GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Which color to paint the car?
Keep it the same Black
25.00%
the gs300 sport design Gray
42.86%
some exotic color
25.00%
cinabar
7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Pick my new Paint job...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-04, 05:17 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really bites!!!

I hope you do get your car repainted. Do you have ample evidence against this person? Anyway, even though I like black...it's too common...I'd say non-stock color... not too exotic...

~manny
Old 05-06-04, 08:21 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up sheez

be prepared to PROVE PROVE PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt it was her sorry azz. no hear say, no he said she said, if there were witnesses have them with you, if someone heard make sure they are with you. Don't quit fighting it. Good luck, n if it doesn't work out, get even twice
Old 05-06-04, 09:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
GGP gets my vote! If I was in Jersz, I'd kick those clowns azz for u.

1SICKLEX........you'd get the spoils after I got done with them ( I'm 6' 3", 285, an ex-football jock ) ....this really ticks me off too.
Like you, I feel sorry for this guy.
Old 05-06-04, 09:01 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Not to get your hopes, but there are some factors that will contribute to if you get a new paint job. I will list them in no particular order:
1. How old is the girl Juvenile/adult?
2. Does she live with mom and dad, or just dad or mom(only if juvenile)?
3. Has there been a past incidents that you have documented either with police, or school officials.?
4. How many Wintness's? are they personal wintness, or patrons that came to you and described the incident.
5. Does she have a current income?
6. Have you got an estimate of what it will cost to fix?
7. Have you submitted a claim with your insurance company?
8. has your insurance agency came and inspected or quoted the car?
9. Are you in good standing's with your insurance company.

these are just a few things that came to mind, when I heard the words "going to court." If you get an attorney because your insurance company will not go after the defendant, these are just a few things to make sure you have all covered, before even talking to a lawyer.

your lawyer might ask you, "what do you want out of this?"

If you state, a different color other than your stock color, most likely he or she will not represent you, what you would be asking is not reasonable, and the judge will most likely settle it with not $ but work to be done on the car at ------shop.

Just my .02 cents
Old 05-06-04, 09:05 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey diva do you have some pics i might be able to tell you how to fix it or make it less noticeable ...........shawn
Old 05-06-04, 09:09 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

i dont think that you will be awarded money to change the color of your car but the cost to have repainted the same color. and even if the judge does rule in your favor, it doesnt mean that this person IS going to pay you. my cousin had a $10000 civil suit against a person and WON, but has yet to receive any money b/c the guy is BROKE (and now resides in a comfy jail cell ). i hope that you filed a claim w/the insurance and get it fixed through them and have them take this person to court to get ur money (deductable) back.

ANYWAY, if you DO get money and want to change the color... Diamond Pearl White!!!!! i want to paint my car that color b/c i have black interior too and i think that combo would be sick

Last edited by varcity64; 05-06-04 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-06-04, 10:18 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

well from what I assumed this lil kid is a juvi and criminal mischief can land him some probation, tied to his probation is usually the cost of damages caused to you. well enough about that Ferrari Red is an excellent color to choose.
Old 05-06-04, 10:47 PM
LexFather

Yankees Diva, u know GGP=Graphite Gray Pearl right?
mmarshall, yeah, I'd just let u beat em up and kick them in the nuts when your finished
Old 05-07-04, 08:35 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

this person is 18, lives with mom and dad, has a job and its a lil beyond criminal mischif when the judge asks him for reasonable cause to go vandilize someones property ......the only thing to spill out of this diliquents mouth is she caled my sister a h-o-e in highschool.

will i get awarded the money ....lol i have his friend whose 23 was with him the night he did it and apparently i wasnt the only car this kid hit that night. as long as the kid has a job they can garnish his wages i called my uncle he's a lawyer... he told me the procedures to take and what to have for evidence and who has to come into court for the hearing. the court is not what im concerned with. and as far as im concerned once im awarded the money they cant tell me what i can and cannot do with it. i have to have 3 estimates from 3 different shops to tell me what it would cost with paint and labor to color the car. as far as black as a concern its irrelavent to the case. i can color it whatever i want. he damaged my car and now he's going to pay.

