GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

When did you fall in love...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-04, 09:52 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question When did you fall in love...

I was head over heels when I saw my baby for the first time on Ebay it was nothing in this world that was going to keep me from getting her. Silver GS4 on chrome stocks freshly washed and waxed glistening in the sun. When I got to see her in person and drove her for the first time I was in heaven. So when did you fall in love with your GS?
Old 03-16-04, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i actually didnt' really fall in love with my car until i bought it, lowered it, and put on the wheels. then i startd to realize the real potential of the car, and just how much i can do to the car

well, the rest was history
Old 03-16-04, 10:46 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

fell in love with the GS4 when it first came out. at first i didn't like the tail lights with the middle 2, but it eventually grew on me. when i was finally in the market for one in 2002, i was in love with the car and every sighting of one on the road made me want one more and more. when i finally was able to test drive one for the first time, i thought, OMG, this is it, i have to get one of these babies. got my gs4 back in may 2002 and have been in love with my "wife" ever since.
Old 03-16-04, 11:04 PM
dbox
Driver

i ''fell'' waaaaaaaaaaay before i bought mine. a friend had a 1998 (in early 99) with a real WIN KIT, exhaust, system from hell, 19'' hre's. when i saw his car that was it for me, and to this day i like the GS over everything out there.

yes, yes, yes... ths is true love...
Old 03-16-04, 11:19 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: When did you fall in love...

Ummmm....I reallllllllllllly like my car a lot. So much that I probably spent more on the wheels than many men did on their fiancees' engagement ring. I'll admit that I spend more on the GS than I do on my girlfriend, (sad, eh?)but I wouldn't go as far as saying that "I'm in love" with my GS.

Okay, guys, flame me, if you must, for being **** on this topic. Not to rain on people's love affair with their GS, but this is where I draw the line. My GS is an inanimate object. I don't refer to it as "she", "her", etc. It does have a name, though. "GS." It's not named Eleanor.

Anyways...I fell in love with my GS when my Integra got totaled, in October 03, and I needed a replacement car. Isn't she beautiful?

Last edited by rodel; 03-16-04 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-17-04, 04:55 AM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: When did you fall in love...

Originally posted by rodel

Ummmm....I reallllllllllllly like my car a lot. So much that I probably spent more on the wheels than many men did on their fiancees' engagement ring. I'll admit that I spend more on the GS than I do on my girlfriend It does have a name, though. "GS." It's not named Eleanor.

Anyways...I fell in love with my GS when my Integra got totaled, in October 03, and I needed a replacement car. Isn't she beautiful?
Number 1: Your in denial
Number 2: Eleanor is a beautiful name
Number 3: Yes she is beautiful (and you dress her so well, are those HRE's?)

and it's all in fun

Last edited by BmoreGS4; 03-17-04 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-17-04, 07:30 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I fell in love with the GS when the '98 model was first introduced. I promised myself at the time that I would own one someday.

Fast forward to 2003... I fell in love with "Natasha", my current GS, when she was lowered with L-tuned springs and cosmetically enhanced with L-tuned sideskirts and BBS rims. I fall in love again everyday when I commute to work.

Unfortunately, I've found out that love is a fleeting thing, since I'll probably trade her when something else catches my eye. My co-workers at the office say I'm "automotively promiscuous".
Old 03-17-04, 09:20 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default rodel

hey, rodel, i totaled my integ in oct 03 as well, got my $ from the insurance and put a down on my 02 GS430 w/nav ML. since then, i couldn't stop pampering her. i like the car long before but couldn't afford one til now . hehe. i got the flex, daizen, greddy front lip and work rezaxx II superchrome in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-17-04, 10:18 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i fell in love w/ my GS about 1yr + b4 I got her, and when I finally got her I was amazed by the power. originally i was going for a 300 but ended up getting a 400 and man am I glad I got the 400 . I still love the feeling of driving my car when freshly washed especially when it starts to get dark my black beauty start shinning up the night and i fall in love all over again
Old 03-17-04, 01:31 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

I fell in love when I hopped in to test drive my GS3 and I noticed all the guages were blacked out and then I turned the key.......I was like WHOA!!! The guages lit up AND the steering wheel came down to meet me at the same .... like the guy on the Dodge Durango commercial says: "Done deal!!!"
Old 03-17-04, 01:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Man, my GS infatuation has gone in stages as well. When it was introduced in 98, I knew somenone that had a black/black 400 with 17s, and at that time it was like a car from another world!!! LOL

About a year after that, i saw one with a RMM kit, 20" AME modelarts, lowered, ICE, etc etc and said wow, who knew a luxury car could look like this?!! (i'd only seen the RMM kit in pics before that)

Honestly I kinda cooled off on the GS after 2k or so, since most ones that I saw had ugly ghetto 20s, dumptruck height, etc etc.

When I joined CL and saw some of the automotive works of art on here, is when I really began to fall for her again!

I only drive my car a couple times a week, so I fall in love with it every time I take it on a roadtrip (100miles+), the seats, the power, etc are all so great. To be honest, the car just feels 'right'. Even my g/f has commented several times about the smoothness of the ride!

I feel in lust with her, after I saw all my mods together for the first time last week
Old 03-17-04, 02:11 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
I am not there yet, still having a tough time letting go of my Gorgeous SC!!
Old 03-17-04, 02:29 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

First time I saw the GS in real life was back in 98 in the Staten Island Mall parking lot. I was like....

Last edited by D-MAN63; 03-17-04 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-17-04, 02:55 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

i hadn't really taken notice of the GS, there weren't many on the road around here.
i walked into the Lexus dealer and there she was on the floor - sparklin' and shining!
SIGN ME UP!!! she was BEAUTIFUL.
bellieve me, going from a 9 year old Tercel to a GS3 is a BIG STEP! LOL!!

PEACE.
Old 03-17-04, 03:05 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Right after it whispered in my ear!

Quick Reply: When did you fall in love...