GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-04, 08:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Kendhal
That's enough time for me to get my act together and get there in time. I see it's 4 hours from my house. What all are you guys going to do? Just hang out and check out the rides or cruise.....what's up?
Dont wanna hi-jack your thread with meet stuff, check your PM's
Old 03-28-04, 09:29 AM
m0t03
Rookie

What kind of gap do you have? 1 finger? looks like almost nothing. Anyone know if these springs drop more than Tannabe/ espelirs??? Im looking to buy springs asap, and i want the lowest drop possible for springs. BTW you ride looks sick!!!

Mike
Old 03-28-04, 10:57 AM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Have to agree with DGOT20s. The spoiler less look is great especially with body kit.
Very nice color. Would get rid of the gold emblem though.
/Freddo
Old 03-28-04, 11:40 AM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by fboukari
Would get rid of the gold emblem though.
/Freddo
Freddo, Oh don't worry, that gold junk is gonna be gone soon with a chrome one also the front grill is gotta go as it has that gold emblem too. I know I can just replace the emblem, but I might as well do the whole grill and be done with it.

Mike, Thanks for the compliments man. I have maybe 1 finger gap. It is so close that you really can't tell with the eye. I like it just where it is though. Anything lower doesn't look good to me of course. I chose the Daizen springs since they are specially for Lexus and a guy in the suspension section posted his friends car that they had just put those springs on and I liked the drop and got these. I recommend these over Eibach and H&R since they only are rated at 1" drop, which isn't enough to me, although I haven't seen a car with either springs before to really elaborate on.
Old 03-28-04, 12:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by m0t03
Anyone know if these springs drop more than Tannabe/ espelirs???
According to the ratings, the Daizens are the lowest, keep one thing in mind though, the Daizens look so aggresive because they are the same drop front and rear, if you add a system, then your car will have the draggin **** look, so Kendal just enjoy the factory sounds bro!!

most others are rated lower for the front than the rear, I think Espelir is 1.6/1.4 or something like that
Old 03-28-04, 01:00 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Djdelite
My jaw is still dropped......and the rim/drop is real nice...hmmmm lookin at this is really making me wanna drop mine....Hey D I know u will definatly encourage me to do so...LOL...
man, IMHO any plus sizing over 1" should come with a written agreement that the car will be lowered in the near future!!! The best thing about the GS is it looks great with wheels, lowering and tint. If you want to add other things you can, but you dont HAVE to. Now on a Black GS with brand new paint and 20" chrome wheels? C'mon bro, baby jesus cries when this car is not lowered!!!!!! LOL
Old 03-28-04, 01:35 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Freddo, Oh don't worry, that gold junk is gonna be gone soon with a chrome one also the front grill is gotta go as it has that gold emblem too. I know I can just replace the emblem, but I might as well do the whole grill and be done with it.
That's nice to hear. Now I can sleep well knowing that there will be less gold emblems travling the streets in a near future
/Freddo

Last edited by fboukari; 03-28-04 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-28-04, 03:52 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Here is a pic of the RMM, I like it. You can keep the L emblem on also. Well you'll have to remove it, install wing then put it back on...
Attached Thumbnails Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims-booty.jpg  
Old 03-28-04, 07:17 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Kendhal - that's a sweet ride without a doubt. ya' done good for sure.
i think the emblems-off look looks good with that color without the spoiler. gives it a
classier look imo. hope to see you make the ride up for the NJ meet.
Old 03-28-04, 07:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims

Well,don't try and pull a stupid line like that on me.......I might have been born at night, but not last night.
I meant to post this before, my father has used that line all my life, and I use it too! thought i was the only one that said that! LOL
Old 03-28-04, 08:02 PM
alister
Pole Position

I love the wheels, especially on that color/drop also. I think it looks pretty smooth without a wing but that's my opinion. Trade the badge for a chrome one and you'd be set.

ken
Old 03-29-04, 06:14 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fellas:

FYI, the Ventus tires are made by a company called Hankook Tire USA, division of Korean company, and they make very high quality tires. Without any hesitation I would say that they are at least as good as Nitto 555 Extremes.

You got a great deal in getting the $405 credit on them.

I am getting Ventus Tires on my own GS and should have them w/in a week or so.

Ted
Old 03-29-04, 06:47 AM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Mucho thanks again and again for the compliments guys. It means alot when you get props from the fellas that you are rollin' a.o.k. I just may hold off on the wing until the meet to see others' rides and try and decide then. I just thought that I'd get more responses saying to add a wing.

DGOT20's, yeah my mom used to say that alot and it has stuck with me for all 35 years of my life.

Ted,

Thanks for the tire info. They indeed say made by Hankook in Korea on them. They "look" good and all, I just thought that I may have a much, much lower quality tire instead of a Nitto, Bridgestone, etc. etc. style tire.

Last edited by Kendhal; 03-29-04 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-29-04, 07:05 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default The sport design spoiler would look great on your car.

Trust me, You have a Classy car and a Classy color. Looks great don't make the same mistake I did by buying the RMM spoiler.
Old 03-30-04, 06:26 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

your car looks AWESOME!!! i have a question for those of you who may know...with an aggressive drop like that versus an eibach or ltuned drop - is there gonna be a signicant difference in camber?? howis the ride quality on those springs...i definately like the look... ~beau

Quick Reply: Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims