GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Black Knight Is FINALLY Unleashed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-04, 05:47 AM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car looks sick..and i mean sick in a good way

only thing paint the break rotors the rust kills the look a little..dont worry my girl told me the same thing about mine .

Last edited by RanGer498; 05-06-04 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-06-04, 06:03 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nicely put together!
Old 05-06-04, 06:13 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

definately lookin good...nice and classy!!! tastefully done...good yob!
Old 05-06-04, 06:15 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ah so my zooming on the teaser was correct congrats man, a long time coming and well done....
Old 05-06-04, 06:26 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Absolutely awesome and classy looking! This is modding in its true essence - done properly. Excellent choice in all the mods and you no doubt have great taste for a 19 year old!

Did you get your front bumper through Steve? It looks very nice as is. It does not need the fogs, even though I would miss my fogs if I had that bumper.

Stock exhaust??? Wow! How much did that run you? It looks perfect the way you have the size of the tips and the fitment in the bumper!

Keep up the good work!! What's next on the mod list?
Old 05-06-04, 06:57 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ant great job bro. I love the rear bumper, one of my favorites. The whole package flows very nicely consider it a job well done
Old 05-06-04, 07:00 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what suspension r u running?, it looks very low...
Old 05-06-04, 07:18 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Your car came together very nicely and I really like the wheels..your car looks great!!

Last edited by johnee78; 05-06-04 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-06-04, 07:59 AM
cxp2001
Lead Lap

Captain,

Your car is very, very sweet. I really liked your mods. How do you do it.. I just can't free up the funds to really do it right. Keep up the good work..
Old 05-06-04, 08:13 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up excellent!!!

boy oh boy i am FEEELIN THOSE WHEELS!!!! smooth looking all the way around.
Old 05-06-04, 09:26 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up very nice job...

nice job piecing this kit together. of course i'm partial to a black GS (ha ha) and you pulled it off well.
ahhhh, that Junction Produce roof spoiler. =)
jd
Old 05-06-04, 10:21 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: The Unveiling of The Black Knight Has Finally Come :)

Originally posted by Captain Bone
Hey guys,

You know how this goes. I have finally finished with my costmetic (for now) modifications on my 1998 Black Onyx GS 300. I remember like it was yesterday that I received the delivery of the most stunning car I ever laid eyes on (I'm 19, but you get the picture). The story doesn't begin there though...

The story begins waaaay back into the summer of 2002 when I stumbled upon Club Lexus while looking for modifications and some pointers on what to do on my 1993 SC 400. I slowly began to learn little things here and there about such things as turbocharging and supercharging and what an offset actually was on a vehicle. One most understand that before I was able to drive, I had no interest in cars and was comparable to a young girl who just thought whatever looked nice got the ( ) After about two months of browing, I finally began to post and help others out as I had found help from many of the people featured on this wonderful place. (I won't begin to mention names because I will surely leave someone out, as Neo has said, and those who did help me or have engaged with me know who they are).

Unfortunately, the joy of my 1993 SC 400 didn't last long and before I knew it I had made the critical and life-altering mistake of completely demolishing the beauty in a high speed collision. I was stupid and paid for it. It was then 86 days before I was to ever drive a Lexus again.

During this time I thought a lot about things and swore to myself never to do anything so stupid again. While this was going on, I continued to browse CL and determine the GS would be my next joy; of which I would extensively pamper. Then, upon the Christmas of 2002, the magical experience all began and the car I call my baby today arrived. The stock 16's and the stock suspension were something I never thought I would change and just enjoyed the fact that I was driving a Lexus!

Shortly after, the mod bug hit home. It all started with something as simple as the L-Tuned Grill and a custom exhaust. I thought I was done and was happy to have my own unique piece added to my car. And then one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was left with A 1998 Lexus GS 300 with:

-L-Tuned Side Skirts and Grill
-Custom Exhaust
-Veilside Rear Bumper
-Greddy Front Lip replaced by TOM's Front Bumper
-Junction Produce Roof Spoiler
-OEM Spoiler
-6000K Phillips HID Kit
-18" Work Termist TM1 replaced by 19" IForged Flux with Bridgestone Potenza SO3
-Boston Pro Series, JL Audio, and Alpine Sound System

And many more side things that I only could of done with the many helpings of the fellow members on this board. I want to give a huge thank you to all of you because you have all, in one way or another, touched a part of my car-life and some even in my real-life. Thank you again and enjoy what pictures I was able to take before the rain inhabited again. In another week or two I plan to post some REAL pictures after I am able to wax the car once the pain sets in.

**Note: I have also included some night pictures I took at a park before it decided to get dark on me quickly. I tried getting good pics but the rain came the moment I shut off the camera so take it easy on me. **
very tasty looking! man... i am beginning to want to put together a body kit...more and more....i am feeling that itch....

Last edited by koreanpers; 05-06-04 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-06-04, 10:30 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Darius2004

What kind of suspension do you have?
Thanks for the compliment I edited out cuz of reposting the photo.

I have Tein Flex lowered a great degree.

-Anthony
Old 05-06-04, 10:32 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
very nice man, awesome! where are the fogs? you can't get them at all?
Thanks Henry. I ordered the fogs from Steve but unfortunately when they got here they were WAY too small for the front bumper so for now I have settled with spray painting the white thing (i believe it is the holder for the windshield fluid so it looks a lot better then in the pics. Whenever I can find the fogs that fit, It will look a bit better.

-Anthony
Old 05-06-04, 10:37 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Hameed

Absolutely awesome and classy looking! This is modding in its true essence - done properly. Excellent choice in all the mods and you no doubt have great taste for a 19 year old!

Did you get your front bumper through Steve? It looks very nice as is. It does not need the fogs, even though I would miss my fogs if I had that bumper.

Stock exhaust??? Wow! How much did that run you? It looks perfect the way you have the size of the tips and the fitment in the bumper!

Keep up the good work!! What's next on the mod list?
Front bumper was from ... I forget his name and I'm very sorry but he doesn't frequent CL very often and he wasn't using it because he had ideas for a different kit so I got an awesome deal on it.

Stock Exhaust... No No It is just a custom job a local shop did. Once I got the veilside kit, they took off the tips I had.. sanded them up with the steel cutter to match the shape of the back bumper and added an extension to the muffler so the tip would fit perfectly.

Next Mod... Well, I was looking into a big brake kit, but we'll see

-Anthony

Quick Reply: The Black Knight Is FINALLY Unleashed