GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

just received my "l-sportline roofspoiler', I think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-04, 09:33 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy just received my "l-sportline roofspoiler', I think?

HELP! I got my l-sportline roof spoiler in the mail today!! I quickly opened the package and 1. I found no mounting instructions. 2. The roof spoiler looks old(black) used and is scuffed. 3. I test fitted it, and It seems a little but to long. Is the roof spoiler supposed to bend downward when actually installing, maybe that would make it just the right length????!!! PLEASE HELP, my first response of this spoiler was: is this an actual l-sportline roof spoiler??? or what. The box does not say l-sportline at all on it, although underneath the spoiler is does say it though. The box says "DAZZ" what ever that means. I got it from Carson Toyota. please help.
Old 02-16-04, 10:05 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

DAZZ is www.racinghart.com
Old 02-16-04, 10:23 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. DAZZ is the distributor for L-Sportline. 2. If you got it from Carson Toyota, then it's real. 3. If it's underneath the spoiler, then you have nothing to worry about. It's the stuff that you see on ebay that says "L-Sportline" but doesn't have it anywhere stamped on the spoiler. 4. The roof spoiler is Urethane which means that the bodyshop may have to prep it before paint and install. I believe the RMM grilles come that way too. Make sure the 3M tape looks good. Test fit the piece before paint. It's always possible that you got a bad piece that doesn't fit right. You may have to slightly adjust the roof spoiler when installing to make it fit... Good luck..
Old 02-16-04, 10:24 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

I dont believe it is Dazz type company, because it says L-sportline 98-00 moulded into the spoiler, underneath.? Should I have a shop test fit, instead of myself? Seems like the left side is a crappy fitment? What should I do?
Old 02-16-04, 10:34 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

are you mounting it to the roof or the glass? I may be wrong but I believe you mount the L-Sportline to the glass. Do a "L-Sportline" search on the forums to get more info. Several other members here have the spoiler. I have the UGO so I'm not positive on the mounting instructions. It's a simple install you should be a able to do it yourself...no need for a bodyshop.
Old 02-16-04, 10:40 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

here's a close up pic to help you out...
Attached Thumbnails just received my "l-sportline roofspoiler', I think?-gs-20upper-20wing.jpg  
Old 02-16-04, 11:42 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Im mounting on the glass. Seems like the straight edge against the side of the rear window is "wavy" on just the left side. It has not been painted yet, although its really rough and worn looking? what should I do?
Old 02-16-04, 11:44 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

It seems kind of hard to test fit it with just my self, I might need another person to tightly fit the other side while Im fitting the opposite side at the same time. but the one side is still uneven on the edge.
Old 02-17-04, 03:13 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: just received my "l-sportline roofspoiler', I think?

Originally posted by Lettuce
HELP! I got my l-sportline roof spoiler in the mail today!! I quickly opened the package and 1. I found no mounting instructions. 2. The roof spoiler looks old(black) used and is scuffed. 3. I test fitted it, and It seems a little but to long. Is the roof spoiler supposed to bend downward when actually installing, maybe that would make it just the right length????!!! PLEASE HELP, my first response of this spoiler was: is this an actual l-sportline roof spoiler??? or what. The box does not say l-sportline at all on it, although underneath the spoiler is does say it though. The box says "DAZZ" what ever that means. I got it from Carson Toyota. please help.
The same thing happened to me here I hope this can help you out https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...x&pagenumber=3

Last edited by angelslex; 02-17-04 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-17-04, 05:49 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

You are going to have to do some minor cosmetic work to the spoiler to have it look / fit properly. I did not want to go through all of the hassles so I went with the UGO instead. Perfect fit and finish!
Old 02-17-04, 06:11 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Can you post a pic????? My Lsportline spoiler fits absolutely perfect so if I see it I may be able to help you.
Old 02-17-04, 07:59 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thats very weird i got mine from carson and it was sent painted and the finish was perfect and the fitment was perfect....
Old 02-17-04, 08:18 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have heard alot of people say that their L Sportline roof spoilers fit like *****, and I know from personal experience as well. I bought one from one of my suppliers, authentic L Sportline, and it was about a half inch too short on both sides. The finish(rough and black) is perfectly fine, it just needs prepped....but you cant do much with the fitment issue when its too short(in my case). Needless to say, I went with the UGO this time around.
Old 02-17-04, 08:20 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

would I be able to send it back? I dont have pics right now, someone stole my camera!! It's the left side that is really bad, Its very wavy on the straight edge and plus, I believe cosmetic surgery would only make it worse!
Old 02-17-04, 08:23 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Angelslex the pic that was in your link, mine is way worse than that fitment

Quick Reply: just received my "l-sportline roofspoiler', I think?