GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

the toys are here

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-04, 08:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Talking the toys are here

Install soon (with Tein Flex)...
Attached Thumbnails the toys are here-img_0140-2.jpg  
Old 02-06-04, 08:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Old 02-06-04, 08:40 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does the Apex-i have a harness that plugs in or do you have to cut and solder like the SRT ECU?
Old 02-06-04, 08:59 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice toys, and I am sure I just missed it in the past but what intake do you have if any?
Old 02-06-04, 09:03 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Bit has the k and n intake if i remember correctly.
Old 02-06-04, 09:09 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh Yeah!!
Old 02-06-04, 09:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

phluid - yeah I've got the K&N FIPK2 intake. I love the sound. I think the SAFC-II should help match the air flow with the fuel, much like the SRT piggyback ECU does. I plan to get the SAFC-II 'tuned' at a local shop.

Switching subjects... anyone know how to get the ashtray out of the console? Not just the inner 'ashtray liner' that comes out of the retractable 'door', but I mean the whole thing? I think I want the SAFC-II display in the ashtray. Someone asked if it has a harness or just bare wires to solder in. A quick look in the box makes it look like it has both. ?? Also, ALL the instructions are in Japanese, so I plan to print the English manual online!

Finally, I'm wondering where to mount the EDFC 'box'. Only place I can think of it under the steering column. Only concern with that is it has vents in it and those might be blocked or directly in front of the steering column air vent which wouldn't be good if it's blowing hot air!

I know someone did that awesome install above the park brake but that looked like MAJOR work.
Old 02-06-04, 09:29 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

How about placing the edfc in the center armrest ? I remember someone on CL placed theirs there.
Old 02-06-04, 09:49 PM
lv2000
Lead Lap

to get out the ashtray alls you have to do is open it and pull it has clips holding it in place dont be scared to give it force i yanked mine out of my old gs300 and it popped right out and went back in no problems !!! there is a plugon the back of the ashtray just unplug that and its out !!!!
Old 02-06-04, 09:52 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Switching subjects... anyone know how to get the ashtray out of the console? Not just the inner 'ashtray liner' that comes out of the retractable 'door', but I mean the whole thing? I think I want the SAFC-II display in the ashtray. Someone asked if it has a harness or just bare wires to solder in. A quick look in the box makes it look like it has both. ?? Also, ALL the instructions are in Japanese, so I plan to print the English manual online!
I could be wrong here because it has been a while since I messed with it but I am almost positive that you can just pull the entire piece straight out, I think I had to put my keys in the ignition and move the shift **** back so that I had space to pull it out.. I think that behind the ashtray and the air vents above the radio which pulls out like the ash tray did are where the screws go that hold the radio in, that is what I was messing with when I pulled mine.. now It was probably 6 - 10 months ago when I played with it so I could be wrong but I am pretty confident on it..
Old 02-06-04, 10:05 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by phluid
I had to put my keys in the ignition and move the shift **** back so that I had space to pull it out.
This will help a lot.

Just get a little leverage and pull. There are 4 clips and they are in there pretty tight. It gets looser with each removal but the first one, you have to give it a little elbow grease. Like lv2000 said, there is a plug attached behind it though.
Old 02-06-04, 10:09 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bitkahuna
phluid - yeah I've got the K&N FIPK2 intake. I love the sound. I think the SAFC-II should help match the air flow with the fuel, much like the SRT piggyback ECU does. I plan to get the SAFC-II 'tuned' at a local shop.

I know someone did that awesome install above the park brake but that looked like MAJOR work.
Cool! I have my SAFCII sitting in the garage waiting for the headers, but if you get good results with just the K&N and exhaust that will force me to get off my butt and get it installed.

The EDFC above the parking brake was RMMGS4, I think. He always does nice work.
Old 02-06-04, 10:14 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cool toys, congrats man....i'm sure i will use them 2 the max of fun...
Old 02-06-04, 10:54 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Options, Options, Options

Bit,
you might wanna consider mounting under the steering column like you described and then leave enough slack in the wire so that you can move it above the brake lever, given that there is a remote possibility that I might sell knock offs of my bezel in the distant future. Neo has mounted his EDFC in this fashion, as he is first in line for one of my knock offs.

The problem (as you may guess) is that I am swamped with several projects.

PS - which do you want done first, the EDFC bezel release or the IS 300 pedal conversion?

I am working on the latter as we speak.
Attached Thumbnails the toys are here-close-up.jpg  

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-06-04 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-06-04, 11:07 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Nice nice nice! Please lemme drive

Selling L-Tuned?

Quick Reply: the toys are here