GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

new mods -- grille, and more

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-04, 09:05 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally showing off the new changes, huh?

Originally posted by PHML
Hey Rom....what about painting the horizontal slats on the lower front bumper metallic too? Photoshop time!!

Pete
If you only knew the conversations we have when us NorCal guys get togetther.
Old 03-11-04, 09:46 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
If you only knew the conversations we have when us NorCal guys get togetther.
Dang...I wish I was there!!
Old 03-11-04, 11:07 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks sharp, Henry! I am still partial to the TRD or L-Sportline-type grilles, but yours is unique!
Old 03-11-04, 11:40 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Rom -

This grill is really growing on me...I wanted something like the Netz type 1 w/ horizontal slats to match the front bumper horizontal slats....and this DSR meets that requirement.....plus, its unique cuz it seems like the majority of CL members either got the Ltuned, RMM, or TRD styled grills.

After staring at this DSR grill....I swear its exactly the same as the AbFlug grill. LOL!!! Check your grill....does it have an imprint that says "AbFlug" on the backside of it? Just joking!!! Do you know if there are any differences between the two? Thickness or angle of the horizontal slats? Fitment? etc...?

I see that AbFlug sells their grill (non-CF) for a reasonble price...about $230...based on current exchange rates. What kind of pricing is the DSR grill (non-CF) likely to be?

If its reasonable....it'll be worth having mutiple grills to flip/flop back and forth.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 03-11-04 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-11-04, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I like the new lowering man, looks like you cranked her down a little bit! rear wheel looks nice! Question, since you purchased new headlights, do they have the green tint? I was having the SBP/Green headlight a while ago, but could not find a decent pic. its kinda cloudy in your pics, so its hard to guage.
well the thing is i can't crank her down anymore. if i lower the front more, it will rub. my wheels sticks out a lot, very aggressive on 8.5 (+32) for the brakes. so this is almost the max i can go, unless, of course, i compromise my camber

no i didn't get the green tint one, i don't really like it. i get the dark chrome one instead, that's the best looking one imho
Old 03-11-04, 12:38 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Rom -

What you think? It was a quick ps job!!

Pete
Attached Thumbnails new mods -- grille, and more-rom-ps.jpg  
Old 03-11-04, 12:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by lexusk8
rominl, your GS is looking really nice with the new mods. I was going to mention about my thoughts of the top part of the new grille, but it seems varcity64 and redgs4 already got that covered I do like how the silver part of the grille matches with your HREs, definitely a classy appearance

About taking better pics... you might want to adjust your camera next time so that your center of attention (e.g. your GS) stays at the center of the picture, not off to the side. Also, if you choose to take pics with your GS at a front quarter angle, turn your steering wheel so that your front wheel is better exposed to the camera. That displays a more agressive look too
yeah, the color of the bars match up with teh hre wheels a lot, i like

thanks for the tips too, i agree about the wheel part. about the center of attention, that's my delima. i did that before, but people told me it's very boring. to take better pics, and most pros do, the center of attention would fall in the 1/3 portion of the pic, specially if you have scenic view. either case, continue to learn
Old 03-11-04, 12:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by jucee187
very nice!!! now you should change your sig pic.. =)

well, think about it the other way. i haven't updated my sig for the longest time, MAYBE that's for a reason?
Old 03-11-04, 12:41 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking...really like the two-tone...and the OEM HIDs...PM me and tell where you got them...I have been looking for a while now with no luck...I really want to cross over and do this...just need some contacts Are you going to sell your old Philips 6000K kit?
Old 03-11-04, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lexis11
Henry, nice mods. Adds a nice flavor to your car like it needed it I like the grille, different but nice. WHy did you swap to the cs? Just wondering thats all.
i got the CS coz' after riding on the flex a bit, i still think the ride is rough, specially with my parents in the car. they are like "umm... this is a luxury car right? why is the car 'shaking'" hahahaha.... well i think i made the right choice, the CS gives me back my stock ride plus i can still lower teh car to my liking, so it's good
Old 03-11-04, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bluelex
looks good slammed man how negative is u'r camber? the 2tone and center of the grill looks good matching the wheels...as far as the pics, when u double click in the gallery they look much better, its cus they r compressed by cl that they look kinda weird , i usually in my pc shrink them down 2 size by 40 or 50% than post them in the gallery, than when linking the 2 the post double click the pic 2 get the one o shrunk that is still big ,they will b big and clear...the pics u posted r about 20% or so of its original size so that loses quality, were the pics taken in fine,super fine? also lots of shake in the camera like u couldn't hold still cus of the excitement , i know the feeling....congrats...
oh that's cool man, so i can blame it on CL rather than my camera (canon s300) or myself, haha

my camber isn't too bad, even the car is THIS low, my camber is like maybe 0.5 degree out of spec? i still have to worry about uneven wear, but it's not like the tires will die tomorrow.

plus i have the perelli nero, so at least i can rotote the tires side by side
Old 03-11-04, 12:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Very cool Henry, congrats on the new mods! Very exclusive!

Blue, whatcha doin with those pics, they're getting bigger not smaller. Want me to delete them?
*cought* i got a feedback from dave *cough* it made my day!
Old 03-11-04, 12:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by BostonGS4
your car looks great.
when i read "two tone" i was like uh ohhhh this is going to be gross.

but your car looks awesome

hahhaa, phew, thank god you didn't think so. i guess i was THAT close to rice already
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a Canon S230 Digital Elph and the pics are incredible so it probably isn't you...Canon's are pretty consistent.
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bluelex
sorry dave i meant that by shrinking his original big ones in the gallery so that they would fit and b clearer than the small ones he posted which lost quality... oh forget it...i can't explain this right, i hope u know what i mean cus i can't explain what i meant....

sorry 2 go off topic rom....back 2 the car....
nonono, i asked for picture taking stuff too, still on topic

Quick Reply: new mods -- grille, and more