GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What IF????? HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-04, 10:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by lexusondubs
rick get the rmm brake kit cause all of the other brake kits are un biased with the stock rear brakes lexforlife has the ideal brake setup on his car !!
Not necessarily true. The RMM is basically a repackaged Supra TT brake setup. It may work well with the rear stock brakes but it is not what it is originally designed for. The StopTechs on the other hand were tested to make sure they work well with the stock rear. Although StopTech uses the same calipers for their different applications, the piston sizes are different, depending on what is needed. This is why you cannot get the fronts and then add the rear. The front only system and the front/rear system are put together so that the brake bias is well balanced.

Anyway, back on topic. If BBKs are not your thing, then TC and LSD are nice mods to give the car the feel it deserves from those 300HP/325TQ. Otherwise, we are down to those "touches" that I mentioned earlier which is basically just final dressing up of the car. The list from T.L.W. is a good place to start. The JP tails and the lighted sills would be on my list.
Old 05-09-04, 11:09 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

save it and go FI! so we can fly together!
Old 05-10-04, 12:11 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 00lexondub
i wouldnt mind brakes.. BUT i think they are overpriced.. plus i hate the look of front big brakes and rear UPGRADED rotors.. never looks remotely the same...
ps.. the car goes into the paint/stereo shop on friday/saturday.... i havent got a roof spoiler because i dont see a purpose BUT if i find one cheap ill buy it.. just ot have it...
other than brakes what you guys think?
not that i am ruling out brakes just want to see what else is out on the table. thanks
rick

I got my monoblock all-aluminium DSR UCF30 conversion big brake kit for a tad under $2000. I think it's very affordable and DEFINITELY helps stopping. Not to mention it's smaller in size than the supra tt calipers so it will clear many wheels.

If I were you, I would reinvest the $3000 into something else, turn it into $6000 or more and get a turbo kit. But that's just me....
Old 05-10-04, 05:47 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I would get the JOP tails. If that isn't your cup of tea I would save the 3k and invest in a FI setup
By the way when is this weapon going to be unveiled?
Old 05-10-04, 05:50 AM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Jeez Jtanyo, nice price, Is the DSR kit front and rear?

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
I got my monoblock all-aluminium DSR UCF30 conversion big brake kit for a tad under $2000. I think it's very affordable and DEFINITELY helps stopping. Not to mention it's smaller in size than the supra tt calipers so it will clear many wheels.

If I were you, I would reinvest the $3000 into something else, turn it into $6000 or more and get a turbo kit. But that's just me....
Old 05-10-04, 06:23 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

hey guys..
iwas thinkin of investin in some cars.. since my dasd owns a car business... this way i can turn my money quick..... i am a proprty investor and have a few houses that will be closing within th enext few months that i will get some $$$ on but that is all going to be reinvested.... our goal is to buy a $1.7 million strip mall by the end of the year... but anyways.. this 3 grapnd will orb be 10 within 3 months so i can get a TT setup.... the car is going into the paint shop/system shop on friday and then when i get the wheels in and back from vaction on the 1st. of june.. ill post some pics......
thanks
rick
Old 05-10-04, 07:09 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink Re: What IF????? HELP ME

Originally posted by 00lexondub
ok guys i am looking for suggestions..
i have an extra 3k to play around with...
this is what i have what else should i get?
2001 Lexus GS430
Full body kit, (rear, sides and front)
L tuned grill
Rod millen 3 peice spoiler
full system (all fiberglass with lots of new goodies)
7-8 tvs all power acoustik with 7" in dash panasonic
my entirer lighting system (tons of leds and neons wih lots more than before)
Tein Flex coilover kit
EDFC
Tom's Rear lower Brace
Tom's Rear Suspension Link Kit
Cusco Rear Upper Brace
TRD front lower brace
SRT intake
full custom paint job
ordering chrome trunk bar and rmm poilished stb
20" 3 peice staggared chrome wheels
tanabe hyper medallinon exhaust..

OK thats what i have right now (at least what i can remember)..
WHAT DO I NEED TO BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got about 3k to spend... HELP
thanks
rick
Old 05-10-04, 07:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink What do you do with an extra 3K?

Put that extra 3K in the bank, dude.....you're gonna NEED it for gas. 93 octane is above $2 now in most places....especially CA.....and shows no end in sight.