GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Some pics, Dave's GS Makeover (updated with Part 3 - HRE, Brembo, new ICE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 02:49 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet vids Dave!!
The car sounds angry, I like it.
Old 04-22-04, 03:38 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! congrats. I have to ask this cuz im not to knowlegeable when it comes to adding a supercharger to our cars.

I have a gs4.

First of all, what kind of parts do u have to buy along w/ the RMM Supercharger? I saw mention of bigger fuel injectors? WHat else do you have to buy in order to do this settup? I know you need a boost gauge. is it necessary to get the aftermarket torque convertor?

Second, how much does this normally run to purchase? Used versus new? I went to the rod millen website...is there other outlets to buy this from? does srt sell it? Does srt sell a supercharger too or just turbos.

Third, how much does it cost to install. I am located here in the midwest..and have no clue of where to go to get this installed. I am wondering where is the closest to the midwest? chicago?

THanks alot

Last edited by koreanpers; 04-22-04 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-22-04, 04:04 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

oh my goodness!!!! that is awesome dave! i love it!
Old 04-23-04, 04:38 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dave ,
Congrats. The total package is sweet and clean no one would ever know that there is a "beast within"
I was wondering how did you lock own the TC and what gear did you dyno it in 3rd? 4th.?
Can't wait to see Phase 3
Old 04-23-04, 08:09 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,

What can I say..........you did it.......again!!

Very nice transformation, I remember when you started.....................
Old 04-23-04, 08:46 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice, and as always very clean..... What more can I say??? You just keep on doing it.. Nothing too fancy just nice and to the point.. And now you get to the point alot faster.. I like it..
Old 04-24-04, 05:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by koreanpers
First of all, what kind of parts do u have to buy along w/ the RMM Supercharger? I saw mention of bigger fuel injectors? WHat else do you have to buy in order to do this settup? I know you need a boost gauge. is it necessary to get the aftermarket torque convertor?

Second, how much does this normally run to purchase? Used versus new? I went to the rod millen website...is there other outlets to buy this from? does srt sell it? Does srt sell a supercharger too or just turbos.

Third, how much does it cost to install. I am located here in the midwest..and have no clue of where to go to get this installed. I am wondering where is the closest to the midwest? chicago?

THanks alot
RMM Supercharger:

1. http://www.i-m-racing.com/rmmsupgscoms.html

2. http://www.rodmillenstore.com/gs_400/price_engine.htm

Complete parts list: http://www.rodmillenstore.com/gs_400/sc/parts_list.htm

SRT Stage III Supercharger: https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/2174/1/65/

Last edited by Hameed; 04-24-04 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-24-04, 08:30 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Ahaa... my feeble attempt at a teaser is busted

I've been patiently awaiting my install date at SRT for the last month since I bought the RMM Supercharger setup from TTurbopimp. Seems like I kept it pretty quiet but now that I think about it probably 20 + people knew, lol.

Here are some more pictures of the setup:

Hammeed, thanks for the links...looks like i will prolly go w/ the rmm...when the time comes.

Dave, another q, on ur supercharger, the bov is very visible on the top part .... where as the rmm pix that i have seen on other sites, show the bov to be down behind the headlites...am i missing something?
Old 04-24-04, 08:53 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,

Looks like cleaning up the cone air filter underneath the charger will be a major headache from now on
Old 04-24-04, 12:02 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Koreanpers, damn man, you asked about 15 questions in one post!

I think I may have answered these for you in the past, but heres a few answers to your questions.....Dave, hope you dont mind.

The blow off valve is mounted where it is by choice, its too pretty to hide down low. As far as performance goes, it makes no difference. By the way, the RMM kit does not come with a bov.

Dave has alot of extras on his kit that do not come with it from RMM, boost gauge, feul pump, larger injectors than the already larger ones that come with the kit, custom sized pulley, custom SRT ECU..which is not readily available, this was a one off, blow off valve.....Im probably missing something, but there was alot of trial and error to go into this particular set up to try and maximize it....its by no means the same as the RMM kit out of the box.
Old 04-24-04, 07:44 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
its by no means the same as the RMM kit out of the box.
You go Boy!!!!!!
Old 04-24-04, 10:10 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Ouch, good thing people starting to know how...and check up prices cause rodmillenstore.com is 2 grand$ less than the first store! Where did Dave buy it.....
Old 04-24-04, 10:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Originally posted by Lex_Fnatic
Ouch, good thing people starting to know how...and check up prices cause rodmillenstore.com is 2 grand$ less than the first store! Where did Dave buy it.....
I was lucky enough to be the fastest with an offer to CL member TTurbopimp when he sold his lightly used one in our own ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds .

BTW, the link Hameed posted for SRT's SC might be a bit confusing. At this time, they do not offer any supercharger options for the GS4xx, only twin turbos .
Old 04-25-04, 05:28 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Dave, have you measured the 0 - 60 and Quarter mile times yet? I am dying to see those numbers!!!!

I want to see a picture of your face when you are driving your car. You must have a 52 tooth smile on now permanently!

Last edited by Hameed; 04-25-04 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-25-04, 06:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,458 Likes on 1,612 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
You must have a 52 tooth smile on now permanently!
If he has 52 teeth we'll need to call him "Dave-the Shark-GS4"

Quick Reply: Some pics, Dave's GS Makeover (updated with Part 3 - HRE, Brembo, new ICE)