GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

BREMBO BRAKES GROUP BUY!!!!!!Don't miss it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-01, 05:32 PM
gs4power
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello guys,

I'm getting the Brembo brakes from STEVE for SURE next week, at an excellent price! If we can get two members to join me in a group buy the price would get even better! Don't miss this great opportunity!!

Call STEVE to hook you up and tell him Miguel sent you!
Old 04-06-01, 05:40 PM
RacingAristo

how much is the group buy price?
Old 04-06-01, 05:44 PM
gs4power
Driver

Smile

Racing Aristo,

Feel free to email Steve on this one, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by gs4power; 04-06-01 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-06-01, 08:10 PM
RacingAristo

Okie dokie.
Old 04-08-01, 11:44 AM
gs4power
Driver

Default Brembos

Back to the top.
Old 04-10-01, 12:56 PM
gs4power
Driver

Smile Time is running

Guys,

I'm willing to wait another week to get the other two buyers. Keep in mind this is a high dollar upgrade and not everyday you'll find group buys for the Brembos WITH such a great discount. Contact Steve for details, don't miss it!!!!!

Last edited by gs4power; 04-10-01 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-10-01, 01:20 PM
gs4power
Driver

Specs:

-Four piston aluminum calipers, 2 x 38/44mm

-332mm (13.1") dia x 32mm t cross drilled and slotted rotors, directionally curve vain vented, anti-rust coating, lightweight aluminum hat, floating modular design

-Front Goodrich stainless steel brake lines

-Pagid hi-perf pads, pad area 64 square cm

-Aluminum mounting brackets
Attached Thumbnails BREMBO BRAKES GROUP BUY!!!!!!Don't miss it!-brembo.jpg  
Old 04-19-01, 09:33 PM
gs4power
Driver

Default FINAL CALL!!

Can't believe this thread got dumped to page 7 !

OK Here it goes: Steve is back, and he'll get me the Brembos next Monday. This is your last chance!!

Contact me if interested in the group buy, only need two more people.
Old 04-20-01, 12:39 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe more people aren't jumping on this...these brakes will make a great improvement on your GS's braking abilities...no more mushiness (thanks to the steel braided lines), shorter stops (important if you have large rims), and NO MORE BRAKE FADE! (Canyon Racer REJOICE!) And Steve will hook you up with great prices and great service!

I would join in a heartbeat but I already have the 6-piston AP Racing (13.56") brake package on hold for me waiting to be installed...Sponsorship has it's advantages.
Old 04-20-01, 06:21 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do I need for rims?

If I go with this upgrade what would I need to do for rims??? I like to use my stock 16" Platinum wheels in the winter (not that I drive my GS much in the winter). and in the summer I put on my 17" OZ Racing wheels. Anyone know if this'll still work?
Old 04-20-01, 07:10 AM
Y2KGS4
Driver School Candidate

I am in total agreement; the price for these brakes is quite good. BUT, not everyone can drop such a large amount (6% of the car's value) on upgrading brakes that are very good already. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have them, but the amazement that some have over people not taking advantage of this is VERY cost related. These babies are expensive!
Old 04-20-01, 08:33 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Johnny, I'm pretty sure that they will NOT fit on stock 16" rims...they may fit the 17" OZ's but you'll have to call Brembo and find out...they can give you tech specs on it and you can get tech specs from OZ and compare...you could also call OZ, I'm sure they'd know...

Y2KGS4 - I understand completely but I'm surprised there aren't more people here who are willing to jump in. I see people dropping 5 large on rims so dropping some cash (I don't know the exact price but I'm figuring about $2K for the brakes) on the brakes makes no sense...(considering you need better brakes when you run larger rims...especially if they're chromed due to weight)...

The only disadvantage is that if you get a flat in front, you'll have to take a rear tire and move it to the front and put the spare on the rear (since the spare won't clear the brakes)...
Old 04-20-01, 10:05 AM
Y2KGS4
Driver School Candidate

Manaray - Excellent point! I had not thought of the spare issue. I would end up with a very wide wheel in front with the situation you describe and it might not work at all.

Another good point on the extra wheel weight. My rear wheels (without tires) weigh 28 pounds each. I'm guessing that's 4 or 5 pounds over stock.
Old 04-20-01, 10:08 AM
Y2KGS4
Driver School Candidate

Forgot one thing...

The Brembos are in the 2600-2700 range depending on number of buyers. Call me crazy, but an extra $800 for Mo's supercharger would put a lot more grin on my face than a set of Brembos. But again, I'd love to have them and kudos to anyone with the cash to drop on them.

Mitch
Old 04-20-01, 10:31 AM
gs4power
Driver

Cool

IMO, the stock engine of the GS400 FAR EXCEEDS the braking power of the stock brakes. Not in initial stopping distance (what the magazines report, which is excellent), but in fade resistance and endurance. Thus, it's more of a natural upgrade to do the brakes first and then the supercharger . Keep in mind a car is a synergystic blend of many components, and the bigger brakes will BALANCE the car's performance, AND IT'S SAFETY CAPABILITIES.

Quick Reply: BREMBO BRAKES GROUP BUY!!!!!!Don't miss it!