speeding ticket and 3 donuts on intersate 17 in SC i decided that it would be best to go for a car. i picked the gs because of the styling not the power. i am 21 and play college baseball and do not need the hassle of many speeding tickets and people trying to race me. although i do believe i will do some engine mods and performance mods. i belive lexus is a cruising car not a racer if ui wanted a sports car i would have gotten a dodge viper or another corvette. as far was NYWIZARD. the car is all about your own taste. if i were to do what everyone wanted me to do i would be a high school drop out who is a druggie. just cuz i got a 10k stereo and 20" spinners and bunch of neons doesnt make me a bad person. that is just something i want. i hate when people stereotype others. people think i am some kind of thug and drug dealer when reality i make 3.5 in college and play a sport , on top of that i dont do drugs, dont drink, go to church, i clean cars to have the money to fix cars since the NCAA will only allow me to have a part time job. i posted the pic of this car because i thought neons in the wheels would look a little different and not be the same old neons you see everywhere , expecially since i have spinners and it would shine through. i guess honest people are some times the harshest.. i have recently started posting things on CL and i am dissapointed with my fellow lexus owners and their comments on various pages. for some reason some of us lexus owners beleive we are better than others cuz of the car we drive. i again have to say that i am very upset with the ignorance and stupidity of some of the people on this site. i hope i am not offending people, just thought i would state my point since everyone seems to be.
rick

Rick,

Seems like your the one that got offended. It also seems like everyone got off the subject of this thread, in hind sight you asked about the neons (where to buy) and "OUR" family was just giving you an opinion. Some like it and others don't but what it really boils down to is that it's your car and you design it the way you want to! I can't tell you what to put on your car, you are the one that has to drive around in it. If you like neons and leds by all means put them on. Basically, it's your money, your car, your taste. Many will compliment and many will hate, but that's just how people are. Grin and bare it is all I have to say. Now, as far as NYWIZARD's car, some of the family feels that it was done in poor taste, some like it as well. We are all entitled to our own opinion's, though you may not have asked for it, it was was an opinion. So don't be disappointed with "OUR" fellow lexus owners, no one is here to condemn you.

-R-
Old 12-23-03, 09:26 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your into underglow neons or whatever...Shoot Steve Ganz a PM...SUPRATRD

He can get you quality underglow LED kit from Japan, its from a highly reputable company called Autocouture...You might want to do some research...

If I were going to do underglow LED on my car, this one would be it!
Old 12-23-03, 09:29 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

thanks man i will oook into it, i curently have a set of custom amad eorange neons under the car the a hyper carad white led strobing kit to run over the orange. it kinda chases around the car, but i iwll oook into , thanks
rick
Old 12-23-03, 09:41 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

just noticed how bad i type, what i meant to say was

thanks man i will look into it. I curently have a set of custom made orange neons under the car and a hyper varad white led strobing kit to run over the orange. it kinda chases around the car, but i will look into, thanks
rick
Old 12-23-03, 09:53 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, take a deep breath bro.... I believe most of the members here understand your point and were not in anyway trying to laugh at you or your decision to put neons inside your wheels. Everyone has there own taste and for the most part... we respect that. It's your car, your ideas... so do what you need to do... I will say there's a very small percentage of members here who would put neons on a Lexus. Especially in the wheels... It takes away from the Luxury and makes it more Fast n Furious. Again, if that's you... go for it! Please understand that anytime you ask for opinions or ideas here, expect hundreds of different replies. Some will be good others will not. Don't take the bad ones to heart. If we don't agree with your choice of modifications to your car, that doesn't make us ignorant or stupid. Just makes us different, that's all... One last thing... I'm sure you will have more problems with cops pulling you over with neons in your wheels than racing up and down the streets. By putting neons on the outside of "any" car, basically your asking everyone to "look at me". Just giving you a heads up... Anyway, we are all family here and we want you to enjoy Club Lexus. Don't let different opinions get you upset bro. That's life...

EDIT: Okay, back to your original question. I saw a few cars at the SEMA show this year that had neon lighting in various places. I will see if I can find a flyer or brochure with some info. I'll shoot ya a PM if I find something out.....

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 12-23-03 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-23-03, 11:09 PM
portcityplaya
Driver

Default Do whatcha like.

Hey rick don't sweat it. It's your car and you have to drive it so do what you like. I think some cars with neon look cool. It's not my thing because I use my car to cart clients around but at your age enjoy doing that stuff before life gets too serious. Good luck on finding what your looking for.

James

aka

PCP
Old 12-23-03, 11:49 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by 00lexondub

hondas are just as nice as a lexus, ithink everyone should realize that all we have is a nicer corolla, , i
I agree with what everyone else said about to each his own etc. etc..But you just stated that the GS was just a "nicer corolla".That couldnt be farther from the truth.The GS comes from the Toyota ARISTO not the Corolla.
Old 12-24-03, 05:56 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dude:

If you want to put neons all over YOUR car, that's fine with me. Its your car, your money, and if you want to throw it down the drain, you certainly can. .

I'm only stating that when one buys a refined, classy luxo-cruiser like a Lexus GS, one would expect an appropriate modicum of style and taste to go with any mods that are made to it.

You don't buy a 10,000 sq ft. mansion and then go to Big Lots, Bob's Furniture Salvage, and KMart to decorate it. Also you wouldn't litter the house with Velvet style art, would you. thats what NYWizard has essentially done to his GS. I can't respect that, but ultimately it is his choice.

I simply thought you wanted feedback from fellow CL memebers who have a clue on tasteful and proper Lexus GS modifying.

Can't wait to see the ride.
Old 12-24-03, 07:02 AM
LexFather

Rick,

Dude, it's your car, do what u like. But as LXOGOOD stated, on the internet, you "ask" a question, you will get replies that u like and do not like. Neon's do have a functional purpose at car shows, that is about it though. Few here have Neon's on their GS or Lex, so that tells you something right there. Many are passionate of questionable mods on the GS. And I got my GS 4 at 22, in college (we are similar) and if it were not for these guys helping me out, I would have looked like a fool driving around town.

NYWizard, never posts, so we can't really know what he thinks/knows. I do know, he goes to multiple car shows, and seems he wins in them, so his mods are attention getting, what you need in many car shows.That is the ONLY reason to get Neons, IMO.

Hey everyone, don't hang the newb, if u don't like, just give a thumbs down. Thanks
Old 12-24-03, 08:47 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i see NYWizrd's ca @ shows all the time and the only reason he wins is the shows he goes to are judged by retarded judges who have the same nonsensical tastes that he does. I should have said lack of taste.

when he goes to a show that is judged by people who rerally know the cars and classy mods (not those purchased @ Pep Boys and from APC) then he and his car get LAUGHED @ HARD.

the Dude is like 45 yrs old and acts like he's 18 and trying to get a passing score on the ACT.

Peace-Out
Old 12-24-03, 09:14 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i won't even get started on the wizard as i may get banned but Rick that cool that u play baseball.. i used 2 play in n.j. and was 1st all conference 3rd all state catcher while in high school..had letters 2 go 2 north carolina state and some other smaller scholls but detroyed my shoulder my senior year and lost everything...i hope it pans out 4 u ....as far as neons in the wheel it depends r u doing it 4 shows or so u can drive 2 the movies and turn them on?. its still u'r car and i always say do what u like...i'll c u around hopefully at out not yet planned but coming soon florida meet....remember 2 check the regional forums in southeast 4 upcoming events in florida...
Old 12-24-03, 09:15 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by ted920
...the Dude is like 45 yrs old and acts like he's 18 and trying to get a passing score on the ACT...
LMFAO!!!! (Now my abs hurt from laughing so hard).
Old 12-24-03, 09:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by PHML
LMFAO!!!! (Now my abs hurt from laughing so hard).
u think u'r abs r hurting.. i wish u would have seen him on that tv show spike ,i caught a rerun the other day and laughed so hard i almost shat myself austin powers...
Old 12-24-03, 11:55 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

OK this is getting off the subject, so I'll add a small note. 00LEX- You're21 with a Lexus?
Wow! This must be nice!!! It's nice to see a lot of younger people are able to drive
a nice car at such young age and to enjoy them, not like older folks.
Enjoy your ride-we're all family, through good times and bad times.
I love this forum!!!I visited other forums and they're either boring or don't even have
the interests or passions for their cars like we do here. Most other forums are
about mechanical problems where we here are mostly about modding. That's the
beautiful thing about owning a LEXUS=LUXURY+ELEGANCE (not buying a car
to continuously bring it to the shop for repair). HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!

Last edited by GS3Tek; 12-24-03 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-24-03, 08:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Rick-thanks for the props on the 1st Gen, I got that car when I was 21 too!! I remember when I came to CL, I used to get offended too, but after being on awhile, ur gonna have to realize that there are LOTS of people on here, and just like face to face interaction, ur gonna run into different personalities! As far as the car goes, LXOgoods suggestion on the A/C entrance LEDS is a good one, u should check it out, it'll set u apart!!

Also, don't foget my earlier suggestion, try to meet with a few members in FLA (bluelex, lexforlife, unclenick, etc) those guys are guru's dude and they can give u lots of advice!!

Btw- ur trunk is HOT!!

Quick Reply: question about this car