GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My car is back! And the final finishing touch...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 09:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
Rom as always car looks amazing....love the small touches ....tight budget my a$$... ....
remember what we talked about by the end of summer?
Old 12-30-03, 09:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by whitels
I'm in awe

My GS needs a godfather and I have chosen you

So, did you feel the L-tuned steering ECU difference? I also replaced mine but the effect that I feel is very subtle, at best.
haha man, i am just trying to do my best yes i felt difference with the ecu, mainly at freeway high speed, lots less play in the steering wheel and it's tighter. i was surprised too (as you can see i didn't get the mod for the longest time), but i heard people say that the more suspension stuff you got on the car the more it helps
Old 12-30-03, 09:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Henry what did you do with your OLD wheels?

Very sweet ride you have there BTW.. Did you ever think of molding the UGO kit into your car.. Not that it looks bad the way it is but I think it would look even better molded into the body.. Just a thought..
i sold my old volks already, timing was just perfect which i am very glad about

yeah i DID thought about molding in the body kits specially my car was in the shop. but then i don't want to tie myself down and make it so hard to sell the car (and part it out) later down the road, that's why i haven't done that. who knows, maybe another finishing touch? lol
Old 12-30-03, 09:12 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
lmao, there you go, let me go ahead and change my sn yeah i have been very quiet since the accident coz' the car was in the shop for couple of weeks and i didn't really have any "exciting" to talk about -- well, not until i am ready to present real pics of my car
Hey man thats cool, just glad the body work came out correct! Enjoy the ride!
Old 12-30-03, 09:39 AM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NICE BUDGET PROJECT

MAN,
What a difference a FEW dollars make...HA! Man if I had your BUDGET, I'd throw my REAL cash away. That is a heck of a good job guy!

You are right...It has been raining up here all week so far. I live in Vallejo, and the weather is none too friendly this week yet. I drove up from San Diego on the 22nd, and will go back on the 4th, but I am disappointed at the weather up here this trip.

Congratulations on the car, and the wedding. Let me know when you will be doing the BIG stuff. I wanna shop with you, man!
Old 12-30-03, 10:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats Henry, I wasn't aware of your mishap back in September until I see this thread. Your car looks great now,and nice wheels.
Old 12-30-03, 10:05 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yowza! Have to say your car looks a lot better during the day without the darn rain. And I'm starting to warm up to those HRE's.
Old 12-30-03, 10:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey man thats cool, just glad the body work came out correct! Enjoy the ride!
yeah the body shop did a great job on color matching, they are good for that which i like. but just like other body shop, they always miss something here and there. knowing how picky i am on the details, they were definitely not that happy towards the end i guess

i forgot to say, the ride is awesome! in fact it's so much softer than my 19s coz' the perelli is soft. i love it man
Old 12-30-03, 10:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: NICE BUDGET PROJECT

Originally posted by gserep1
MAN,
What a difference a FEW dollars make...HA! Man if I had your BUDGET, I'd throw my REAL cash away. That is a heck of a good job guy!

You are right...It has been raining up here all week so far. I live in Vallejo, and the weather is none too friendly this week yet. I drove up from San Diego on the 22nd, and will go back on the 4th, but I am disappointed at the weather up here this trip.

Congratulations on the car, and the wedding. Let me know when you will be doing the BIG stuff. I wanna shop with you, man!

well it's just a matter of time. you don't know how much i have been wanting the wheels for, that's definitely a lot of savings right there hopefully after the new year weather would be clearing up after these wheels my gs4 would be done for a while, but of course i keep everyone posted
Old 12-30-03, 10:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by SexySC
Congrats Henry, I wasn't aware of your mishap back in September until I see this thread. Your car looks great now,and nice wheels.
yeah i wanted to tell you about the wheels to give you more confidence but i just couldn't. but i am sure everything is going fine, right?
Old 12-30-03, 10:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by redgs4
Yowza! Have to say your car looks a lot better during the day without the darn rain. And I'm starting to warm up to those HRE's.
uhoh, here we go. i don't mind seeing more hres in norcal but yeah, rain sux. it sux even more when you come to clean the car. damn the mesh wheels took me at lesat twice the time to clean...
Old 12-30-03, 11:19 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Henry (See fu)

Can I be your apprentice? LOL!!

Looks great!! Nice and shiny too. Need to wear .

Kung Hee Fat Choy!!

Pete
Old 12-30-03, 11:48 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Much love Henry..... Your car looks great. Last time I saw your car it looked like you gave it a mud bath. She cleans up beautiful...
Old 12-30-03, 11:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by PHML
Henry (See fu)

Can I be your apprentice? LOL!!

Looks great!! Nice and shiny too. Need to wear .

Kung Hee Fat Choy!!

Pete
haha, kung hey fat choy, dai ga gum wa

thanks for the compliments bro. and fyi i am just a worker in the factory, how on earth would i be able to pay you
Old 12-30-03, 11:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Much love Henry..... Your car looks great. Last time I saw your car it looked like you gave it a mud bath. She cleans up beautiful...
haha you caught it at a very bad moment bro but yes it took us a long time to detail the car. we (2 people) spent 7 hours to detail the whole interior, and then another 7 hours the next day to detail the exterior. not to mention the 7-8 hours i spent on installing my xpel kit but it's all good

Quick Reply: My car is back! And the final finishing touch...