GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Who has this combo - Explosion fr. bumper, L-tuned side skirts, L-Sportline r. bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03 | 01:39 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hameed, who takes care of ya?? had to look around for these for a while, but here ya go, courtesy of GSTRANCE

Not the best quality, but it is what it is!! LOL
Old 12-28-03 | 05:38 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by Hameed
Do you have any idea if the L-sportline rear bumper will fit with my L-tuned mufflers without modification?
I doubt it. The L-Tuned does not stickout a lot where as the L-Sportline bumper extends out a little further. I think the L-Tuned exhaust was meant to work well with the stock bumper.
Old 12-28-03 | 07:56 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

The pic of the Black GS(thread starter) Those wheels are real nice!!!! what size, and what brand?? please respond! thanks.
Old 12-28-03 | 10:30 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lettuce
The pic of the Black GS(thread starter) Those wheels are real nice!!!! what size, and what brand?? please respond! thanks.
Owner: GSINTENSIVE
Wheel: 20" Work Equip superchrome
Old 12-29-03 | 02:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i have a feeling that if some exhaust looks good / right on the stock bumper, it's not going to look as good with rear bumper replacement
Old 12-29-03 | 08:33 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Hameed,

L-Tuned mufflers don't stick out long enough for the L-Sportline rear bumper thus you would need to modify them or go with another exhaust (L-Sportline obvious or maybe HKS).. Remember when you put on the Tein Flex to use the oil that comes in the kit to lubricate between the coils and the plastic liner or you will get squeeking from time to time or if you drive in a dusty area.. Just a heads up!

Happy New Year!!

Ken
Old 12-29-03 | 09:36 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

hameed

the ltuned tips will be sunken in quite abit , jcarimi1 (i hope i spelled john screen name right) had it on his white gs with the rmm supercharger and from his pics was sunken in quite abit , he sold that exaust to my bro in law earlier this month and got the hks hipers which i am still waiting for pics to see if it fits flush for i too just put the hks on my car 2 weeks ago
Old 12-30-03 | 05:44 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Hameed,

L-Tuned mufflers don't stick out long enough for the L-Sportline rear bumper thus you would need to modify them or go with another exhaust (L-Sportline obvious or maybe HKS).. Remember when you put on the Tein Flex to use the oil that comes in the kit to lubricate between the coils and the plastic liner or you will get squeeking from time to time or if you drive in a dusty area.. Just a heads up!

Happy New Year!!

Ken
Thanks Ken!! Did you get any time off work? I know you were going crazy there in December.

What does the L-sportline exhaust look like and sound compared to the L-tuned?
Old 12-30-03 | 05:49 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hameed, who takes care of ya?? had to look around for these for a while, but here ya go, courtesy of GSTRANCE
Not the best quality, but it is what it is!! LOL
Thanks D!!! The quality of the pics sucks royally!!! I think I will eventually do the Explosion front end. Not sure when though..............
Old 12-30-03 | 06:11 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Thanks D!!! The quality of the pics sucks royally!!! I think I will eventually do the Explosion front end. Not sure when though..............
Hey, I think sucky quality pics are my trademark!!! Even when I link pics that someone ELSE took they are crappy LOL!!!

I think the Explosion front end will match rather nicely with the Ltuned sides, also remember that the RMM front has the exact dimensions and contours as the Explosion (FYI)

Hey Ham, just my .02 but u should really see the outcome once u mount the wheels and go from there. I think the mild size of ur wheels will match well with the mild aero (think DaveGS4), maybe just do a RMM rear bumper to tie it all in!! I was thinking the aggressive lines of the Explosion/Lsportline may overpower the wheels!! Just a thought man.
Old 12-30-03 | 06:26 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey, I think sucky quality pics are my trademark!!! Even when I link pics that someone ELSE took they are crappy LOL!!!

That is too funny!!!!
I think the Explosion front end will match rather nicely with the Ltuned sides, also remember that the RMM front has the exact dimensions and contours as the Explosion (FYI)

Hey Ham, just my .02 but u should really see the outcome once u mount the wheels and go from there. I think the mild size of ur wheels will match well with the mild aero (think DaveGS4), maybe just do a RMM rear bumper to tie it all in!! I was thinking the aggressive lines of the Explosion/Lsportline may overpower the wheels!! Just a thought man.
Yes you do have a point there............. I did not think about it like that. All the pics I have seen had 20 inch rims on them so yes, the perspective will definitely change as I will only have 18's on my car.

Enough said, hopefully the wheels will be here this weekend and then I will have some pics to show of my mildly modded GS.
Old 12-30-03 | 06:52 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

That is too funny!!!!
Enough said, hopefully the wheels will be here this weekend and then I will have some pics to show of my mildly modded GS.
Yeah dude, mount them and get a feel for them, then go from there! Trust me, a diff front bumper will not make or break the machine u have in the making!!

Good luck Ham!!!
Old 12-30-03 | 07:04 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Thanks Ken!! Did you get any time off work? I know you were going crazy there in December.

If memory serves me correct I think the L-Sportline had just a bit more bass than the L-Tuned but its been along time since I heard the two exhausts back to back.. There was a guy up in Markham who had the exhaust on his GS430.. If I still have his email I will shoot it to you and maybe he will show them off to you along with the complete L-Sportline body kit.. Warning thou he is a bit strange..

As for time off we are just crazy the installation went very well for the new piece of plant equipment but business is through the roof.. When things settle down here in the new year we'll hook up and talk about the website that i'm pushing for your team to build so you can mod your car even more..

Happy New Year!

Ken
Old 12-30-03 | 03:16 PM
Neo
The One

Find pics of gsintensive's car. He has the L-Sportline bumper and exhaust. You can even hear his car here:
http://www.lexusgonewild.com/norCal_...xhaustComp.htm
Old 01-01-04 | 07:39 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
As for time off we are just crazy the installation went very well for the new piece of plant equipment but business is through the roof.. When things settle down here in the new year we'll hook up and talk about the website that i'm pushing for your team to build so you can mod your car even more..
Looking forward to that, Ken!!!!!

Quick Reply: Who has this combo - Explosion fr. bumper, L-tuned side skirts, L-Sportline r. bumper