GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look at my 99 GS4...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-04, 10:20 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have a chrysler and I experienced their service. It sucks @ss. I think they give themselves those five star ratings. Matter of fact I know they do. Keep your chin up! Good luck. Might want to contact a lawyer, they seem to move a lot faster when they think you have one.
Old 02-17-04, 10:33 PM
LexFather

I thought lexcapade was a young lady.....

You need to offer the dealer the threeR's

1. Roof
2. Revolver
3. River
Old 02-18-04, 09:47 AM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I thought lexcapade was a young lady.....

You need to offer the dealer the threeR's
1. Roof
2. Revolver
3. River
Or the three B's
Better Business Bureau!

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 02-18-04 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-18-04, 09:51 AM
Lexls400
Driver

Well,

I'll tell you something right now.. If I bought a car and had it shipped to me and something like that happened, I would not accept the car and I would tell them to send the car back to the dealership.... then I would call the dealership and tell them I was sending their car back to them... and explain how it was mistreated during shipment to me..

-Joe
Old 02-18-04, 10:00 AM
lexcapade
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the support guys. It's funny you know, after I faxed over the sheet with the initial condition of the vehicle prior to shipping, the guy hasn't talked to me. I haven't tried calling him yet because I don't want to raise my voice on the phone here at work. I'll just have to wait till I get home.

I bought the car from a Chrysler dealer in the Chicago area. They are a 5-star dealer so I thought that something like this would not happen because I didn't think they would have such poor business practices. I have been proven wrong on that account. Is it kosher for me to post the name of the dealership? Or is that crossing the line? Maybe I should wait to see what happens, then decide whether to post their name or not? You guys have been on the boards a lot longer than I have, so input on this matter would be appreciated. Maybe I can keep our fellow CL brothers and their friends away from such a dealership.

Those pics I posted don't do the damage any justice. There are numerous more, but none that can be readily identifiable with flash photography. You have to see it to truly appreciate (maybe a bad choice of a word... hehe) it. If the damage is to be repainted, then I am 99% sure that the whole car will have to be resprayed to match, plus all the dents (including one the size of a large dinner plate in the middle of the hood toward the windshield) will have to be pulled, front/rear bumper replacement, spoiler replacement, etc.

Sorry for the rant. It's just a frustrating issue. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I was on my way to pick the car up. Then to see it in the condition that it is in was like getting de-pants in front 10000 people... It just sucks...
Old 02-18-04, 10:08 AM
lexcapade
Driver School Candidate

If it comes down to me returning the car and getting my money back (plus interest and pro-rated insurance charges), I'll have a brand new set of floor mats and a bonus cd-changer cartridge for sale...
Old 02-18-04, 10:24 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
Red face

Hi Lexcapade, I feel for you but personally If I were you I would give the car back especially if you are financing it. Contact the dealership general manager or ask for their general counsels ofice.There are many other GS400's out there so why subject yourself to one that is scratched up like this one. Not to mention painting a car affects the resale value in terms of originality, so I am against that. I would strongly give their car back to them and find myself a clean mint car.

Good Luck

Al
Old 02-18-04, 10:28 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Lex....do you have any lawyer friends?
Old 02-18-04, 12:17 PM
lexcapade
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. I have been much thought into giving the car back and whatnot. But I'm still investigating how much I'll lose and all other costs associated with that. I don't want this to cost me any money out of my pocket since I was totally misled... you know what I mean?

I'm not too concerned about reselling the car. I bought this car with all intentions of keeping it for as long as it will last me. So if they do respray the entire car, I'll be more than happy with that...

I do wish I had some lawyer friends. That would help out tremendously. Maybe you guys can help out? I know that we have a wide variety of professionals on these boards. Someone has to have a friend that could steer in the right direction and give me some professional guidance....
Old 02-18-04, 12:32 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts

Lexcapade, I dont see how you will lose any money. You are simply not accepting the car based on the fact that you have been misled by the dealer. Its very clear cut. As mentioned earlier if you financed the car I would notify the lender that their collaterol"car" has been misrepresented by a dealer and that you are returning the vehicle. Im not sure about the laws in your city but in Fl you have 48 hrs to return a vehicle after delivery if not up to par. The more time goes by the more diificult it is to pass blame. This is a serious matter and any reputable dealership will just pick up & take the car back to avoid the negative publicity.
Old 02-18-04, 01:22 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Send it back and find one close to home...or take a trip to So. Cal...there are lots to choose from here. Time is of the essense here...I would also hire an attorney to represent you...things will happen much quicker this way. You want someone with transactional/contract law experience, and since you bought it over the internet (did you?), you can take them to court in your state (AZ) at a huge cost to them. I would NOT settle for repainting the car...that will be a another ordeal for you.

Also send a copy of your complaint (CC to the state attorney general office (IL) as well as to all the other mentioned earlier...you will get a fast response this way...just have an attorney draft it for you...I did the same and got results immediately!
Old 02-18-04, 01:40 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Post Take it back!!!

lexcapade,
I too agree with KVA and alwilliams, go with their suggestions and take the Car back. You should not have to settle for repainting of the Car, as KVA stated it would be just another ordeal. Do not settle for less, you deserve better.
Good luck

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 02-18-04 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-18-04, 02:30 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

I would agree w/ the above ppl. I know its very very hard to give up the car u were really anticipating. But look at what arrived. That is very very bad. That dealership is terrible. Dont keep the car. Tell them to take it back and get ur money back.
Old 03-13-04, 08:22 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lexcapade

what happened with the dealership?
Old 03-13-04, 09:46 AM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

omg dude.
i didnt read all the posts yet, but jesus....those are some intenese scratches.
sorry about the dissapointment.

let us know what happens

Quick Reply: Look at my 99 GS4...