GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I will be a proud owner of a 99 GS400 in less than 7 days

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 08:40 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EmeraldLexuSC3,

The seller is telling me all this. We'll find out tomorrow. He's actually pretty pissed off too. He really wanted to get rid of the car too.

He's going to call the bank again and find the method they used to mail out the lien release documents.

I can't really step back from this deal. I gave him a small deposit already. On the Bill of Sale, I noted that if the seller cannot clear up the lien by xx/xx/xxxx, this contract will be VOID and the seller will refund the buyer his deposit.

He still has another week to get this straightend out.
Old 04-19-04, 10:02 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by EmeraldLexuSC3
I find this hard to believe. The banks usually would have records and documentions on how this was sent out. Who is telling you all of this.....the Seller? Something is not right here
I would look for another GS and let the Seller get his finances straighten out.
i agree, this does not sound kosher. have u actually talked to the bank? if not, i would have this person conference call you in. You need to VERIFY that he indeed did pay off the bank.

Last edited by koreanpers; 04-19-04 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-19-04, 03:48 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down used car problems problems problems

this deal has gone on and on and never gets completed. and lots of people advised you to skip it and find another car. i for one will be amazed if you ever get this car. i will be even more amazed if and when it falls through if you are able to get your $1000 back.

sorry to be a downer, hope i'm wrong and it all works out.

3dog
Old 04-19-04, 05:10 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Exclamation

This should have been a done deal at the time the two of you sat down together at Chase Bank.
If you were making a loan through Chase Bank, they whould have taken care of all the necessary documentations and final tranaction to suffice the payoff with the Lien Holder, Key Bank. There should not have been all of this ball and cup game! Guess where your ball is now?! I would have walked away long ago, but that's just me.

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 04-19-04 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-19-04, 09:32 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

OK, you guys were right. I should have walked away from this deal.....I guess it's too late now and I'm out $1,000 What should I do?

J/K

Actually, I have good news You're looking at a proud owner of a black/black 1999 GS400!!!! YEAH!!!!! I GOT THE CAR ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO!!!!!!! The only bad part of it is:

- The car is FILTHY!!!!!! Mud all over the place. Lots of tree sap & bird crap. He left it out of the garage for a week because he's renovating his home and the contractors needed to pull in/out of the garage.
- My friend who came with me saw 3 more dents that I didn't see. They're located on the C-pillar (the one that leads the roof to the rear of the car). Looks like the dents are on a molding right along side the rear glass....not the piller itself.

koreanpers, talking to the bank was my next step. I actually spoke with Key Bank, but they would not release any info because I did NOT have an account. The seller actually offerred to conference me in when he called them. Since he made that offer, I was pretty certain he did pay off the bank.

But anyways, I have the lien release paper in my hands with a signature of an officer of Key Bank. The document shows that he paid off the loan on 4/12/04 (like he told me). The lien was released on 4/13/04 (like he told me). The letter looks legit to me. I saw the envelope that it came in. It came all the way from Brooklyn, OH (not Brooklyn, NY......hehe). I'll find out if the letter really IS legit tomorrow when I register the car. Thanks for the advice.

3dog, I got nevous too. But the deal finally completed today. Again, thanks for your concerns.

EmeraldLexuSC3, the problem was......I didn't take a loan out at Chase Bank. I'm paying for the car with cash. I didn't need to take a loan out. If I had to take a loan out, it would had been a lot smoother since both banks would be in contact with each other.

I used a special bank when I took the loan out and this bank doesn't want to deal with Key bank or any lien non-sense. I actually used 2 banks for the loan. They were:

- The Bank of Parents
- The New York Savings bank of Uncle Joe

Again, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. I know all of you were here to look out for me and try to give me advice so that I wouldn't get taken in like a fool.

I'm glad it turned out alright.

This guy really trusts me. I gave him the check, he signed over the title and gave me 4 keys. He told me to meet him tomorrow by his office so I can give him his plates & registration sticker & inspection stickers.

He DOES NOT have ANY of my info. He doesn't have my name, address written down anywhere. We didn't make any copies of the Title, the Bill of Sale, etc. He's depending on me to be honest and make copies for him when I see him tomorrow.

I guess this turned out to be just fine. I'll find out the conclusion tomorrow when I try to get plates & register the car.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.

But the saga continues..................(for only one more day I hope).

Last edited by Cadd; 04-19-04 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-19-04, 09:38 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey, congrats!!!!

Bring the car over on Wed, I wanna see it.

You're such a smart@#s...lol

I used a special bank when I took the loan out and this bank doesn't want to deal with Key bank or any lien non-sense. I actually used 2 banks for the loan. They were:
- The Bank of Parents

- The New York Savings bank of Uncle Joe
Old 04-20-04, 04:30 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm amazed! congrats

3dog
Old 04-20-04, 07:00 AM
sung35
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congratulation

Congratulation bro. You had to go through few crazy hoops, but you came out a winner. May be you should try out for the Apprentice
Old 04-20-04, 07:38 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats! Please post pix when it gets all cleaned up Very glad things went ok. It just seemed weird, but glad he was an honest person as you are

Last edited by koreanpers; 04-20-04 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-20-04, 10:20 AM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Cadd,
I am glad to see your patients paid off. I was little concern!
It's great that you finally got the GS you were looking for!!
Get her cleaned up and post some pics.......Congrats!!!!
Old 04-20-04, 06:54 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I couldn't register/transfer the title today. I was at the DMV during my lunch break for over 2 hours and I still had at least 15 people ahead of me. So, I gave up and left.

I'll goto the DMV first thing tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I just washed it really quick when I got home from work. This car is gonna give me such a headache. I don't have a garage and EVERYTHING'S gonna show on this black paint!

Yeah yeah yeah, I should have gotten Silver......but I tried looking for one for over 2 months. What am I gonna do???? It sits out in the rain/sun/snow 24/7/365. This thing is gonna get filthy!

Anyway, after washing it, I noticed that I have the famous headlight condensation. All 4 lights!!!

The DRLs are very minimal, but the headlights are more noticeable (especially the driver side headlight). I don't know if you can tell, but here are 2 pics of them.
Attached Thumbnails I will be a proud owner of a 99 GS400 in less than 7 days-112_1272-33.jpg  
Old 04-20-04, 06:55 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the other pic in natural light (street light only.....no flash).
Attached Thumbnails I will be a proud owner of a 99 GS400 in less than 7 days-112_1280-33.jpg  
Old 04-21-04, 08:25 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats that finally got your GS4.