GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alright, lets here some opinions on colors.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-04, 01:30 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Alright, lets here some opinions on colors.

Alright, now that I am definitely keeping my GS, I am seriously considering getting it painted a different color. Lets here some opinions for some cool colors. I think the car looks great in black...but damn its a pain in the *** to keep the swirls out of it. I think I would like to get it painted a non factory color, just to set it off from the others out there...but I dont think the GS can pull off anything to extreme. Throw out any thoughts or input you might have.
Old 01-04-04, 01:40 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have become a big fan of metallic graphite or gunmetal. It has a nice deepness and luster with less of the swirl issue.

-Anthony
Old 01-04-04, 01:57 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Yeah, something along those lines have been on my list as well. the Viper GTS has a nice gunmetal color available.
Old 01-04-04, 02:12 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Yeah, something along those lines have been on my list as well. the Viper GTS has a nice gunmetal color available.
That is a colour I would choose.
Old 01-04-04, 02:19 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Ditto. Nice dark silver/metallic gunmetal. Different and classy.
Old 01-04-04, 03:17 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Something like this?

Old 01-04-04, 04:36 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote would also be for a metalic graphite. As for the GS handling unusual colors, take a closer look at airtrackk's. Not a color I would have picked to start but it looks really good on the car.
Old 01-04-04, 04:45 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i am about to paint my car 50th anniversary corvette grey metallic. take a look i thinkk it will look good.
Old 01-04-04, 05:28 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I've always been a fan of dark candy colors, too bad a guy just joined with a candy red GS!

If you do the gunmetal, wont it be kinda close to the Sportdesign charlcoal?

I think black suits the mods/demeanor of your car perfectly! Maybe you should tackle the custom interior before deciding on the color change to buy yourself some time!
Old 01-04-04, 05:42 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

graphite

Old 01-04-04, 06:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

spectra blue mica!!!!!!!!!

ok, j/k. graphite is good, but i have seen too many graphite these days. it's just like when silver first came out back in 97-98. how about some dark blue (i forgot the name) that looks like black during the night but blue during the day?
Old 01-04-04, 07:05 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

I'd check out the new 2004 car models and see if their was a color that caught my eye! I as well really like Airrtrack's copper color which happens to be similar to that bieng used on some newer model Nissan's.

Remember ..................what's in today is out tomorrow!

Good Luck!

DT

Last edited by Downtown; 01-04-04 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-04-04, 07:19 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

what's in today is out tomorrow
I wouldnt go with anything that is a "trendy" color...it would be a variation of the classic colors that dont go out of stytle.

D...I agree that the black does suit my car with the mods that I have, ie. the kit.....I have seriously been thinking of a black with a twist. Maybe the Carbon Black that BMW has, its black that has a blue tinit to it in certain light. Maybe a real real dark blue that appears black sometimes and blue others. Maybe a black with blue pearl...if there is such a thing.

I know the guy with the Candy Apple Red GS got me thinking of the Candy colors. The problem with the Candy colors is making sure the painter knows how to apply it. If candy colors are not applied perfectly even you get shaded spots in the paint...its a difficult mix to master, but it looks great when it is.
Old 01-04-04, 07:30 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
I wouldnt go with anything that is a "trendy" color...it would be a variation of the classic colors that dont go out of stytle.

D...I agree that the black does suit my car with the mods that I have, ie. the kit.....I have seriously been thinking of a black with a twist. Maybe the Carbon Black that BMW has, its black that has a blue tinit to it in certain light. Maybe a real real dark blue that appears black sometimes and blue others. Maybe a black with blue pearl...if there is such a thing.

I know the guy with the Candy Apple Red GS got me thinking of the Candy colors. The problem with the Candy colors is making sure the painter knows how to apply it. If candy colors are not applied perfectly even you get shaded spots in the paint...its a difficult mix to master, but it looks great when it is.
Yeah man, I think Toyota has a Solara color thats a REALLY dark blue, looks black until the light hits it. Even with the Candy, for the most part, if you stay DARK you will be in style for a LONG time, if you think of trendy colors, they tend to be bright! (yellows, greens, whatever)

IMO the Veiside front bumper has alot of style lines that look better in darker colors that allow it to be aggresive and still blend in!
Old 01-04-04, 07:49 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I agree, the VS kit does look better on dark colored cars. I have had people tell me that a bunch of times. It kind of plays it down just enough.

Quick Reply: Alright, lets here some opinions on colors.