GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

how sad... gs400 ricer

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-03 | 05:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default how sad... gs400 ricer

well, so today i was going to costco with my wife, and i saw a canaber (sp??) gs400 came close. thought i go say hi, but when he went by i always crashed my car.... gs400, i don't think it's lowered (or if so, slightly), ith 20s CHROME SPINNERS!!!!!! gosh that's a winner..... and the wheels are total garbage for sure, it's probably like 7" with 215 tires on them..... taht's so sad....

we both made a left and of course he gunned it. well, what would prevent me from gunning too right? oh well.... i would just leave it like that....

so sad another gs4 got destroyed.... sorry but i don't give mercy on ANY ricer car
Old 12-26-03 | 06:28 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I really really really wonder sometimes what goes through their minds when hooking up a GS. Do they think they want to get ALL the attention possible even if people look at me, not in admiration but in awe of how horribly corny my car looks.

But hey, if they want to do it, its their money right? .
Old 12-26-03 | 06:33 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Default Whats wrong with spinners

Whats wrong with spinners on a GS? Its the right car for spinners! I'm not saying i have them but i've seen it and it definitly looks right, but then again you have to see whcih spinners they are. The LD1s with spinners are absolutly sick on a GS
Old 12-26-03 | 06:36 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Default Re: how sad... gs400 ricer

Originally posted by rominl
well, so today i was going to costco with my wife, and i saw a canaber (sp??) gs400 came close. thought i go say hi, but when he went by i always crashed my car.... gs400, i don't think it's lowered (or if so, slightly), ith 20s CHROME SPINNERS!!!!!! gosh that's a winner..... and the wheels are total garbage for sure, it's probably like 7" with 215 tires on them..... taht's so sad....

we both made a left and of course he gunned it. well, what would prevent me from gunning too right? oh well.... i would just leave it like that....

so sad another gs4 got destroyed.... sorry but i don't give mercy on ANY ricer car
I think Manny (GS4FUN) was right on when he said the GS series of automobiles will soon be a decrepid line of ricers. We are seeing more and more of them on the road hooked up horribly because of their decreasing price tag with the approach of the new GS looming.

It is unfortunate to see such a beautiful car go to the wolves without and chance of saving it.
Old 12-26-03 | 08:46 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

There are so many riced out GS cars in NYC and other luxury cars as well.

The kit that NYWIZARD has is very popular on these horrible looking cars.
Old 12-26-03 | 09:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

we r going 2 c more riced out gs's out there 4 sure but , who really cares...i figure if we all here pretty much know whats tast from whats not than who cares...i just laugh when i c a riced out car...i haven't seen a riced out gs in person yet but if i did i would laugh and know i'm driveing on quality stuff...

so rom u ate him or just let him past i didn't understand?
Old 12-26-03 | 10:18 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

$$$ does not always buy taste..then again to each his/her own ...

you guys should see some "riced out" AMGS that came into the dealership where i work. i am not talking about plain "steam rice"..i am referring to "all out fried rice"....
Old 12-26-03 | 11:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Trust me, I see riced out GSs all the time, but I see lots of other cars riced out too! M/Bs, BMWs, etc etc. (for some reason it really HURTS when you see a German car all riced out!)

Just the other day I saw a BMW 3 series with some off the shelf crap wheels!!

GS4Will- your funny man, all out fried rice!! LOL
Old 12-27-03 | 12:28 AM
B_Cruz
Driver

Default Re: how sad... gs400 ricer

Originally posted by rominl

huh? I dun get it.

Last edited by B_Cruz; 12-27-03 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-27-03 | 01:03 AM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Default Rice...

Can you please clarify the exact meaning of rice? I always seen rice as those stupid slammed civics with the 14" rims and the huge exhaust that make stupid noise.
Old 12-27-03 | 10:27 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: how sad... gs400 ricer

Originally posted by Captain Bone
I think Manny (GS4FUN) was right on when he said the GS series of automobiles will soon be a decrepid line of ricers. We are seeing more and more of them on the road hooked up horribly because of their decreasing price tag with the approach of the new GS looming.

It is unfortunate to see such a beautiful car go to the wolves without and chance of saving it.

The GS image continues to be tarnished on a daily basis. This is no surprise and unfortunately has made the current style GS a little less attractive to me!

This is only the beginning. I can't imagine the next few years!
Old 12-27-03 | 10:30 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Mikeyboy- IMO there are 2 types of rice, cheap and tasteless, the difference being

Cheap is the guys with the spinning hubcaps and Pep Boys mods, and cut springs

Tasteless is the guy that puts ugly hideous wheels, and nasty looking mods on an expensive vehicle. Not to be mean or anything, but NYWizards car is tastless rice IMO, its not that his stuff is cheap, but the wheels are not real spinners, he cut the Z3 "gills" into the fenders and then the blue carbon fiber the list goes on and on!!

I have others ridicule any Lexus with a kit as rice, but I do not agree with that!!! So long as the aero has nice lines and does not degregate the class of the vehicle its all good!!
Old 12-27-03 | 11:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

definition of rice is different from people to people. who knows maybe one day someone will come to me and say that my car is rice. just like what DGOT20s said to me that car is completely tasteless. bad sizes rims for the car in the wrong drop, that in my eyes is pathetic.

to me not all spinners are stupid, but you have to do it right and do it nice, which is definitely not the case with this gs. and man, you guys see riced out gs all the time? this is my first time! my eyes hurt!
Old 12-27-03 | 11:33 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

this one goes into to the fried rice cat. for sure
Attached Thumbnails how sad...  gs400 ricer-dsc03454.jpg  
Old 12-27-03 | 11:39 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

that is disgraceful

Quick Reply: how sad... gs400 ricer