GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

chrome grill slat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-04, 09:20 PM
kendre
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chrome grill slat covers?

Anyone use these? I bought them from GlobalAutoShop.com before I realized I could just strip the paint off the grill myself. I saw a pic of someone's GS on this site that looked like he had them but I can't find that post. If anyone has any experience with these let me know. If they're a waste of time then I might just DIY chrome it, but since I already paid for these things I wanted to know if anyone else had them.

Thanks

Kendra
Old 05-04-04, 09:34 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: chrome grill slat covers?

Originally posted by kendre
Anyone use these? I bought them from GlobalAutoShop.com before I realized I could just strip the paint off the grill myself. I saw a pic of someone's GS on this site that looked like he had them but I can't find that post. If anyone has any experience with these let me know. If they're a waste of time then I might just DIY chrome it, but since I already paid for these things I wanted to know if anyone else had them.

Thanks

Kendra
i did the diy oem grill i think it looks the best
Old 05-04-04, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think you can't beat the rsults of diy chrome
Old 05-04-04, 11:21 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Default Re: chrome grill slat covers?

Thanks

Kendra
no offense, but those things are just a waste (and i hope u didnt pay too much for them b/c they are ALL OVER eBay)... anyway, just do a search on DIY CHROME GRILLE and you will get tons of results... and welcome to CL
Old 05-05-04, 06:32 AM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Exclamation *****Rip Off ALERT****

Get your money back nothing beats a DIY chrome grille, well... maybe a sportsdesign grille does but... oh never mind
Old 05-05-04, 07:46 AM
kendre
Rookie

Thanks guys, it's great to be here! Luckily I only paid about $30.00 for them so it's not a big deal, I'll just do it myself. The next project will be new wheels, then a body kit!

-Kendra

White 99 GS400
Old 05-05-04, 08:48 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Thanks guys, it's great to be here! Luckily I only paid about $30.00 for them so it's not a big deal, I'll just do it myself. The next project will be new wheels, then a body kit!

-Kendra

White 99 GS400
welcome to cl !!
Old 05-05-04, 09:57 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl
i think you can't beat the rsults of diy chrome
Originally posted by lexusondubs
welcome to cl !!
Ditto!

Last edited by TwentyTen; 05-05-04 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-12-04, 05:46 PM
kendre
Rookie

Default SO glad I did it myself!

I just finished chroming my grill and my GOD, I can't stop smiling! Now I've just gotta save up and the wheels are next . . .

One more thing: anyone know how to resize photos? I took a bunch with my digital camera but they are all too big to post here. I really want to post pics but can't figure out how!

-Kendra
Old 05-12-04, 07:38 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Hey Kendre -

Go to www.acdsystems.com and download ACDSee.
Install it, configure it to your liking and just press CTRL+R to resize images to whatever size you like. It doesn't overwtrite the originals; it names the resized file "nameoffile_resized.jpg".

Doesn't get much faster than that. And you can do batch rename, reformat, resize, etc... I've been using it since it was ACDSee 3.
Old 05-12-04, 09:36 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

kendre... i have been a member on CL for almost 1 year and JUST figured out how to do pics like 2 weeks ago... all you have to do is go to the gallery and upload your pics from your comp onto CL (any size) and then when you are done w/that click on the thumbnail pic and then when the larger pic comes up, right click, go down to properties and copy the url provided in the properties screen. then when you go to post, click on (either the http:// button or IMG button) and insert that link... if someone can clarify this last step, it would be great!! thanks and good luck!! and welcome to CL!! nice color btw, i have a millenium silver one, but it sure is a sweet color.
Old 05-12-04, 10:23 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by varcity64
[B]if someone can clarify this last step, it would be great!!B]

Right Click the image in the gallery & select PROPERTIES:

From the PROPERTIES sheet, paint the image location and copy:

Last edited by TwentyTen; 05-12-04 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-12-04, 11:07 PM
kendre
Rookie

Thanks you guys, you're the best! Here's a pic of my grill. I'll try to post a couple of other pics or you can just go to the gallery. They're in the GS gallery under my name. (I think I went over board -- you've created a monster).

Oh and by the way, I didn't have a choice on the color (bought it used on the Lexus lot) and although I LOVE the diamond white, I do have to admit that the silver and the mica blue are my FAVORITE colors -- especially since I can't get black interior with DW! But I LOVE my NAVI system . . .

-Kendre

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/501/25186car_and_slab_012-med.jpg https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...ng_020-med.jpg https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...ing_19-med.jpg
Old 05-12-04, 11:13 PM
kendre
Rookie

Sorry all, let me get that grill pic in there for you. I know only one of the URL's worked.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...ab_012-med.jpg

-Kendre
Old 05-12-04, 11:18 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One less click:

Quick Reply: chrome grill slat covers?