GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look at my 99 GS4...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-04, 10:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

You have the initial shipping inspection. You have e-mail showing the dealer claimed it only had one scratch/dent. You have photographs of what the car looked like when you got it.

What remedy are you actually seeking? It sounds like you want to keep the car, but what do you want?

If it were me I'd be at a lawyer immediately.
Old 03-13-04, 12:43 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am NOT a lawyer...

but i am in law school and you have all the leverage and the dealership has no legs to stand on they misrepresented themselves, tried to shift the blame to the shipper, and now is trying to avoid contact. Keep a phone log of how many times you called, get a notarized statement from the shipper (legally binding) that the car was in that condition when received, and contact the BBB NOW.

Now a story

I know how it is to want something so bad I was going to purchase a green "98 GS3 w/70k 4 22k from florida dealer on Ebay told everybody I had a Lex i loved that car but i couldn't get financing we tried everything all we could get was 23% the dealer told me don't worry something better will come along. So a month later I found a silver GS4 w/56K 4 19k in owinings Mills, maryland (15 mins from my house) my mother cosigned I went thru my credit union and financed 4 5.25%.

The Moral is... ****** a repaint get ya money man
Old 03-13-04, 07:08 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by EmeraldLexuSC3
Or the three B's
Better Business Bureau!
Sorry to burst your bubble..but the BBB has no power w/ this matter. Did you know that companies pay the BBB just to get the company name on the BBB list? Having the BBB symbol just makes your company seem more reputable.

I would take the car back and get my money back. If the dealership refuses, I'd just get a lawyer.

Last edited by rodel; 03-13-04 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-14-04, 12:01 PM
altaf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by alsilverbullet
Lexcapade, I dont see how you will lose any money. You are simply not accepting the car based on the fact that you have been misled by the dealer. Its very clear cut. As mentioned earlier if you financed the car I would notify the lender that their collaterol"car" has been misrepresented by a dealer and that you are returning the vehicle. Im not sure about the laws in your city but in Fl you have 48 hrs to return a vehicle after delivery if not up to par. The more time goes by the more diificult it is to pass blame. This is a serious matter and any reputable dealership will just pick up & take the car back to avoid the negative publicity.

Take silverbullet's advice. I would strongly suggest you don't keep this car - repainting is only covering up the damage. It appears that this GS has been severely neglected. Remember, what you are seeing is after the dealer has prepped the car for public sale. I can't even imagine the condition this GS was in when the dealer took it in . Anything less than returning the car and getting a reimbursement for ALL of your expenses is unacceptable.