GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Preview Pics of New Wheels (iForged Techniks)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

D, that's awesome man! welcome to the staggered world! very nice!

oh and from what you said and my math in the head, he told you 4 weeks, but the rims came in 3
Old 04-22-04, 09:29 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look crazy big bro, and yes they do look like chrome. You came a long way from those ghetto 20s on your old first gen GS. Handle change- Dgotforged20s.
Old 04-22-04, 09:35 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D,
I see you! I like the new rims, and can't wait to see them in person on sunday!

ps. To whomever asked about the Dronell's THEY'RE MINE!!!
Old 04-23-04, 12:41 AM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

Default pic

damn, those wheels look real tough. I wanna see some pics...... NOW!!!
Old 04-23-04, 04:19 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 294 Likes on 176 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful and georgeous looking wheels bro!!!

Inner barrel polished??? Wow!!! The look amazing Derrick!!!

Are you eventually going to get your wheels clearcoated so that keeping them clean is much easier?

I need to get the inner barrels polished on my wheels - they look so nasty. How much more per wheel did you have to pay to get your inner barrels polished? You can PM me if you like.

Please weigh the wheels front and back let us know the weight of each. I am very curious to know what they weigh.

And as a lot of other people said, PUT THEM ON THE CAR, TAKE SOME PICS AND SHARE THEM WITH US!!!!
Old 04-23-04, 04:25 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey guys thanks for the comps. I really did not wanna do the "teaser thing" and my tires arent here so I figured some pics of them would suffice. I'm not the "teaser" type, that can get 'cha hurt 'round these parts. LOL

PM's sent regarding pricing.

Weight- I will edit my orginal post. They weigh 26-27lbs each

As far as the timeline goes, I really dont want to put those guys in an awkward position by posting the intricate details of my timeline. I would not want to give a false perception that they can crank out all wheels overnight. The standard wait time is 4-6weeks, and I was given assurance that I would have them within that time frame.

Originally posted by RU-INAW
You killing me man, I'm not worthy of being in the "Burndish Gold class" with you.
Ya, right!!! Dont forget what I scoped out in your classifieds thread buddy! I know you have some 'treats' coming!! LOL Trust me man, we are all in this for the love, I cant wait to see the results of your project!!

Just my luck it is raining here, so I hope it stops for a long enough time to sneak over to the wheel shop, get these mounted, shoot a few pics, and get the car back under the cover!! I'm so pissed, I have waxed my car about 4times in the last week, and have been keeping it covered. I was so excited about my new wheels last night that I didnt cover it, woke up this morning to rain

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-23-04 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-23-04, 04:31 AM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

Nice wheels. Iforged makes some nice products. Im glad you didnt have any problems receiving them. The guys on the Corvette Forum had alot of problems in dealing with them and also receiving them . I think that people are still waiting on orders from almost a year ago.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of them on the car.
Old 04-23-04, 04:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 294 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Just my luck it is raining here, so I hope it stops for a long enough time to sneak over to the wheel shop, get these mounted, shoot a few pics, and get the car back under the cover!! I'm so pissed, I have waxed my car about 4times in the last week, and have been keeping it covered. I was so excited about my new wheels last night that I didnt cover it, woke up this morning to rain
Next on your mod list should be a house with a garage bro!!! My car never sees rain since I took it out of storage this year!!!
Old 04-23-04, 04:54 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

WoW
Old 04-23-04, 05:28 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

curses D

now between you and davegs with the super charger i have to accelerate plans and do new wheels and s/c at the same time .. modding is a diease and i am terminally ill

on a serious note CONGRATS they look hot as hell and your car is now finished , really looks good

i am seriously thinking of doing either iforged or hre540r from jeff if he still has them

man you are going to shine big time come sunday ,, have fun bro you deserve it
Old 04-23-04, 05:45 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ah yes I see you posted the babies huh? You know I wouldve posted last night but I passed out . I got up this morning and looked out the window and was damn D must be so mad right now. I think you have a little touch of the mush desease like me
Anyhow bro your car is amazing and like I said before it is a pleasure to ride wit ya. The wheels just finish it off.

Last edited by Lexis11; 04-23-04 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-23-04, 06:20 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Nice Wheels

Originally posted by SLVRGS
Man you are not holding back on your car huh? very nice choice, those are like the ones I was asking about the Symbolics or whatever, on those dub city model cars, business must be real good over there or you were steering me in the wrong direction with the wheels telling me similar to the ones I was debating were $1700 a wheel......I picked some nice quality forged wheels out for myself by but I have to get rid of the 1st generation first(have been using it for work here and there but have to get rid of it if I want to mod my new one) Yeah the company I chose sells forged wheels for our cars with custom offsets but I don't see people discussing them....I will keep them on the shhhhhhhhh because a lot of cars here have the same ones........
i'm very happy that u r going 2 get some new wheels and am looking forward 2 seeing U'R thread on them....
Old 04-23-04, 06:26 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"D" i must say....the look of these wheels with the inner barrel polished just blew me away...u know what i like about u? u don't talk about whats coming, u just present them when they have arrived. big dog move there man.....i'm very happy the situation with iforged is getting better, i knew it would in speaking 2 people when they moved 2 there new facility....its great 2 have another option when looking 4 quality forged staggard wheels.. congrats bud...
Old 04-23-04, 06:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 04-23-04, 06:29 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

bluelex..
you should buy some iforgred, and sell me your GETITINS
rick

Quick Reply: Preview Pics of New Wheels (iForged Techniks)