GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone got that Veilside body kit copied by Erebuni?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-04, 02:19 PM
BLu_Gs3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone got that Veilside body kit copied by Erebuni?

I think its called "Style 27" . . Im on da verge of buying a body kit but i dunno which one to get. I dont wanna spend alot of money on it though. Just need something decent lookin for a decent price . .
Old 03-03-04, 02:26 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Anyone got that Veilside body kit copied by Erebuni?

Originally posted by BLu_Gs3
I think its called "Style 27" . . Im on da verge of buying a body kit but i dunno which one to get. I dont wanna spend alot of money on it though. Just need something decent lookin for a decent price . .
...And buying a knock off kit will only make you spend more money in the long run...

Either wait and save or don't buy at all and save yourself some headaches.

-Anthony
Old 03-03-04, 02:59 PM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta agree with capt...

its way more worth it to save up and get the real deal....VeilSides stuff is top notch...

or maybe try going with a lip body kit? those kits are affordable yet classy
Old 03-03-04, 03:07 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

they are both right, you get what you pay for so if you don't want all the hassle of replacing/repairing it then buy the real deal or stick with stock equip.. jmo
Old 03-03-04, 06:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

another vote here for no knock offs
Old 03-03-04, 07:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

here we go again .... if its in u'r price range and u trust the company and its test fitted than go 4 it..other wise stay away from it and save 4 a real one....good luck
Old 03-03-04, 07:06 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

I bought the genuine Veilside K1 because I saw the replica. The fitment was as bad as the cheap body kits for the sport compacts.

Last edited by MasterG; 03-03-04 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 09:25 PM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

i think my car is a solid case study for this subject

Kit: Real WIN skirts, real/fake WIN front, FAKEY WIN rear (dont ask)

Skirts are perfect, front is ok.....alittle gap at some spots
Rear bumper.....not so hot...buldges about 1/4 inch on both corners. ive learned to live with it.

BUUUTTTTTT

I dunno if you guys read my post a while ago, but my lex spoiler cracked at -5 degree weather here in MA. it was intense.

I wasnt about to go buy a stock or knockoff stock spoiler...obv wanted something "cooler" haha

So, veilside. I considered spending the $600ish for it...then was like HELL NO, its a WING!
so i got a copy, it was an "Invader" wing....i was scared at first. I payed like 240 shipped.

It came and its awesome. really strong fiberglass with GEL coat. very solid, no warping. its gonna require minimal prep....ive seen some horrible kits in the past (owned a 95 integra, and a 00 SI)

Sooooooo, i guess im undecided.
My body kit is ok....the rear bumper kinda sucks.
The wing was 1/3 cost of the original....but its great for the money. plus im having my body shop hack into it to mold in the stock LED assembly...so i feel better having it be a ~200 dollar investment instead of a ~600 dollar one

and before you guys ask, pics will be up early April...finally

I think getting a full eurubini knockoff for around $1000, vs like $4000 for the veilside.....say you have like 20 hours of prep not counting the reg paint and install.....still coming out at like half the price. not bad

oh yeah, and i almost forgot....paid like $280 for RMM grille....i look at it, i mean its cool and all, but ~300 for a tiny piece of plastic...i guess it is cool real awesome plastic tho....

Last edited by BostonGS4; 03-03-04 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-04-04, 06:00 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

here we go again .... if its in u'r price range and u trust the company and its test fitted than go 4 it..other wise stay away from it and save 4 a real one....good luck
A is right, if it is good fitment go for it, if it is bad fitment save for the real one. If I am correct the Lsportline kit doesn't fit good at first yet everybody including myself sweat that kit so I think people just get scared becaue it doesn't have an expensive named attached to it. I bought Katana Wheels and I love them, they look awesome, ya a little heavy but here in MA bending a 400 wheel as opposed to a 1500 wheel makes me feel much better.
Old 03-04-04, 06:33 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

The infamous real vs. knockoff demon rearing its ugly head again eh? there are lots of variables, taste, quality, fittiment, budget that play into this equation.

Do what suits you best bottom line, and whatever you choose, stand fast in your decision!
Old 03-04-04, 01:22 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

knock offs are not for me personally, but whatever floats your boat. Your going for reliability versus unreliability. There is also more to it than just fitment. Dont forget, not all fiberglass is the same grade, your also buying service. If something is defective with the copy, dont expect to get a replacement or assistance.

With wheels you are really taking a big risk. If you look under a microscope at the metal, you will see a lot of pits, which can be dangerous for daily driving conditions.
Old 03-04-04, 02:40 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

i'd rather see you get Poly Urethane than fiberglass.. my friend has a knock off Fiberglass front end on his E36 bmw.. and he regrets it.. it cracked in the first two weeks

J
Old 03-04-04, 02:56 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

its funny , but on the "real kIts" don't fit so perfect either.......l-sport. Ed had a little trouble with the rear, and a friend at my dealer has issues getting the front on...my rmm grill had issues aswell and i had a buddy get the front rmm and have issues aswell....a couple people had small issues with teh tte lip and l-sport roof spoiler, and some had issues with the real win front and real explosion front...kits r massed produced they will almost never fit perfect...
Old 03-04-04, 03:43 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

I can vouch for what Blu_GS3 said. I got the veilside body kit like over 2 years ago. They are never ever perfect fit like OEM bumpers and sides are. Like for me, everything fit, but the right side skirt was a bit harder to get on and honestly. If you don't have money, save money for when you can do it all right, cause i'm going to have to redo some of the stuff myself, although i got it painted and installed for cheap. It isn't the best job. I'm going to have to get some filler and stuff to repair all the stuff on them and to make it fit perfect with the body of the car and then get it painted. So wait until you have enough money for the authentic parts and for a good installation and paint job. Never cheap out, or else in the long run it'll cost more.
Old 03-04-04, 07:10 PM
BLu_Gs3
Driver

So how will i know if any kit out there is good? Imma have to buy every body kit out there 1st to judge which one is better? Im getting sick of thinking of body kits all of a sudden! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Quick Reply: Anyone got that Veilside body kit copied by Erebuni?