GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Things NOT to do to your gs

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-04, 04:39 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes your right it was a mistake. I wasnt paying enough attention the chrome ORIGIANAL ONES are ok. Ive got more. ok This may be my opinion, as i don't like all grills or example but im not gonna list those cause they arent ricey those are different looks, which are your own taste!

Eww, more chome isn't a good thing
Attached Thumbnails Things NOT to do to your gs-lexus-gs-chrome-head-light-trim.jpg  
Old 03-19-04, 04:40 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lol

lol.

Old 03-19-04, 04:42 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CLK turn signals... ...Totally not rice...

Red emblems....Since when did we have a type R Lexus....

Door sills... I personally love those...Saw a MB G55 AMG with them and I fell in love with it...

Carbon fiber...Looks good when done in the right place...
Old 03-19-04, 04:44 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Question hey

Hey Lex fanatic. We are having a Club Lexus Meet in NY. April 25th sun. Please come to the meet. You will get a great chance to meet up with alot of CL members & get to see alot of real nice mods. Some of these look very different in person. Check out the Club Lexus Club forum under Northeast meet .All are welcome.

Paul
Old 03-19-04, 04:51 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

yay, my car is ricey, I have chrome door handles!
Old 03-19-04, 05:04 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Wink nice try bro

Your car is totally PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All VIP. GOD I love your car!!!

Paul

I sent ya PM
Old 03-19-04, 05:09 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Default yeh oops junc.....(junk..) ion

I put the chrome by accident. If u that that car looks good,then ok. Its oyour opnions but yes your right the jucntion products are not ricey at all they are THE modding company for the gs, and lexus. Your welcome
Old 03-19-04, 05:25 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

ouch that hurts evenecence man. To encourage people not to rice out their beautiful car
Old 03-19-04, 05:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
the purpose of this thread would be__________________?
In his haste to post additional anti-rice messages, he hit new thread instead of reply.

Merging.

Lex_Fnatic, you're certainly entitled to your opinion on these items ( personally I share most of them), but we typically try not to stereotype or bash others members cars / personal taste on our forum. If you don't like something and somebody asks for your opinion, constructive criticism should be expected. A big list of stuff you don't like that may be on 25% of our member's cars....maybe not constructive

I've got one of the items you posted (the TRD gas cap cover) but it's hidden under the gas flap and not out in open like the one you put up. Yeah, it's a little ricey but I decided I liked it after a little personal debate and I honestly don't care if others don't.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-19-04 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-19-04, 05:38 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Default Thanks dave

I though i did start a new thread , then i didn't notice it until you brought it up. Now i get it. I apologize. Yes, as i said before it's my opinion expect for the juntions i meant to remove. I am just saying that even aftermarket rims can enhance the lines, when things like what i mentioned draw attention , in a bad way. ! It's one thing to put labels of your favorite tuner, and another to rice up a gs, i agree the crhome tails, and head lights trim are ricey.
Old 03-19-04, 05:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Fnatic, remember that opinions run a very wide range!! Before you post a bunch of mods that you consider ricey maybe look around the gallery or just hang out with us for a while. The last thing you wanna do is come on and post someones mod as ricey!! Also, you should try seeing some of these things in PERSON before slamming them, alot of the time things look alot better in person!

Me personally I dont like chrome door handles, but would I call Junctions car ricey? No sir. I used to think the Veilside executive front bumper was WAYY overdone for a GS, then a member that lives near me got it and I saw it in person. It has a very aggresive look to it, but its not ricey!
Old 03-19-04, 05:46 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
In his haste to post additional anti-rice messages, he hit new thread instead of reply.

Merging.

Lex_Fnatic, you're certainly entitled to your opinion on these items ( personally I share most of them), but we typically try not to stereotype or bash others members cars / personal taste on our forum. If you don't like something and somebody asks for your opinion, constructive criticism should be expected. A big list of stuff you don't like that may be on 25% of our member's cars....maybe not constructive

I've got one of the items you posted (the TRD gas cap cover) but it's hidden under the gas flap and not out in open like the one you put up. Yeah, it's a little ricey but I decided I liked it after a little personal debate and I honestly don't care if others don't.

i like your gas cap

im also partial towards the oil cap as well

Old 03-19-04, 06:17 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

remmember the old saying if you have nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all

when I first read this thread I thought to myself who died and made him GOD ? also have you checked out his thread on badging in the clubhouse section ARISTO badging is RICE!
Old 03-19-04, 06:35 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

can I say something? regardless, we should just allow people to do what they want to their car. We shouldn't crucify anyone because of the choice of mods that they have. I know I am guilty of this especially when it comes to knockoffs, but its my opinions and we all have one. You can't please everyone. Someone out there will always not like how you fixed up your car no matter what. Its inevitable!

on a side note, I didnt like the thought of chrome door handles at first, but when I put it on my car, I can't look at it again without it. It's something little that helps make the package. Just do what you like.
Old 03-19-04, 06:43 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by LEXISM
remmember the old saying if you have nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all

when I first read this thread I thought to myself who died and made him GOD ? also have you checked out his thread on badging in the clubhouse section ARISTO badging is RICE!
Yah...i felt the same way....I was thinking....dang...they guy is new here....and he making enemies real fast.....but hey....it was a Driver School Candidate mistake!! LOL!!!

Hope he learns from it.

Last edited by PHML; 03-19-04 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Things NOT to do to your gs