GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Final Project of 2001hitechgs

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-04, 02:21 PM
oneeyejack
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by PandaGS430
okay, I wasnt going to say anything negative but I couldnt help but wonder about a moment in time that something happened to me that this thread helped bring back to my memory. It was actually on ebay and hitech and I were bidding on the same item... well.. ill let the you guys see the feedback that was left for him yourself...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...&iid=-1&de=off
what a tool. this guy is giving vietnamese people a BAD name.
Old 07-07-04, 02:21 PM
omegagavin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this guy gets cancer of the d*ck.
Old 07-07-04, 02:27 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by omegagavin
I hope this guy gets cancer of the d*ck.
Old 07-07-04, 02:33 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

u piece of poop
Old 07-07-04, 02:50 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe someone should visit him........
Old 07-07-04, 02:51 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

To keep members informed of the current situation between Jimmy, SRT and I, this is how it all started. I sold Jimmy my Exhaust system which he paid me on time and with no issue. Then I sold him my Veilside Executive Bodykit which he paid in full with no issue. Then I sold him my Turbo kit for $5,750 + all my electronics I purchase earlier from SRT. Jimmy then paid me $5K through Paypal minus the $150 (3%) so in total he paid me only $4850. He tells me he would pay me the remaining $900 in a couple of weeks since he was saving the money for the Turbo installation. I called up Mo at SRT and told him I sold the Turbo to Jimmy who is now the new owner of the turbo kit. While all this was going on I kept on bugging Jimmy every two weeks for the remaining balance but he kept making excuses. To me, I was cool with it, I trusted him. I didn’t think anything of it. Then he told me he would pay me after he gets the installation done. After two weeks when he had his turbo installed, I received an e-mail from Paypal, this is what is says:

Dear Cong Nguyen,

Recently, PayPal received a notification from a user regarding
Unauthorized access to his PayPal account. As a result, one of the payments credited to your PayPal account has been reversed.
Transaction Amount: $5,000.00 USD

At this time I wasn’t sure what was going on so I called Jimmy but he never picked up or replied back. I then called Mo to find out if Jimmy ever had his turbo installed. Mo told me he had it installed about two weeks ago so at that point and time I knew something was very fishy. I informed some of the moderators so they can have a heads up on the whole ordeal. The next day, I got an e-mail from Paypal saying:

Dear Cong Nguyen,

We have completed our investigation regarding the the following
Transaction and have cancelled the reversal. This reversal was cancelled because we have determined that the transaction was not unauthorized.

To me that was a big relief. From that point on, I’ve been unsuccessful in contacting Jimmy. About a month ago, Mo calls me and tells me Jimmy pulled a fast one on him too. He told me that the charged on the cc was unauthorized so they took back the charge.

As of now, I have not heard a word from Jimmy, he still owe me $900. He owes SRT about $1500. To me, I think Jimmy knew what he was doing and seems like he has been doing this stunt for awhile.

Just to let you guys know, there is always one bad apple so don’t let him ruin your experience on this forum. After this experience, I still trust majority of the members on here then any other forum out there.
Old 07-07-04, 03:00 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Originally posted by johnee78
HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE WHOLE THREAD??? This guy is a crook..you should give him no props...
I'm sorry, I was missing the scandalous page.. I'm feeling bad giving him props now..
Well, I hope the scandal is taken care..
Old 07-07-04, 03:04 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cong28
To keep members informed of the current situation between Jimmy, SRT and I, this is how it all started. I sold Jimmy my Exhaust system which he paid me on time and with no issue. Then I sold him my Veilside Executive Bodykit which he paid in full with no issue. Then I sold him my Turbo kit for $5,750 + all my electronics I purchase earlier from SRT. Jimmy then paid me $5K through Paypal minus the $150 (3%) so in total he paid me only $4850. He tells me he would pay me the remaining $900 in a couple of weeks since he was saving the money for the Turbo installation. I called up Mo at SRT and told him I sold the Turbo to Jimmy who is now the new owner of the turbo kit. While all this was going on I kept on bugging Jimmy every two weeks for the remaining balance but he kept making excuses. To me, I was cool with it, I trusted him. I didn’t think anything of it. Then he told me he would pay me after he gets the installation done. After two weeks when he had his turbo installed, I received an e-mail from Paypal, this is what is says:

Dear Cong Nguyen,

Recently, PayPal received a notification from a user regarding
Unauthorized access to his PayPal account. As a result, one of the payments credited to your PayPal account has been reversed.

