GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

i think the curse has hit me

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-04, 10:39 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sup juan....

hehe.. but if the median wasnt there, i would have hit and probably killed people in 3 cars. I went straight for the median at probably between 15-25mph.

chu,

it happened at the yona/mangilao intersection. I was coming up from yona making a right turn into mangilao to go home but instead, went straight.... into the median. the median was unscathed. my tires and rims are a different story... the tow company bent my radiator support and bumper. hopefully, everything can be fixed. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... i am so disappointed in myself. I should have known better. i feel like screaming.

~manny
Old 01-17-04, 10:52 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,441 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Very sorry to hear about what happened. That's at least the second serious accident on CL caused by falling asleep. Guys, ya gotta get sleep!

Anyway, manny, as ya said, it's just a car. Worst thing that could happen is you sell the GS, buy a riced up Civic and whiz around that island.
Old 01-17-04, 10:53 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that man.
Hope all works our for the best and keep us posted.
Old 01-17-04, 11:06 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

guys.....

i have a thought... is there any way to bring in a used aristo V300 from Japan into the US and use the parts off of my GS to convert it to LHD? that might be my next project if it is doable.... I'd really want to see if i can get this done.... any ideas? geez, i'm real bummed still... but well, I just got a new job. getting a second one (that wont help with the sleeping thing)... and will be able to buy a new car pretty soon. I'd like to get a new SC... either that or an LS. The Audi A8 is another choice... or maybe I might even wait for the BMW 4 series in 2006. And Chu, whenever you are selling your GS, I want first dibs at it k my friend? heheh. WITH ALLL THE MODS ON IT! gimme a good price. well anyway, thanks a lot for your concerns. again, i really appreciate it so much... u just dont know. I cant even express it.

~manny
Old 01-17-04, 01:12 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Manny:

In regards to V300, Xaiver (Lexus Master Tech) already has brought in one from Japan. He is doing low 13s on 1/4 mile and having too much traction problem even with his wide tires. You may want to talk to him regarding the conversion. I would think it will be too expensive.

My car will be on sell probably by Dec. 2004 or a month before the actual release of the 2006 GS. I am holding off doing more mods for the current GS. I will keep both you and Juan in mind when I am ready to sell.

Chu...

Last edited by ChuH; 01-17-04 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-17-04, 07:48 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

chu,

how did xav get his car in here with the japan right hand drive.... i've seen it at lexus. its nice! i want to get in a black one. I dont know... i still am really bummed about my car. but hei.... seriously, let me know about u'r car. I'll be savin up some to get it. I really love the look of your car... and would be honored to inherit it when/if you get the new G. well, take care.

~manny
Old 01-17-04, 09:55 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like the median saved you big time!! So what's up with the car? Is it not fixable or something since you are trying to get another one?

As for a new car, you can probably score Chu's own then, I've been dropping way too much money on my ES... Importing cars.. Try www.bafta.com or www.komei-trading.com for used cars.

I've seen that V300 run.. It's FAST! I wish I had broadband so I can upload the video I have of it smoking the sad, sad, sad Skyline.
Old 01-17-04, 10:31 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

whoa... the great big huge lunky gs (aka V300) smoked a small skyline??? are you serious? Can we really import the cars from japan here to GUam? I really want one.
According to Darryl, the damage is pretty extensive but is fixable... gonna cost me around 5-6k. It's going to come out of my pocket. That's why I was thinking of just buying Chu's GS4 instead of dropping the money on the car. I'll still keep the GS3, but will fix it later. I dont know. we'll see what happens... my parents are really pissed at me. I cant even go home to face them right now.

~manny
Old 01-18-04, 04:05 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Yup, the one he smoked was an R33 GT-S, rear wheel drive powered, so it was pretty slow.

As for your GS, you might as well just save your money and fix it instead of getting another car? You can probably just fix the GS, fix whatever you need to do with the body, get some rims, some ice, and you got yourself a show winner!

As for importing, it's doable. Haven't you noticed an increase in the RHD's running around on the roads? MR2's, Silvias, RX-7's, Skylines.... the V300, etc. There's some guy named Yoshi Hishikawa who's been selling a bunch of them. I'll see if I can get you a phone number if you are serious about importing one.

And the parents.....haha, I know what you mean. I've been in deep doodoo a few times and I'm only 19. They'll understand sooner or later that you're a hardworking son who was just trying to earn a couple of more bucks @ that swing job.
Old 01-18-04, 03:13 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

hei juan, are these right hand imports used or new? I heard that they are only for show and cant be driven around as daily drivers?

My dad wants to sell the car already but I want them to keep it...I just wont drive it. It's sort of bad luck for me. Actually, i think if I wasnt driving that car, the accident would have been a lot worse. I really wish this thing would just have never happened.
Old 01-18-04, 07:45 PM
juan01
Pole Position

**** happens sometimes, what can we do? How about that guy who hit and killed someone at the flea market the other day?

Hey I'm pretty sure the RHD's are used.. I'm not entirely sure if the cars can be daily driven or not... Your best bet would be to stick with the GS.. Just throw some more cash up at Daryl and tell him to go crazy on it. lmao.. Or Chu's GS. Saw it at the UIU building today.. It's hot!! Good luck man.
Old 01-18-04, 10:49 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

yea thats sad re: the driver who killed someone at the fleamarket. That's the second death at that place in less than a year. Did someone **** off a taotaomona or suruhanu or something? As for my car, i am so confused as to what to do. I'm pretty sure the frame was damaged with the accident. (not sure yet, darryl hasnt called me up yet). He assures me that even if the frame is at all damaged, that the car will still drive like it was new after he is done with it. I saw his GS... He said that that one had worse damage than mine before and I rode in it and it felt fine. Well, maybe I will take his word for it. If I do keep the car, it's time for new rims, L-tuned suspension, new paint (either back to white...or a maroonish red), and maybe an SRT turbo.
Old 01-18-04, 11:29 PM
juan01
Pole Position

That's the way to think!! Optimistic.. lol. those guys at the shop are good. I'm sure Daryl will give you a good price, he's too nice about things. I hear Joyce steals all his money though.......lmfao.
Old 01-18-04, 11:47 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

hehe... 5,000-6000. not including repainting, and damaged tires/rims.
Old 01-19-04, 02:37 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Okay, that's gonna be alot then. Just fix it, paint, and new rims. 11 grand all together? I don't know how you deal with your money, so it's your call. I'm assuming you're rich though.

Quick Reply: i think the curse has hit me