~ Stella

PS i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with highschool bulls**t b/c this is the most aggervating thing i ever had to deal with. i woulda rather got in a fist fight with the lil creap or beat the hell out of his sister stuffed her in a locker or something then delt with this but some people are pussies what can i say.
Old 05-07-04, 08:37 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Yankees Diva
this person is 18, lives with mom and dad, has a job and its a lil beyond criminal mischif when the judge asks him for reasonable cause to go vandilize someones property ......the only thing to spill out of this diliquents mouth is she caled my sister a h-o-e in highschool.

will i get awarded the money ....lol i have his friend whose 23 was with him the night he did it and apparently i wasnt the only car this kid hit that night. as long as the kid has a job they can garnish his wages i called my uncle he's a lawyer... he told me the procedures to take and what to have for evidence and who has to come into court for the hearing. the court is not what im concerned with. and as far as im concerned once im awarded the money they cant tell me what i can and cannot do with it. i have to have 3 estimates from 3 different shops to tell me what it would cost with paint and labor to color the car. as far as black as a concern its irrelavent to the case. i can color it whatever i want. he damaged my car and now he's going to pay.

~ Stella

PS i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with highschool bulls**t b/c this is the most aggervating thing i ever had to deal with. i woulda rather got in a fist fight with the lil creap or beat the hell out of his sister stuffed her in a locker or something then delt with this but some people are pussies what can i say.

you go girl !!
Old 05-07-04, 08:38 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

btw the insurance is not the way to go with this at all. that is from a lawyers mouth. they take for ever and screw things up and take forever. her income is irrelevant.... the h0e . im not gettin an attorney right now but if i have to in the long run i will.

Originally posted by Lettuce
Not to get your hopes, but there are some factors that will contribute to if you get a new paint job. I will list them in no particular order:
1. How old is the girl Juvenile/adult?
2. Does she live with mom and dad, or just dad or mom(only if juvenile)?
3. Has there been a past incidents that you have documented either with police, or school officials.?
4. How many Wintness's? are they personal wintness, or patrons that came to you and described the incident.
5. Does she have a current income?
6. Have you got an estimate of what it will cost to fix?
7. Have you submitted a claim with your insurance company?
8. has your insurance agency came and inspected or quoted the car?
9. Are you in good standing's with your insurance company.

these are just a few things that came to mind, when I heard the words "going to court." If you get an attorney because your insurance company will not go after the defendant, these are just a few things to make sure you have all covered, before even talking to a lawyer.

your lawyer might ask you, "what do you want out of this?"

If you state, a different color other than your stock color, most likely he or she will not represent you, what you would be asking is not reasonable, and the judge will most likely settle it with not $ but work to be done on the car at ------shop.

Just my .02 cents
Old 05-07-04, 08:41 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexusondubs
hey diva do you have some pics i might be able to tell you how to fix it or make it less noticeable ...........shawn
ill post pics later today.. ive tried claybars....meguirs paint cleaner..... ive gone to dealershp where friends have tried professional cleaning products to get it off nothing has worked. then when i got the estimate from the guy who is going to repaint it said that when the egg hit the inpact was so bad that the paint shattered. this guy hit my car wtih 13 eggs. and he wasnt throwing the eggs from across the street either. my car looks horrible.......only when its dirty can you not tell but to ME i see them all the time they stand out like white polkadots to me! it all has to do with me because its my car. it doesnt matter what anyone else says and how unnoticeable it is to them.

~ Stella

Last edited by Yankees Diva; 05-07-04 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-07-04, 08:44 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by Yankees Diva
ill post pics later today.. ive tried claybars....meguirs paint cleaner..... ive gone to dealershp where friends have tried professional cleaning products to get it off nothing has worked. then when i got the estimate from the guy who is going to repaint it said that when the egg hit the inpact was so bad that the paint shattered. this guy hit my car wtih 13 eggs. and he wasnt throwing the eggs from across the street either. my car looks horrible.......only when its dirty can you not tell but to ME i see them all the time they stand out like white polkadots to me!

~ Stella
ok diva my buddy just got his truck egged it looks like spider webbing but i might have some kind of idea how to maybe hide it a little so please post the pics maybe i can help you.... shawn

Last edited by lexusondubs; 05-07-04 at 08:44 AM.