At this time I wasn’t sure what was going on so I called Jimmy but he never picked up or replied back. I then called Mo to find out if Jimmy ever had his turbo installed. Mo told me he had it installed about two weeks ago so at that point and time I knew something was very fishy. I informed some of the moderators so they can have a heads up on the whole ordeal. The next day, I got an e-mail from Paypal saying:

Dear Cong Nguyen,

We have completed our investigation regarding the the following
Transaction and have cancelled the reversal. This reversal was cancelled because we have determined that the transaction was not unauthorized.

To me that was a big relief. From that point on, I’ve been unsuccessful in contacting Jimmy. About a month ago, Mo calls me and tells me Jimmy pulled a fast one on him too. He told me that the charged on the cc was unauthorized so they took back the charge.

As of now, I have not heard a word from Jimmy, he still owe me $900. He owes SRT about $1500. To me, I think Jimmy knew what he was doing and seems like he has been doing this stunt for awhile.

Just to let you guys know, there is always one bad apple so don’t let him ruin your experience on this forum. After this experience, I still trust majority of the members on here then any other forum out there.
Can't you take any legal steps??
This guy deserves an *** kicking!!
Old 07-07-04, 03:09 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Richie
Can't you take any legal steps??
This guy deserves an *** kicking!!

I don't really know how this legal stuff works. I might end up paying more for the lawyers then me getting back my $900. It's too bad I don't have friends in the East Coast that can do me some justice.
Old 07-07-04, 03:13 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

I don't really know how this legal stuff works. I might end up paying more for the lawyers then me getting back my $900. It's too bad I don't have friends in the East Coast that can do me some justice.
There's always someone on the CL boards that could probably give you legal advice, or someone on the east coast that would pay jimmy a visit. If you would like, I could ask my Father, who is a lawyer what would happen....
Old 07-07-04, 03:16 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, the "cup half full" part of me is still hoping Jimmy steps up. He was part of CL for a long time. I mean, how can a guy who shares pics of his wife and the birth of his son turn around and do this? But then again, I also thought it was strange that he was actively modding his car, participating on CL, and then, once the turbo went in, went AWOL.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, I hope all is well with him. Do any of the other members who has contact with him/who knows him/who are friends with him know what's going on? I know he went to some meets and has met other members. Let's try to get this resolved amicably.

For some of the newer members who were not around when Jimmy was around, it is easy to throw a . I agree and can give him a for these actions. But imagine (although not quite the same level) if rominl or lxogood turned around and did this. I would be quite concerned how a member I see and interact with everyday (on CL) can become like this.

On the other hand, many of you probably don't know cong28 either since he is less active now after he sold his GS. If Cong did something like this, I'd be concerned too. I have met Cong and have gotten parts from him and can honestly say he is a standup guy and would not bring this up unless asked. I'm sure he has kept real silent about this to try to keep Jimmy from being dragged through the mud. That's the kind of guy Cong is.

Last edited by Neo; 07-07-04 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-07-04, 03:19 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

ahem . *cough* fireballgs400 *cough*

how much money is needed, and i know someone who can collect. pm me if your serious
Old 07-07-04, 03:53 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by PandaGS430
okay, I wasnt going to say anything negative but I couldnt help but wonder about a moment in time that something happened to me that this thread helped bring back to my memory. It was actually on ebay and hitech and I were bidding on the same item... well.. ill let the you guys see the feedback that was left for him yourself...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...&iid=-1&de=off

EDIT: if you look at the date of the auction...it was quite some time ago...so its sad to say it might be a trend.

no good

Cong, you say you have no friends on the east coast to do anything for you, but remember, CL is one big family, and I'm sure there are plenty of people on the east coast that would be more than willing to help your cause. fireballgs400 has displayed some interest in helping you...

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
how much money is needed, and i know someone who can collect. pm me if your serious.
to fireball

Last edited by Davtown; 07-07-04 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-07-04, 04:44 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope Cong get his money back. $900 is a lot of money. Enough to buy a Torque Converter from PI . CL is a big family and family members shoudln't cheat each other...shame shame....
JPI
Old 07-07-04, 05:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

man ,what a sad day in clublexus history

i cant believe that this is actually happening , too bad the classified section could not be rethought to protect each other in the future..

i for one believe in fair dealing and also the proverbial saying "what comes around goes around"

i sincerely hope jimmy will step up and take care of the family who has taken care of him

Quick Reply: The Final Project of 2001hitechgs