GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: If there was a group buy on Doorlock Actuators, would you participate?
Yes, I need to replace that part
57.35%
NOPE, dont have that problem
42.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Who is interested in a G/B on Doorlock Actuators?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-04, 12:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is interested in a G/B on Doorlock Actuators?

I never knew this was a common problem for the GS (seems to be really prevalent among 98-99s), but one of my door locks is getting lazy (have to push the button 2-3 times to get pass door to lock/unlock). I have spoken to about 3-4 people that have the same problem in passing.

I PM'd Steve Ganz regarding a G/B and he asked me who was interested, so please vote on this thread, and I will have Steve review it and let me know if a G/B is feasible or not.

EDIT-Just figured I would add this as info, the part is 198.00 shipped from Carson, so if there is enough intrest, perhaps we can get a better price!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 01-20-04 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-14-04, 02:24 PM
I Love GS4
Driver

I have that exact same problem. I will walk up to my car and pres unlock twice. It will beep twice, I jump in and all the passengers are standing out in the rain still. Kinda funny for me, but still it is a Lexus and it shouldn't be doin that.

-Chris
Old 01-15-04, 11:13 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i could use one aswell 4 my front pass. door...
Old 01-15-04, 04:59 PM
Jackco711
Pole Position

Yep pass door. Same here.
Old 01-18-04, 06:35 AM
BLW
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's Door

Would buy this part and maybe a spare if you get the price reasonable. It is amazing how high Lexus has priced this part compared to other manufacturers.

My driver's door actuator failed about 4 weeks ago, without any warning .
Old 01-18-04, 11:12 PM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by I Love GS4
I have that exact same problem. I will walk up to my car and pres unlock twice. It will beep twice, I jump in and all the passengers are standing out in the rain still. Kinda funny for me, but still it is a Lexus and it shouldn't be doin that.

-Chris
Have far apart do you press the UNLOCK button? You should press it firmly twice as you mentioned, but space them about 0.5 seconds apart. The car should do this: first press of UNLOCK, "beep-beep" (to signify "un"-"lock" in 2 syllables--FYI, "lock" is a single syllable, hece 1 beep) to only unlock the driver's door, then after second UNLOCK button press, another set of "beep-beep", and all of the passengers doors should unlock. Sometimes weak remote batteries don't allow the 2nd press to get transmitted, so try the next suggestion tf the 2 fast sequential UNLOCK remote presses don't work.

To do another test w/o depending on the remote, I would manually put the key into the driver's side door, and sequentially turn it to the right twice to unlock it (i.e. insert key into the door keyhole, twist it clockwise about 90 degrees (driver's door should open), return it to the central neutral position, then (within 0.3 seconds) twist it clockwise 90 degrees again. If this unlocks all of your doors, then your actuators are working, if not, then looks like you really need those actuators.

Good luck.

Last edited by SeattleGS400; 01-18-04 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-19-04, 07:56 PM
FILIPE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines too, front passenger actuator. Let me know if anything happens w/ this
Old 01-20-04, 07:59 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Well my lock works(right rear door), but the reading light and dome light don't come on when it's opened. I was told it was the door lock actuator. Something about the light switch built in with the whole assembly......Would a new door lock actuator be what I need?? If so, I'm definitely interested in one.
Old 03-27-04, 12:37 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Anything happen about this, my passenger front door actuator is giving out on me, westside lexus qouted me 292 for the actuator and 200 for labor!!!
Old 03-27-04, 12:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Sorry bud, I dont think 6 people can get us in on a G/B, Steve quoted me something like 189 for the part, maybe you can have a local mechanic (maybe JPI) install it for you!
Old 03-27-04, 01:00 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmmm....maybe ill just try it myself, I hate being in houston, wish i was in dallas where JPI could take care of me
Old 06-04-04, 08:42 AM
I Love GS4
Driver

Originally posted by SeattleGS400
Have far apart do you press the UNLOCK button? You should press it firmly twice as you mentioned, but space them about 0.5 seconds apart. The car should do this: first press of UNLOCK, "beep-beep" (to signify "un"-"lock" in 2 syllables--FYI, "lock" is a single syllable, hece 1 beep) to only unlock the driver's door, then after second UNLOCK button press, another set of "beep-beep", and all of the passengers doors should unlock. Sometimes weak remote batteries don't allow the 2nd press to get transmitted, so try the next suggestion tf the 2 fast sequential UNLOCK remote presses don't work.

To do another test w/o depending on the remote, I would manually put the key into the driver's side door, and sequentially turn it to the right twice to unlock it (i.e. insert key into the door keyhole, twist it clockwise about 90 degrees (driver's door should open), return it to the central neutral position, then (within 0.3 seconds) twist it clockwise 90 degrees again. If this unlocks all of your doors, then your actuators are working, if not, then looks like you really need those actuators.

Good luck.
I really need the acuators. I have tried everything mentioned. Gotta reach over and unlock the passenger manually by hand (I guess that was redundant ). Pushing the button on the door doesn't do it, or on the key. Now my drivers door is doin this. My Lexus is no better than my 1973 Porsche, but there was no power locks back then! I am still very interested in this GB. Chime in people. D Got 20's, maybe people on here who are having this problem don't know it is called the acuator. If you started a new thread, with a differnt title (i.e. Poll: Doors not unlocking always with your remote? Come in for fix) Sumthin like that, maybe we can get more people interested in the GB. Thanks for heading this up too BTW, if we do get some interest it will be awesome!

-Chris
Old 06-04-04, 02:05 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I hear ya man, but I think we need more intrest, perhaps a moderator could change the title of this thread for increased "view traffic"
Old 06-04-04, 02:20 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Damn D I just spent $948.00 at the dealer on getting 2 doors done I could have used that money on something better.
Old 06-04-04, 03:06 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

think my driver side door needs to be replaced... was standing next to my car pressing lock and it wouldnt lock .... as i watched the 3 other doors locking... but DaYaM !!!! 200 bucks ...

Quick Reply: Who is interested in a G/B on Doorlock Actuators?