GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Black Knight Is FINALLY Unleashed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-04, 10:44 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other question I'd like to answer that I saw asked a lot was how I afford the car and the mods...

If you go back to the first post of this thread it explains the specifics of what happened with the SC400, upon which the insurance company blessed with me an insane amount of money for it so I could obtain the GS300.

I'm 19 and go to college so what I do for a living is groundskeep 3 baseball fields and umpire a whole LOT of baseball games to make a very nice sum of money during this time of year that lasts me well into the fall with the help of getting a new job every fall until every spring when baseball comes around because it is SUCH a good job.

As for the mods.. it's called a little bit of luck along with the mind frame to SAVE A LOT. I have been quite the penny pincher lately to save up for the kit. I don't mind telling you all of the prices so here it goes:

Used I-Forged Rims that were in the classifieds from another low poster who's name eludes me - $2K
(Also, Special Thanks to HiTech for not taking these rims like he was ealier going to )
Brand new SO-3's.. Well..This one hurt.. once everything was mounted and balanced... $1200
TOM's Front Bumper PAINTED- Not bad deal at all.. $500.
The Custom Exhaust From The Local Shop - $300 ... And A VERY good job they did... A buddy of mine works there.. so again.. another deal!
Veilside Rear Bumper - Free. My mother backed into my bumper (long story) and smeared paint along the whole side so she paid for most of what it cost to get a new one ($600)
Painting of the Rear Bumper with installation of it and the front Tom's. $400.. I know a guy.

So as you see, the right time, the right amount of cash and a lot of luck and you obtain the things you search for.

Note: I wasn't trying to be gaudy or brag about the prices, I was just letting everyone know the monetary funds and luck I needed to complete this project.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments... I really appreciate them a lot!

-Anthony

Last edited by Captain Bone; 05-06-04 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-06-04, 10:51 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

captain

nice real nice set up .. those wheels , the body parts , the whole pkge is

question though , on the toms front bumper , are the fog lights still there or you have to run without them

black is the sweetest colr then again i might be biased
Old 05-06-04, 10:53 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexforlife
captain

nice real nice set up .. those wheels , the body parts , the whole pkge is

question though , on the toms front bumper , are the fog lights still there or you have to run without them

black is the sweetest colr then again i might be biased
Check the bottom of page 3 for the explanation

-Anthony
Old 05-06-04, 11:20 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Real clean and nice...to bad you were at the meet...but did it really matter cause it rained....
Old 05-06-04, 11:30 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Djdelite
Real clean and nice...to bad you were at the meet...but did it really matter cause it rained....
This is part of the reason I didn't come. My car wasn't ready at the time of the meet.

-Anthony
Old 05-06-04, 12:14 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car looks smokin' HOT!!
Well done.
Old 05-06-04, 12:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Captain Bone
Thanks Henry. I ordered the fogs from Steve but unfortunately when they got here they were WAY too small for the front bumper so for now I have settled with spray painting the white thing (i believe it is the holder for the windshield fluid so it looks a lot better then in the pics. Whenever I can find the fogs that fit, It will look a bit better.

-Anthony
man that sux, how come the fogs were incorrect? those were not particularly designed for the tom's? so you started ordering the second set? i know it takes a long time for them to arrive.

trust me man when the fogs are in as well your car would look so awesome!
Old 05-06-04, 12:39 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Painting of the Rear Bumper with installation of it and the front Tom's. $400.. I know a guy.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Damn, that's definitely a GOOD guy to know!!!!! Congrats again.
jd
Old 05-06-04, 02:00 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Anthony,

Nice job on the Black Knight. It looks tight.

Keep up the savings, in this rate, you'll be able to afford an E55 AMG in the next 5 years
Old 05-06-04, 02:17 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Old 05-06-04, 02:20 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

damn cap*n looking awesome, as GS wanted said I am partial to the black also.....Black just has that thing about it, that it can go classic-sporty-and elegant all at the same time.......everything comes together real well and I must say here is the money shot...awesome job, great prices, smart buyer!

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 05-06-04 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-06-04, 04:45 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
man that sux, how come the fogs were incorrect? those were not particularly designed for the tom's? so you started ordering the second set? i know it takes a long time for them to arrive.

trust me man when the fogs are in as well your car would look so awesome!
OK, Here's the scoop.

Apologies to Steve. According to Steve, the fog lights were correct but the seller of the TOM front to me forgot to inform me that it originally comes with mesh in the fog opening and it is now not there.

So, as it stands now, I am debating on whether I can find the mesh that comes with the bumper or I may just can the idea all together and leave it as is with the insides painted black because right now you can't even tell anything it there. We'll see.

-Anthony
Old 05-06-04, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Captain Bone
OK, Here's the scoop.

Apologies to Steve. According to Steve, the fog lights were correct but the seller of the TOM front to me forgot to inform me that it originally comes with mesh in the fog opening and it is now not there.

So, as it stands now, I am debating on whether I can find the mesh that comes with the bumper or I may just can the idea all together and leave it as is with the insides painted black because right now you can't even tell anything it there. We'll see.

-Anthony
why can't you just get mesh from places like home depot?
Old 05-06-04, 09:55 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

NICE JOB! that front is a winner indeed. car looks good all around.
nice to know someone financially thrifty is around to take care of this country when i
hit retirement.

hey, do you occasionally scoot up Route 24 in the early a.m.? i may have seen your
previous setup waaay back in the later part of last year.
keep those shoes shiny. can't wait to see the car at the next meet.
Old 05-07-04, 03:08 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a JP roof spoiler? I thought you were the 1st guy in the US with the DSR roof spoiler. Whatever happened to it?

Quick Reply: The Black Knight Is FINALLY Unleashed