GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thanks, y'all. You made my choice of car a piece of cake.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-04, 07:10 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Thanks, y'all. You made my choice of car a piece of cake.

Got the bug for a new car about one month ago. The Acura TL dangerously wetted my appetite, until I learned from an Acura discussion forum that the new US-made TL suffered from quality issues unbecoming a Honda, let alone an Acura. (I currently own two Hondas and my children own three Acura Integras). Then I remembered that I had always liked the Lexus GS models and found this forum. Y'all made my choice soooo easy.

I learned all I needed to know by reading and searching this forum. I thank you for your contributions and found your enthusiasm contagious. I thought that I had outgrown my modding days after I traded my "Starsky ad Hutch" 1973 Ford Grand Torino Sport for a new 1980 Honda CB750F motorcycle that nearly killed me twice. (Does anyone remember that bike? it kicked ***!). So now, after driving the crap out of the CPO GS430 I picked up last week, I find myself wondering how the car will react to thicker sway bars and maybe stiffer shocks. Hmmm.

I really love the GS. Not since the CB750F days have I jumped into a vehicle late at night just to take it for a spin. Life is good.

Again, thanks to all of you who have taken the time from your busy lives to post informative comments in this forum. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Jose

PS: For those of you debating whether to buy a GS300 or the GS400/430, just test drive the two and get it over with. You'll find the acceleration of the 400/430 mighty addictive.
Old 05-20-04, 07:16 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Aloha Mr. Bean....welcome to CL. Congrats on the new ride.

Pete
Old 05-20-04, 07:26 PM
omegagavin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. I'm new around here, myself. This is a really great forum.
Old 05-20-04, 07:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Congratulations Jose!

Not sure what part of TX you're in, but one of our forum sponsors (JPI) is having a meet / dyno day coming up soon in the DFW area. That'll be a great chance to take a ride in some tweaked Lexi.

There's an annoucement at the top of the forum with details.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-20-04 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-20-04, 07:39 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

great choice, welcome....
Old 05-20-04, 07:40 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default welcome jose

just drove the new TL this weekend and you made the better choice

i know how you feel about just taking the car out just to drive felt the same with the bike

(had a 2002 suzuki gsxr 750) enjoy, welcome and be safe

-johnny-
Old 05-20-04, 07:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on the new car! this is awesome! the tl is a nice car (being an ex owner of the 2nd gen tl), but hoestly it's not up to par with the gs4 for sure. you made the right choice!
Old 05-20-04, 07:56 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

JPI is in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, and so am I. But I'll be moving my office that very day, so I doubt I'll make it to dyno day. It'll have to wait for next time.

Jose
Old 05-20-04, 10:18 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

congrats! where are the pix?
Old 05-20-04, 10:33 PM
LexFather

Default Re: Thanks, y'all. You made my choice of car a piece of cake.

Originally posted by JellyBean
Got the bug for a new car about one month ago. The Acura TL dangerously wetted my appetite, until I learned from an Acura discussion forum that the new US-made TL suffered from quality issues unbecoming a Honda, let alone an Acura. (I currently own two Hondas and my children own three Acura Integras). Then I remembered that I had always liked the Lexus GS models and found this forum. Y'all made my choice soooo easy.

I learned all I needed to know by reading and searching this forum. I thank you for your contributions and found your enthusiasm contagious. I thought that I had outgrown my modding days after I traded my "Starsky ad Hutch" 1973 Ford Grand Torino Sport for a new 1980 Honda CB750F motorcycle that nearly killed me twice. (Does anyone remember that bike? it kicked ***!). So now, after driving the crap out of the CPO GS430 I picked up last week, I find myself wondering how the car will react to thicker sway bars and maybe stiffer shocks. Hmmm.

I really love the GS. Not since the CB750F days have I jumped into a vehicle late at night just to take it for a spin. Life is good.

Again, thanks to all of you who have taken the time from your busy lives to post informative comments in this forum. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Jose

PS: For those of you debating whether to buy a GS300 or the GS400/430, just test drive the two and get it over with. You'll find the acceleration of the 400/430 mighty addictive.
WELCOME!! I almost shed a tear with that story..Glad your aboard. LET THE MODDING BEGIN!!
Old 05-20-04, 11:46 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

awesome choice....welcome to the club..... im pretty sure you'll find out that there is a lot to offer aftermarket-wise for the GS.... show your kids how grown-ups play
Old 05-20-04, 11:47 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

what part of texas are you from? they're meets going on all the way up in ft/dallas to down in houston; you should check them and great way to check out modded cars
Old 05-21-04, 04:52 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

welcome aboard

watch how much time you spend round these parts for these guys are a bad influence.. you will go broke , mortgage your home , file bankruptcy and get a divorce all in one fatel swoop but at least you will have one kick a$$ lex

all aboard the modding express , next stop bankruptcy court
Old 05-21-04, 05:07 AM
chrisgaddy
Driver School Candidate

I know what you mean about wanting to jump in the car for no apparent reason except to drive. I was thinking about taking mine out SOMEWHERE last night around 9:30 as I washed it under the flood lights. I couldn't stand the bird poop that landed on it during the day...
Old 05-21-04, 11:02 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Can I get the welcome too? I'm new to GS as well ... bought my GS two months ago.

The car is awesome and very comfortable.

I already have TRD drop in air filter, philips HID kit, yellow fogs, and black pearl kit.

Here's the pic, not a very good one tho.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks, y'all.  You made my choice of car a piece of cake.-gs3008s.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thanks, y'all. You made my choice of car a piece of cake.