GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What you guys think of this? (custom LV interior)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 04:00 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PandaGS430
hmmm....I guess every owner in here is trying to impress Jr. High Kids then.

duh..... who else would we try to impress?? ....
Old 05-03-04, 04:53 PM
jaysonb
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I really have no idea what you could be referring to man. Personally, I cant tell you how many people ask me about my wing and my mufflers, and nothing else aerowise. Why?? because as someone else noted, they dont recognize the change!! Show me a Junior High schooler that knows what a Ltuned sideskirt is, and I'll show you a bashful prostitute LOL.

No need to make blanket comments bud, especially that "Fast and Furious" part, strive to respect the views/tastes of others whether you agree or not.

I just found it funny that people were denouncing a mod while they have themselves multiple paragraphs detailing their own mods in their signature lines.

While I personally do not wish to lower my car or alter the exhaust to make it sound like it has an exhaust leak as others do, I respect their opinions.

It just seems that putting non-functional wings, engine mods that add fractions of a second, and the like are a little juvenile. But again, that is just my opinion. From looking at cars driving down the road I can see that I am in the minority in my views.
Old 05-03-04, 04:59 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jaysonb
I just found it funny that people were denouncing a mod while they have themselves multiple paragraphs detailing their own mods in their signature lines.

While I personally do not wish to lower my car or alter the exhaust to make it sound like it has an exhaust leak as others do, I respect their opinions.

It just seems that putting non-functional wings, engine mods that add fractions of a second, and the like are a little juvenile. But again, that is just my opinion. From looking at cars driving down the road I can see that I am in the minority in my views.
WTF is this guy talking about???
Old 05-03-04, 05:23 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Jayson B, I am only going to address you once more, because you respond to a even-keeled post with condescending tones in your reply. Because a person mods they car, they should like every mod out there? Is that to imply that since people who choose to do aero mods have no taste anyway, we might as well like tacky interior jobs as well?

Thats fine bro, as you noted your are quite obviously in the minority around these parts keep that in mind with regards to the tone of your posts.

Thanks alot man.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 05-03-04 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-03-04, 05:25 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ...

lol. hey. My girlfriend loves LV way too much!! Remember everyone has the right to mod their GS which ever way they want. Depending on the way you do the LV. It might look good.

Paul
Old 05-03-04, 05:36 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Thats fine bro, as you noted your are quite obviously in the minority around these parts keep that in mind with regards to the tone of your posts.
Let's all just chill a bit, shall we? I didn't see anything wrong with the "tone" of his post--he was respectful and mature. Personally I agree with him 100% and think the reason he's facing some pushback is because his insightful comments cut a little too close to the bone for some folks' comfort...

Back on topic, does ANYONE really think that fake LV print accents make a car look BETTER?
Old 05-03-04, 05:45 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

I can’t recall seeing black print LV before. If would of went with black print Gucci material. Uh just out of curiosity why did you do the wood grain sections?

Last edited by joshoowa; 05-03-04 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-03-04, 06:02 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

joshoowa: not my car, just takin a poll to see peopl's comments on how they like the print's on the cars. i know a lot of people are using them these days, and i'm not going to lie, was actually thinking of doing my headliner in a pring. Still might, but won't go as far as to redo my woodgrain materials, i love that look waaaayyy to much!
Old 05-03-04, 06:06 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by johnee78
WTF is this guy talking about???
hahahahahaha
Old 05-03-04, 06:21 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Why?

Originally posted by RU-INAW
John,

Like my boy(Damon Wayan) on "My Wife and Kids" usually say "Ummm NO!" That is something done if you want to get noticed by Funk Master Flex and be in the same group as "NYWizard".
-R-
thats funny i finally saw that on TV last night...... LOL funny stuff
BUT the MOD . BIG BIG NO NO NO NO
bad idea... get a two tone interior.... nice and plush.. nothin like this one...
JUST my opinion though
rick
Old 05-03-04, 06:24 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default trolls

ban the trolls forever!!!! hehehehe
Old 05-03-04, 06:43 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just kidding ........but on topic .......... ......... unless your Master P and have tons of money and can afford real LOUIS I say dont bother ......didnt he have like Gucci airbags??
Old 05-04-04, 12:21 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Default lv seats

at first i was a big fan of gucci and lv seats but my girl put me on how the matrial is fake and im not a big fan of fake ****** and unless you buy a ton of bags cut them up and put it on i would say go for it but if not den but anyways maybe you should check out some suede that is some pimp ****** looks better feels nicer and imho i think it fits a lexus
Old 05-04-04, 02:49 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say we all go out and do a 2-tone chequered Burberry brown interior.......
Old 05-04-04, 04:14 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I've actually thought about re-doing my interior also...i never thought about the prints (i personally think its ugly)...however i since my car is white and its rare to see the black on white combo...i was thinking about redoing my whole interior....black dash...black leather.....w/ blackwood inserts.....and a black suede headliner....thats how i would have done it...If your going to re-do your interior i say keep it simple. 1 or 2 tone at the most....no patterns and not too much alternating between the 2 tones if your going the 2 tone route.

Quick Reply: What you guys think of this? (custom LV interior)