GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

**The Unveiling** Stage I of the Blue Beast-- The cover is off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-04, 08:39 AM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

Blue your car looks hot. I agree I hated those chrome strips over the wheel wells. Really nice.
By the way the esplier / l tuned install was a half success. The front two finger gap, the rear tucks. My sound system doesn't weigh that much and the rear is LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW.
What scares me is that the springs havent even settled or did you break them in for me. I guess we
bother suffered from the droopy rear sindrome. If no change I may have to swop out the rear springs.
Old 05-24-04, 09:28 AM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

blue: Yeah, I plan on taking it over and getting the rest of the trunk matched up, itll look a lot better.

Lexis: Yeah, the two 12's definitely pound, they flex the roof when the windows are all closed
I have limo tint on the back, and back sides, 15% on the front two, and 35% on the windshield, It gets hot down here in Tejas, and I need that heat protection.

Maxi: I would suggest checking whether they put the right springs on the front and back....i know it was my system, cuz theyd raise it on the lift and the rear was higher. Thanks for the compliments btw
Old 05-24-04, 09:33 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

wow...high school? man, i remember the hand-me-down '81 maxima i got in high school. (ha ha)
congrats with the setup thus far.
Old 05-24-04, 11:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by Blue98Gs3
haha no kidding

J_Rok:

Yeah, I know I'm damn lucky to have parents that will let me splurge on my ride.

Here's another shot of all the scions:

Last time I saw that many shoe boxes that close together I was shopping at the Foot Locker.

(Just kidding).
Old 05-24-04, 11:40 AM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by mmarshall
Last time I saw that many shoe boxes that close together I was shopping at the Foot Locker.

(Just kidding).
I'm actually with you on the scion theory, they look like crap in my opinion
Old 05-24-04, 11:51 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I'm actually with you on the scion theory, they look like crap in my opinion
No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I was telling D how much I love this truck, it is just super cool in my opinion.
Old 05-24-04, 12:01 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lexis11
No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I was telling D how much I love this truck, it is just super cool in my opinion.
I guess his to his own, I think they are great for the money, but in my opinion, they look boxy and have little style, kinda like the honda element....
Old 05-24-04, 12:07 PM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Default Re

Blue I don't know what you mean. There is no way of mistaking the front strut for the rear. The rear strut has two bolts on the side to bolt it to the frame of the car( the front don't). Also the front upper strut mount is bigger than the rear. It wouldn't have bolt in. I did the installed, and did this many times before on other cars. Unless the springs were swopt when your shop took them down, maybe not noticing the difference. I doubt it though because you sent them in one unit. Did you physically see them take the strut unit down? How you sent them to me (all put together in one unit) is how I bolted them up. Please, need info.
By the way it rides NNNNNNIIIIIIICCCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! feels like stock just lower. Thanks again for all the help, Blue.
Old 05-24-04, 12:13 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re

Originally posted by maxi-milli
Blue I don't know what you mean. There is no way of mistaking the front strut for the rear. The rear strut has two bolts on the side to bolt it to the frame of the car( the front don't). Also the front upper strut mount is bigger than the rear. It wouldn't have bolt in. I did the installed, and did this many times before on other cars. Unless the springs were swopt when your shop took them down, maybe not noticing the difference. I doubt it though because you sent them in one unit. Did you physically see them take the strut unit down? How you sent them to me (all put together in one unit) is how I bolted them up. Please, need info.
By the way it rides NNNNNNIIIIIIICCCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! feels like stock just lower. Thanks again for all the help, Blue.
I did not physically see them install them, so they might have screwed up. The springs have designations on them, about which is front and rear, so you might wanna check that.
Old 05-29-04, 07:33 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Gotta get my thread back up to the top, the GS forum has been polluted with those "other" color threads... haha just kidding you normal color guys.
Old 05-29-04, 09:05 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

BLUE
looks alot better than what i saw when you joined the boards... good thing you got the chrome strips off.. that looked cheesy... got a pimped out lex in high school.. man i wish i was as lucky i graduatef high school in 2001 and had to drive my BORING C5 vette to high school (4 -12's), LOL.. thank god i won a video game tournament or i would br drinving WHO KNOWS what... that god for video GAMES!!!!
anyways... looks good... now you need some BODY.. hope the l sportline comes through~
good luck
rick
Old 05-30-04, 10:16 AM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 00lexondub
BLUE
looks alot better than what i saw when you joined the boards... good thing you got the chrome strips off.. that looked cheesy... got a pimped out lex in high school.. man i wish i was as lucky i graduatef high school in 2001 and had to drive my BORING C5 vette to high school (4 -12's), LOL.. thank god i won a video game tournament or i would br drinving WHO KNOWS what... that god for video GAMES!!!!
anyways... looks good... now you need some BODY.. hope the l sportline comes through~
good luck
rick
Haha, you poor thing, driving your C5 with 4 12's, that must have been tough

Yeah, I definitely have made some progress from when I started, looking back on how bad that chrome strip looked.... Yeah, lsportline will definitely come, its just if i can find some used body parts to lower the cost.....

Thanks for the comments, but when are you going to come out of the closet with your new baby?
Old 05-30-04, 11:19 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i wish i knew... i am supposed to get it back from the shop on friday but then it goes to paint.. and i havent even orderd any wheels yet... i am still waiting on parts aslo. so who knows
Old 05-30-04, 12:50 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 00lexondub
i wish i knew... i am supposed to get it back from the shop on friday but then it goes to paint.. and i havent even orderd any wheels yet... i am still waiting on parts aslo. so who knows
What body kit are you going to be putting on there? Those HRE's are screaming your name in the classifides
Old 05-30-04, 03:13 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

got a full explosion kit. rmm 3 peice spoiler. l tuned grill, and some toher little stuff...

Quick Reply: **The Unveiling** Stage I of the Blue Beast-- The cover is off!