GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My car is back! And the final finishing touch...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 07:49 AM
dizzle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
[for some reason i really like the rear look of the car

I'm a bootie fan myself too.
Old 12-30-03, 07:57 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in awe

My GS needs a godfather and I have chosen you

So, did you feel the L-tuned steering ECU difference? I also replaced mine but the effect that I feel is very subtle, at best.

Last edited by whitels; 12-30-03 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-30-03, 08:07 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Henry what did you do with your OLD wheels?

Very sweet ride you have there BTW.. Did you ever think of molding the UGO kit into your car.. Not that it looks bad the way it is but I think it would look even better molded into the body.. Just a thought..
Old 12-30-03, 08:16 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin really nice Rominl looks awsome as my boy would say!!!!
Old 12-30-03, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahaha yeah boys, you guys got it right, the biggest surprise for the car -- i got HRE now for those who wonder, the wheels are

HRE 540R
20x8.5 and 20x10
silver centers with polished lips
perelli p-zero nero 245/35/20 and 275/30/20
i have 2" lip in the front and 3" lip in the back. the front clears the ap racing brakes perfectly

btw, believe it or not, my 20s now is NOWHERE slower than my old 19s volks. these are very light! ask todd at tm engineering, he was so surprised how light the wheels are. from hre info, my 20s should be around 26lb the rims, which is pretty much the same as the stock 17s. the tires of course are a lot heavier. but overall i was so surprised it's not heavier than my volks

my special thanks to the following people:

bob hale (socalsc4) from hre. he gave me all the info i need down to the last mm offset info, and he's been very helpful in other ways too, pretty much WAY out of the way of just business. for those who know me, i used to have 19" volks av3, and i had to sell the old set before getting the new set of rims, so the ordering of my hre wheels became very timing critical. i communicated with hre on this and they were very careful on my order and bob kept me fully update on all the process. believe it or not, my wheels were fully assembled and tires mounted 2 hours before i picked them up personally, how accurate can they get? and bob, he's the man. as you know delivery 4 20" isn't an easy task at all, and bob actually helped me to deliver two of the wheels and installed them on the car with me. he literally WASTED a full day's of time just to help me make sure i get the wheels in time. what else can i say to thank him?

raja of euroautoconcepts. don't be fooled by the company name he sells hre wheels. he's very helpful and his customer service is top notch. he's a friend of mine and if you are in the market of wheels (hre, bbs, etc...) definitely try him out. dex got his hre 447r from raja as well and he also has nothing but compliments on EAC (euroautoconcepts), so you know it's guaranteed. and no, you don't have to own a blue gs in order to get the wheels, lol...

ritsa, my wife. i mean, who the hell would allow the husband to spend the kind of money on these wheels rather than all the LG, Tifany, etc...? thank god ritsa she's also very much into cars (all the norcal folks you know it) and she's been so supportive. heck we even sat together in front of the computer screen to choose which wheels we want, color, etc.. and did i mention she helped me detailing my whole car, down to the dirtiest part?

those who got first peek of my wheels (rmmgs4, neo, synergy, redgs4, airttrack, jawnthen, r.meatas, ken, LXOGOOD, devil dog, socalsc4, solo, captain bone, GSTRANCE, INDOGRL, doublewhoosh, hameed, mezoom!). thanks for not leaking any info on my wheels until i post up this thread as a surprise to the CL community. i know it's hard, coz' i believe i screwed up couple of times on CL giving out hints of my new wheels, lol...

so here are more pics of the wheels and my cars... enjoy..

Last edited by rominl; 12-30-03 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-30-03, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

3" lip, big enough for me

2" lip in the front, not bad for a high disk setup!

this is kinda sad... keep in mind my rotors are 13.5", and now they look so tiny
Old 12-30-03, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Old 12-30-03, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Old 12-30-03, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

and knowing us the norcal group, we won't stop. we already have prepared some exciting stuff for you guys already, just stay tuned and more would come keep reading this thread for all the updates, trust me you won't regret

and in fact if you look into the pics closely, there are already hints of what's coming next
Old 12-30-03, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: My car is back! And the final finishing touch...

Originally posted by Neo
Yeah, I'd like to be able to do "little" finishing touches like you. Nice Job!
haha yeah, and it must be hard for you guys to keep quiet
Old 12-30-03, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by BR1AN
Glad to see the repair turned out well. When did you get HRE's??? Your GS is lookin' even sweeter with the 540R's now! BTW, nice job on the detailing.
haha yeah, actually i got it towards the end of november when my car was in the body shop. so it's been a month since i got them i think the gs4 is now going into the classy look route compared to the sporty route of the old volks
Old 12-30-03, 08:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Hameed
CONGRATULATIONS Rominl!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more with RMMGS4's comments about your so-called "little finishing touches". Like he said I would really like to see what you would do if your budget was not tight.

Now all that is left to finish out your car is to install a not so major mod as a Twin Turbo with beefed up tranny and engine. Maybe next month? Another tight budget project I would say!

Time to update your sig bro!!!
hah yeah damnit, i need to do another sig. but nah... maybe i will just wait until i finish the car? my gs4 is almost "done" already, the next would be to finish all the suspension stuff, no idea when that will happen though...
Old 12-30-03, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by lexforlife
henry

car looks like a show piece , man even on your shoestring budjet you amaze us still

question , the rear piece on the bumper , is that the jdm add on or by ugo
yeah except that now i am in deep financial trouble?

i have the full ugo body kits including the rear lip. it's actually 3 separate pieces in the back. the jdm rear lip is 1 piece i believe
Old 12-30-03, 08:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Rom, I had NO IDEA ur car was gone all this time!! I remember u posting the accident thread, but then u were quiet, so I forgot all about it!!

Hey since u have 20" wheels now, maybe change ur handle to "Hgot20s" eh??

Glad u got her back man! Enjoy and drive safe.
lmao, there you go, let me go ahead and change my sn yeah i have been very quiet since the accident coz' the car was in the shop for couple of weeks and i didn't really have any "exciting" to talk about -- well, not until i am ready to present real pics of my car
Old 12-30-03, 09:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Damn boy, you call some HREs as budget-minded little finishing touches!?!???! Jeez. Aren't we splurging this christmas!?!??!
that's already nothing compared to TWO v300 sitting side by side right?

Quick Reply: My car is back! And the final finishing touch...