GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Which color to paint the car?
Keep it the same Black
25.00%
the gs300 sport design Gray
42.86%
some exotic color
25.00%
cinabar
7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Pick my new Paint job...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-04, 09:26 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pick my new Paint job...

So in September of 2003 i called some girl a h-o-e in a typical highschool conversation with a bunch of people i know. well apparently her lil psycho brother got wind of this and decided to egg my car with 2 dozen eggs.. to make a long story short i have 13 egg marks on my car that I KNOW are there even if you cant see them. so now im taking the lil **t i h s** to court for a nice new paint job. any suggestions on what color i should paint the car or anything else i should know about what i should say in court. btw i had a witness to the incident whose going to court with me so thats why i can prove this.

~ Stella
Old 05-05-04, 09:48 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry to hear what happened to your car. That really sucks and the eggs can really hurt the paint
No matter what, make sure you have lots of pictures to present to court. The more hard evidence you have, the better your case. I say keep your car the same color
Old 05-05-04, 10:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

I like black, but I suggest you also consider Twilight Amethyst Pearl. It's a color created by Lexus exclusively for the SC430, it's very dark & almost looks black but under bright sunlight is a most gorgeous deep purple. Try to find one and see it yourself in person.
Old 05-05-04, 12:44 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

why take it to court, get even!
Old 05-05-04, 02:37 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by aliga
why take it to court, get even!
Getting even doesn't get the car repainted. But going to court -and- getting even...

Unless your paint is a total loss the court may opt to award you the cost to repair vs a full repaint. [Please note: I have never been to court, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently. ] Has the paint on most of the body panels been damaged? Or is it focused on just a few?
Old 05-05-04, 03:04 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by redgs4
Getting even doesn't get the car repainted. But going to court -and- getting even...

Unless your paint is a total loss the court may opt to award you the cost to repair vs a full repaint. [Please note: I have never been to court, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently. ] Has the paint on most of the body panels been damaged? Or is it focused on just a few?
It is the entire driver side of the car.

-Anthony
Old 05-05-04, 03:22 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

. [Please note: I have never been to court, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently. ]

Diva i posted this before but this is a nice color

lambo blue

Old 05-05-04, 06:30 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

girl i would do cinnabar or blk cherry cus u have blk interior and that would look sick with blk int. hope it turns out well
Old 05-05-04, 07:18 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

cant "repair " it i got the estimate the paint shattered on inpact the whole half side of the car needs to be repainted and no court is dumb to paint just HALF of a car its not even worth the time to primer HALF a car so the whole care will get repainted. plus its criminal mischif and all that stuff this kid might get slammed with charges by the court just b/c of the crime and have to do community service plus whatever else. im not paying for a new paint job b/c some young brat is jealous of my car over some highschool BS*

~ Stella
Old 05-05-04, 07:49 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

How bout a metallic gunmetal grey?
Old 05-05-04, 08:58 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone know if the have a paint like this.. but in a grey/charcole with the metalic stuff.. yes i know what im trying to say.. i just can't say it.. lol

Thanks
J

Photoshop anyone?
Old 05-05-04, 10:24 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if you have to repaint the whole car on someone elses dime, IMO you should go with a non-stock color. Does not have to be anything outrageous, i.e.- chameleon purple/green, just different enough to stand out. The lambo blue on that M3 looks nice.
Old 05-05-04, 10:37 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck in court my opinion keep it stock color a full color change is very costly and time consuming to really do it right !!
Old 05-06-04, 12:10 AM
LexFather

GGP gets my vote! If I was in Jersz, I'd kick those clowns azz for u.
Old 05-06-04, 04:47 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
GGP gets my vote! If I was in Jersz, I'd kick those clowns azz for u.
lol thanks! thatd be awsome.... anyway i duno about the exotic color change..... the gs is still a luxary car not a lambo or exotic sports car. i think to extreme might look bad and take away from the class that the gs has. will see though. i gotta get threw court first and get my $$$.

~ Stella

Quick Reply: Pick my new Paint job...