GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-04, 03:49 PM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims

Well,

Many, many thanks to all that contribute here as I have been searching and reading a while waaaay before I even joined. I decided to buy the Daizen coil springs but without shocks and struts for now. It took me 5 hours to install both front and rear coil springs since it was my first time but it was fairly easy to do. So easy that I may just get coil-overs maybe next year or so. I ordered the Panther Valera EMR415 20" rims about a month ago and they came Friday and I am actually pissed off since they sent me a tire called Ventus , WTF, I ordered and PAID for Nitto 555 Extreme tires. I called to complain and the lady said that when they are out of stock with Nittos, they use that tire and it is actually better than Nittos..........Bull fuggin chit lady, don't try and pull a stupid line like that on me.......I might have been born at night, but not last night. So anyways, they credited my visa back $405. I am not real happy about a tire I know nothing about but I can tell you this, never order thru a mail-order if you can help it. Buy local. I also took off the GS300 emblem and Lexus(which were gold ).

I do want to know can you guys help me decide on a wing. I like the RMM, ?executive(not sure of the make) and several others.

Thanks for listening, Kendhal.
Attached Thumbnails Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims-p3270002.jpg  
Old 03-27-04, 03:49 PM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

another.
Attached Thumbnails Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims-p3270001.jpg  
Old 03-27-04, 04:00 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

car looks great but you should have changed those struts the daizens are really low and have a firm spring rate you will wear out your oem stuff quickly and can possibly damage other susp stuff from not proper damping

try and swap them out asap and be safe bro

but looks great
Old 03-27-04, 04:02 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new mods. First thing that I noticed is you got a real rare GS color out there. Second the drop is perfect for 20's. Third is you got yourself some 20's tires very cheap.

I've been using Nitto's for the past 2 years. They do not have the best traction but they do last forever Congrats on the new DIY job well done
Old 03-27-04, 04:24 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Talking

My jaw is still dropped....I luv the color of your car...and the rim/drop is real nice...hmmmm lookin at this is really making me wanna drop mine....Hey Derrick I know u will definatly encourage me to do so...LOL...
Old 03-27-04, 05:27 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Very clean setup, what's next, tint or rear spoiler?
Old 03-27-04, 05:27 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice job. Love the color of your GS.
Old 03-27-04, 05:42 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's a sick color! I've never seen it before and that bling2 chrome wheels just finish it off perfect!
Old 03-27-04, 05:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

really really loveing teh color, thats a new 02 color i think, cant remember the name but i liked it a lot when i 1st saw it at the dealer...chrome looks really nice against it....congrats man....

Last edited by bluelex; 03-27-04 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-27-04, 06:21 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

To be honest your car looks nice at that height with no spoiler! maybe its just the color or something, but add tint and see how you like it before adding a spoiler. That drop on the 20s is looking good, looks like a car with wheels, rather than wheels with a car!! LOL

also your factory struts dont stand a chance against those daizens!! (keep in mind the car has not settled yet, its gonna go lower )
Since you are in MD, check out the NE meets forum, there are some guys from your neck of the woods rolling up to a meet in NJ next month! Would be great to have ya attend!
Old 03-27-04, 07:09 PM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Just got back from cruising around. Talk about turnin' heads and looking like I'm a famous actor or something.

Thanks to all of you guys for the compliments. I really appreciate it. Yeah I jumped on that color once I saw it sittin' on the lot with my name on it. It's a Seafoam Mystic color for the '02 year.

I am going to just go ahead and get some new shocks and struts next week since this is going to be a problem if I don't do it soon.

lexforlife, Bluelex, Djdelite, DGOT20s and others on here that I can't think of at the moment,

It was seeing your cars that made me get on the ball. I bought the car used with 12,250 miles back on Feb 21, 2004 and already have the rims, springs and soon to be struts and shocks because I couldn't stand seeing all of those nice rides and I was still stock as hell I mostly had been watching Bluelex and DGOT20s after he re-introduce himself and I just couldn't take it anymore, so here I am.

So DGOT20's, you think without a wing is o.k? I really like the photos that you posted of your car with that wing and still have them saved and keep looking at the wing and thought maybe I need one like that for a sleek look in the rear. Can you give me contact names and maybe numbers to where this meet is going to be? I'd really like to make it out and hang.

Let me know what you guys think about a wing, upper window spoiler and maybe that very, very light window tint.

Thanks again, Kendhal.
Old 03-27-04, 07:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very special color
Old 03-27-04, 07:26 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Looks great - do your tires rub on the fender well?
Old 03-27-04, 07:49 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

This is the reason I like the spoilerless look, its a pshop that GSTrance did a long time ago, I actually have had this pic saved in my favorites forever

Also, here is a pic of my car with the drop, wheels, rear bumper, tint and no wing (partway through my project)

Just to give you an idea.

Here is a link to our meet, or PM me for info

MEET INFO
Old 03-27-04, 08:18 PM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Synergy
Looks great - do your tires rub on the fender well?
Thanks.

No rubbing what-so-ever. Dorve about 45 miles with bumps, dips, you name it and all is good to go.

DGOT20s,

That's enough time for me to get my act together and get there in time. I see it's 4 hours from my house. What all are you guys going to do? Just hang out and check out the rides or cruise.....what's up?

Quick Reply: Installed my Daizen springs along with 20" rims