GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

how sad... gs400 ricer

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-04 | 12:18 PM
kandygs400
Rookie

hahaha...rice....hmm...its all good...TOO EACH HIS OWN....is what i say...i may not like what pther people put on their car...but he must like to put it on....like if yall take a look at my car...yall might not like the KIT/COLOR/WHEELS....but i do...cant get mad at somebodies taste...and to the age thing...im 22..and i have a gs400...so even 20 sum year olds know how to fix up cars...and TRUST me i work on $30,000 cars all day long...at the shop i work at....we do high end car audio...and wheels...and THERE are riced out benzs and bimmers just have to look...so i dont know if you would consider me a ricer or not...because i basically have all the things ricers have..i even have red under carriage lights...ricer or not it looks dayam good...but on a higher level...done with taste
Old 01-02-04 | 01:27 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

The term Rice or Ryce or however you want to spell it has taken on too many meanings ever since it first popped up. Nowadays it is used to described pretty much anything a person does not like about another person's car. What it is supposed to represent, however, is a poorly executed mod. For example, a body kit that is too flimsy and flaps in the wind at 45 mph.
I have also noticed that Rice has taken on a 2nd meaning. Some consider rice to be anything that is not necessary or that follows a trend. If this is the case, we are all, well most of us, guilty of having Rice on our cars. And trends become trends for a very good reason; because the parts, if added right, do good to a car. A very good example of this is underbody glow kits and other associated neon lights.

I agree that we all have our opinions on parts, colors, or whatever. But just because you dont like the car, does not mean it is Ricey. I think this example we all can follow, NYWIZARD's GS. Now you have to take your time and ponder this one. Sure I, and most of us here on CL, think this car is UGLY, no wait FUGLY, but he is winning very many shows. He has to be doing something right. If you look at his pictures, everything fits well. You may not dig the Z3 gills, but nothing on his car is sloppily done, it is all finished.
His car isn't riced, just ugly.
Old 01-02-04 | 05:42 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i got spinners on my gs and i dont think i am rice. it is all about personal preferences. i know 99.9% of gs owners dont like spinners but i do and thats all that matters to me. if i am rice or not i like the way my car is.
Old 01-02-04 | 08:43 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Default SPOTTED TODAY !! gs400 ricer

Originally posted by rominl
well, so today i was going to costco with my wife, and i saw a canaber (sp??) gs400 came close. thought i go say hi, but when he went by i always crashed my car.... gs400, i don't think it's lowered (or if so, slightly), ith 20s CHROME SPINNERS!!!!!! gosh that's a winner..... and the wheels are total garbage for sure, it's probably like 7" with 215 tires on them..... taht's so sad....

we both made a left and of course he gunned it. well, what would prevent me from gunning too right? oh well.... i would just leave it like that....

so sad another gs4 got destroyed.... sorry but i don't give mercy on ANY ricer car
Rominl, I saw your Ricer GS today going down the road ! Before I even got close I knew it was the car you were talking about. I'm not that knowledgable on spinners. What I do know is I've seen spinners that looked tasteful and these were not it. I already knew it was the car when I drove up from behind it at the signal light and I could see major bling sticking out from the wheels. As we turned left I was able to get next to him and pass him.

I reached a stop light and thought , good I will snap a photo from my camera phone when he stops next to me. Just as he was about to stop, the light went green and he kept going. Damn !

He got ahead of me, but as it happens he was headed right to these luxury apartments just before I turn off to go to my place. He was going my way and I had a chance for another shot.

Just as he turned left into the gated entrance I tried to pull off a shot, but I pushed the wrong button on my camera and got zip. Damn Again!

Here's my observations:
- No License Plate, just a frame.
- Not lowered at all - He was 4 wheeling it
- Spinners had a pointed center cap like out of a Roman Chariot
- Since they never stopped spinning, all I could tell is that the design had multiple geometric ridges. In other words Fugly !
- Driver was a guy wearing a reversed baseball cap. No offense intended to those who do that.
- Car was pure stock other than the wheels.

Rice ? You be the judge.

I know I will run into him again since he probably goes by my place and Rominls on a regular basis.

If I get a shot of it I'll post it.

The more I see GS's done up like this, the more the image and intrinsic value of our cars goes down.

00lexondub- Your wheels look tasteful. Present company excepted.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-02-04 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-04-04 | 12:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

well now we know where this guy is at, it's time to find the car and snap some pics
Old 01-07-04 | 10:41 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
well now we know where this guy is at, it's time to find the car and snap some pics
hahha.. leave the poor guy alone!!!

IMO, my car is ricey... I can't drive the damn thing anywhere unless I 4-wheel it...
Old 01-07-04 | 11:13 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by JunctionGS

IMO, my car is ricey... I can't drive the damn thing anywhere unless I 4-wheel it...
too funny, but ya lets get pics... its funny cus i ran into a cat a while ago and all he had was 2 5.6" tv's in the head rest with the stock radio and 20's with spinners that had the chrome plateing chipping off the spinner and he said that he car was "hooked up" . "almost done" he said...it was at a all typecars meet event they hold every friday night down hear and all eyes were on him until the south florida gs's rolled in. hs asked 2 park next 2 us and we let him ...we didn't know how 2 say no...so anyway...the best part in my eyes is that he kept walking up 2 his car and spinning his wheels every 5 min...2 c someone go up 2 each wheel and spin it every 5 min is priceless

Last edited by bluelex; 01-07-04 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-07-04 | 12:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by JunctionGS

hey isn't that how i call your car whenever i see it?