GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus Driving school Going or not going

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-04, 11:34 AM
Lvangundy

Debating...Debating...

argg $500!!
Old 02-13-04, 12:07 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Friday availability + NorCal Update

As of this post, there are 38 spots still available. I am guessing those slots could be filled within the next few days.

NorCal group status:

Jawnthen & I will make our decision tonight and sign up no later than tomorrow.

Red gs4 is TBD for Friday
Rominl is TBD for Friday.

Sorry Charles, since I know Thursday worked better for you. Let us know if you can swing Friday though.

One note, I believe the classes are broken up into 6 groups for each day. Once we know all the CL members that are taking the class, we should coordinate to try to get us all together in one class.

Lee, go for it man ! This is gonna be fun.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-13-04 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-13-04, 12:44 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If I know for sure that a bunch of you guys are going it would make it that much easier to decide based on the fun-factor...nothing like competing against friends Also, Friday looks like the day to go...
Old 02-13-04, 12:47 PM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by KVA
If I know for sure that a bunch of you guys are going it would make it that much easier to decide based on the fun-factor...nothing like competing against friends Also, Friday looks like the day to go...
Yup, That's the whole idea !

GO! Lee GO!
Old 02-13-04, 12:48 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lvangundy
Debating...Debating...

argg $500!!
I am also thinking $500 bucks !!!! You know what I can get for that...then I think about the fact that I would probably spend it anyway on what I want...and how many of us really have a chance to do this kind of stuff anyway? Question is...will the experience be worth $500? Let's be honest...it's a lot of money for a day, but then again it is also a drop in the bucket at the end of the year...just look at your taxes to be reminded!
Old 02-13-04, 06:49 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth IT??? HECK YES

KVA and the group
Its so worth it to drive brand new lexi too the max and then just jump into yours and know what you car is able to do if you should ever need it or need to be across town in 5 minutes.

Well I wish you all the most fun and be safe because the only way I was going again was in a large group but Friday is a little too hard but you never know I might show up I might not .

good luck and let me know

RMMGS4 I have all the parts for the other mod we have been working on
Old 02-13-04, 07:01 PM
ivesGS400
Lexus Test Driver

I did this last year and it was worth every penny. Started off the day spinning out brand new LS430's on a watered down skidpad. They want to teach you the limits of traction and how to turn out of skid, etc. Then it was a breaking excercise. I can't remember if these were GS or IS's but basically you get up to line, floor it, then slam on breaks when you cross a line on the pavement. I couldn't believe how quickly these cars stopped because I had never stepped on the brakes that hard. Then there was an autocross where everyone got 2 laps around a course in an IS ( took 2nd place!) Then a team autocross where groups of around 20 did a similar course in a new GS and they added all your times together. Then it was lunch. A few more of these smaller classes and then they set you loose doing laps around the Speedway. That was worth the price by itself. And you do these laps with the instruction of professional race car drivers and instructors sitting right next to you. Alot of money yes, but definitely worth it if you can gather up the cash!
Old 02-15-04, 11:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man you guys only make me feel worse and worse now @_@ wife vs speedway @_@
Old 02-15-04, 12:58 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

So....who is in for Friday?
Old 02-16-04, 09:12 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Default OH GOD!

You know whats funny...when i was living in NY last year I though t i would definately go if I had a chance...and now i live literally MINUTES!!! away from CALIFORNIA MOTOR SPEEDWAY and i wana GO SOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!

I can easily afford it but have recently spent some mullah on other stuff and I am not ready to spend $500....also for the ppl who went last yr...I understand I pay $500 for ME but can you bring someone else with you (MY WIFE!) just to HANG OUT with you???

Oh man i want to go SOO bad!

Peace.
Old 02-17-04, 07:41 AM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default hanging out??

I would call the people bhind the school and ask the worst they could say is no. Also if my wife had the time I would pay and let her go to. Its more than just a high speed driving school it also teaches you things that a normal and safe driver should know. $1000 is a new front spoiler but knowing that your wife KNOWS how to drive is priceless.

chaskim
Old 02-17-04, 08:59 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

I'm in for Friday...anyone else going?
Old 02-21-04, 10:19 AM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default THURSDAY

OK
I'm in for Thursday

See you guys there

CHASKIM
Old 02-21-04, 10:24 AM
RMMGS4

OK, I'm in for Thursday.

Since Jawnthen had to cancel at the last minute, this caused me to change my plans, which explains my late response.

KVA, sorry for switching from Friday. If you wanna change to Thursday, I'm sure they can do it.

Last day to cancel reservations is this Monday.
Old 02-22-04, 09:21 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

I can only do Friday...oh well? Looks like sloppy seconds on the cars Have fun and let us know what you thought!

Quick Reply: Lexus Driving school Going or not going