GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My first mod!! (well, if you count that as a mod...)"UPDATED: new pics!! 56k beware!"

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-04, 08:10 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My first mod!! (well, if you count that as a mod...)"UPDATED: new pics!! 56k beware!"

well girls and boys, i finnally got my first mod on my gs4. well, im not one to call tint a mod, but when it the first thing to be done to the car, it might as well be a mod. this past friday I got limo tint on all the windows except on the windshield, and on the windshield the tint master put on 30%. cars looking dark as hell, and you cant see in the windshield. looks freaking great! havent taken any pics yet because the car is absolutley disgusting. looks like i went mud bogging with it. all that with a weeks worth of rain. ill take some pics when its so fresh and so clean this weekend. cant wait to start everything else! Pictures to come!

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 03-26-04 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-24-04, 08:25 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

COOL

I am NOT a serious modder but hay thats how i started when i bought my GS300. I ended up adding CATZ 6000K Hids, FACTORY YELLOW FOGS and a Mobile DVD system. RIMS NEXT!?!?!

Good luck modding
Old 03-24-04, 08:37 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

tint is a mod 2 me....congrats, we all start somewhere, my 1st mod was tint too....come show us the tint at our florida meet https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=108170 .. shameless plug
Old 03-24-04, 08:53 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

hmmm... sounds like a plan. dont know if ill be moving into my house that day, but ill sure try to go. what do i have to lose?
Old 03-24-04, 08:57 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Stage3
hmmm... sounds like a plan. dont know if ill be moving into my house that day, but ill sure try to go. what do i have to lose?
nothing needed except u,u'r car,and mayb some sun tan lotion cus the sun will b hot 4 sure....mayb soem shades too hope 2 c u there.....pm me if u can make it...
Old 03-24-04, 09:02 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

ey ey captian!
Old 03-24-04, 10:55 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you're at the show, I want to see your windshield tint, can you see at night? Who did your tint?
Old 03-25-04, 06:13 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

congrats on the mod...at first i dint think tint was a mod either but i just got the exact same tint job on my new lex as you and it is a TOTAL difference...

just to clear soemthin up...the show is the 17th around noon right guys? ill be there!!!!! cant wait to see you all again...im ordering my rims but they are custom made to order and wont be here in time...but ill be there regardless...
Old 03-25-04, 06:18 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i've always considered tint a mod...if it changes the appearence of the car than its a mod , right?
Old 03-25-04, 01:35 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was my first mod too!
Old 03-25-04, 04:07 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

EEK! you must be new. you get to lose your whole bank account once you see everyone elses car!
congrats on the mod! what's next?

PEACE.
Old 03-25-04, 07:15 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

indio- A local mobile tint guy came to my apartment and did it in the garage. took about 2 hours for the whole car including the windshield. at night i havent had a problem with the windshield. the tint is so light, its like looking out a clear windshield on a night with no moon. during the day its the best thing ever. I dont need to wear sunglasses anymore (but i do because i wear contacts), and it reduces the glare from the rising sun in the morning by a ton. The guy that did the tint is in the Tampa/ St. Petersburg/ Clearwater area and has been doing tint for about 12 years. he just decided to close his place and take the show on the road. ill get you the number if youre in this area so you can get it done.

Bluelex- agreed. if you pay money for it, and it changes the way your car looks, then by golly, its a mod.

ddarbs55- trust me when i say that i know what its like to pour money into a car. my camry was a money pit. but the lexus seems to be to a WHOLE diffrent level. like i used to think that spending 3k on some Volks was expensive. as for my next mod... Im thinking it going to be the wheels and suspension. Im planning on going with the 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 HRE 541R with the black powdercoated face and polished lip and the HKS LS coilovers (have to do them at the same time because the car doesnt look right riding like a truck). but im not sure. ive been checkin the shopping list and trying to figure out whats next, but i will keep you guys informed when i make my decision.

Last edited by Stage3; 03-25-04 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-25-04, 07:36 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as for my next mod... Im thinking it going to be the wheels and suspension. Im planning on going with the 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 HRE 541R with the black powdercoated face and polished lip and the HKS LS coilovers
man, i WISH i could just throw $5k into my car at once ... then again, as a college kid, i guess its supposed to be harder

Last edited by varcity64; 03-25-04 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-25-04, 07:43 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

dont kid yourself man. I am a just turned 22 year old college student too. i just go to work everyday and work as much as possible to get what i want. i have classes every morning except friday and go to work sunday through thursday. so i know what its like to save 5 to 6k and then drop it. Just keep chipping at the stone... sooner or later youll get your venus de milo.

Last edited by Stage3; 03-25-04 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-25-04, 08:31 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default o, i know...

stage, TRUST ME... i know wut ur talkin about. i work 30+ hrs/week (minimum) and have classes 5 days/week... i also: pay for my school (no loans), pay my rent, pay my car payments, pay my car insurance, and ALL my credit card bills (no debt at all) all ON MY OWN nothin personal, but i know wut its like... and its also worth mentioning im in the process of starting my own business even tho i took a BEATING in the stock market recently (that hurt big time )...

Quick Reply: My first mod!! (well, if you count that as a mod...)"UPDATED: new pics!! 56k beware!"