GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: If there was a group buy on Doorlock Actuators, would you participate?
Yes, I need to replace that part
57.35%
NOPE, dont have that problem
42.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Who is interested in a G/B on Doorlock Actuators?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 08:52 AM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Door Actuators

DANG,
I KNEW one actuator fitting all doors would be too good to be true. So I guess it is back to buying just what I need and hoping for the best. I would still be in favor of a group buy.

THANKS
Old 12-29-04, 09:20 AM
rmk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually have to hit LOCK like 3-4 times before my driver's door locks. I guess I should hop in on this, huh?
Old 12-29-04, 08:23 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, I started this therad a VERY long time ago!! Since there are now 16 members that said yes, I will contact Carson and see if something can be worked out regarding reduced pricing.

-Derrick
Old 12-29-04, 08:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by rmk
I usually have to hit LOCK like 3-4 times before my driver's door locks. I guess I should hop in on this, huh?
i think that's a good indication?
Old 12-29-04, 09:00 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

When I lock my driver's side door, the plastic lock latch doesn't completely close. The door locks, but I can still manually move the plastic lock latch a bit over. Is this a door actuator problem or something with the calibration? If it's the actuator, I might be interested in the group buy at the right price.

e-man
Old 12-29-04, 09:07 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e-man
When I lock my driver's side door, the plastic lock latch doesn't completely close. The door locks, but I can still manually move the plastic lock latch a bit over. Is this a door actuator problem or something with the calibration? If it's the actuator, I might be interested in the group buy at the right price.

e-man
Okay I had this happen and they were able to fix it at Lexus.without replacing parts.
Old 12-29-04, 09:12 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Thanks, Morris. I think I may have read about your situation (maybe it was even in this thread). It's not a problem yet because the door still locks, but it could become a problem if the latch doesn't move over enough. I'll call my dealer and see if they can explain to me how to correct the situation.

e-man
Old 12-29-04, 09:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

e-man
no this has nothing to do with it. if you take off the door panel, you will notice that the lock latch is held on with a cable. depending on how you clip the cable (it has a lot of threads for locking), you might get a bit loose feel). if you are inclined enough you can always take off the panel and adjust it
Old 12-29-04, 09:18 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Thanks, Rominl. As I recall, there are actually two cables running into the lock mechanism. Would I need to adjust both? Also, how easy is it to adjust the clips? Is it just a matter of loosening the clip, sliding the cable or cables over and then tightening the clip?

e-man
Old 12-29-04, 09:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thanks, Rominl. As I recall, there are actually two cables running into the lock mechanism. Would I need to adjust both? Also, how easy is it to adjust the clips? Is it just a matter of loosening the clip, sliding the cable or cables over and then tightening the clip?

e-man
there are two cables, one for the lock and one for the door handle. the door handle one is white, and you can only lock it on one location

but the one for the lock, it's black, and if you look at it closely, you see a lot of treads on the black clip. you lock one of the tread to the door panel. depending on which tread you use. if you do one extreme, the door will lock but the lock latch very loose. if you do the other extreme, maybe you won't get the door locked. you just have to test and trial

if you take out the door panel again, i am sure you can figure out what i am talking about
Old 12-29-04, 09:45 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Thanks Rominl. Good explanation. I'll check it out the next time I'm in there.
Old 12-30-04, 07:23 AM
durightman
Driver School Candidate

OK ....Let me know if this is door lock actuator problem or not.

I can lock and unlock my doors with the remote, but sometimes when I unlock the car doors all my windows roll down and my sunroof begins to open. I find this very annoying, but it doesn't happen all the time. Now when I put my key in the drivers side door yo try and lock or unlock the door, it doesn't work. My Passenger side door is fine, I can stick my key in and function door. What is the problem here?
Old 12-30-04, 10:41 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Ok guys, Steve just got to me with pricing for a 10person GB, I'm trying to get better numbers for 20.

Will update.
Old 12-30-04, 11:04 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Add me to the list Derrick....I got 1 that needs replacing...

D
Old 12-30-04, 12:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

UPDATE: NEED TO ESTABLISH COMMITMENT REGARDING G/B

Hey Guys, since I initially started this thread, I did the ground work and worked out some numbers to help you guys.

This pricing is set at a 10 person minimum, so thats what I need to update for Steve. For ease of viewing and tracking, I am just going compile the list here and allow Steve to view. Once we have 10 confirmed orders, I will get the green light for you to rev up your credit cards and call Carson Toyota.

The standard price for these items are 245.00shipped

THE GB PRICE IS $180.00 SHIPPED

CONFIRMED MEMBERS

1. Dagr8tsthustla - Danny H

2. Ballin - 2 actuators

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 01-03-05 at 04:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Who is interested in a G/B on Doorlock Actuators?