GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new grill (pics - TRDsports)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-04, 05:36 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My new grill (pics - TRDsports)

hey guys, here is the latest addition to my ever-so-growing mod list.... the grill is a TRD CF grill from none other then the boyz at Carson, I had to change it out because well...my friend made one tiny little comment saying my sportdesign grill reminded him of a buick....i dunno...i didnt think so but I made the change anyhow....the CF on the grill is obviously fake and my hood is obviously real CF so the two dont match in direct sunlight...but that may be fixed after I get my new front end on (and no i will not reveal what I chose...for now anyways haha) and ill have it painted black...here are a couple of pics at various angles....what do you guys think?

Old 06-22-04, 05:50 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The grill looks good, I look forward to seeing it at the NorCal meet this saturday. I need to change my grill as well.

Chris
Old 06-22-04, 07:03 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. I love your car. I see it alot on Fair Oaks Blvd when I am heading back into the office around lunch time. Don't you have the Ltuned suspension? Just curious because I am getting ready to install that and my iForgeds.
Old 06-22-04, 07:23 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

good addition, i like the vents on that grill...
Old 06-22-04, 09:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

even more sporty now, cool!

one thing, i would probably prefer to have the trd badge on the driver lower corner of teh grill instead of center
Old 06-22-04, 09:40 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grill looks good but I agree w/ Rom you might want to move the emblem or get rid of it all together but i love that Lip !!!
Old 06-22-04, 10:53 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl
even more sporty now, cool!

one thing, i would probably prefer to have the trd badge on the driver lower corner of teh grill instead of center
Even better yet...... Do what I did, take off the TRD badge off and buy a black pearl "L" emblem. It will still look clean and it will keep the "luxury apperance".
Attached Thumbnails My new grill (pics - TRDsports)-pics-1876-r.jpg  
Old 06-22-04, 10:54 PM
LexFather

TRD grill is my personal fav. Great work. I'd put the badge in the corner as well. JaimerCBR900 has his there.
Old 06-22-04, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Even better yet...... Do what I did, take off the TRD badge off and buy a black pearl "L" emblem. It will still look clean and it will keep the "luxury apperance".
damn, where's the emblem again?
Old 06-23-04, 03:29 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought id be different and stick the emblem in the middle for some detail....when I put it in the lower driver side corner like the picture on the box it just didnt look right to me....from a distance I looked at it with the emblem being in the center and then the emblem being in the lower left....and it looked better when it was in the center so I kept it there, a plus advantage to it, was to keep the attention on the emblem and keep the eyes away from the unsightly metal frame behind the grill..... but then again with all your comments now I don't know what to do....LXO has a good idea...but the L is so dark up against the grill that its almost pointless to put it there....and if I keep it free of any emblems at all...it looks so empty...any other suggestions folks?
Old 06-23-04, 06:17 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by PandaGS430
I thought id be different and stick the emblem in the middle for some detail....when I put it in the lower driver side corner like the picture on the box it just didnt look right to me....from a distance I looked at it with the emblem being in the center and then the emblem being in the lower left....and it looked better when it was in the center so I kept it there, a plus advantage to it, was to keep the attention on the emblem and keep the eyes away from the unsightly metal frame behind the grill.....

If you change out the mesh you cant see all that stuff behind the grill. Then u can put it in the corner. Look in the Marketplace under the GS section I have some mesh there for sell. Its way nicer than the mesh from Lsportline that was on the rear bumper. A couple of members have bought some to change out there grills and front bumpers. I got stuck with a big sheet of it and still have alot for sale.

Last edited by GammaLex; 06-23-04 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-23-04, 07:53 AM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, Panda.. One of my favs in CL
But what I don't quite like about TRD grille is that it seems popped out a bit in fitment..
Anywaym, could you send me a pm regarding the price from Carson? Thanks
Old 06-23-04, 09:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I thought id be different and stick the emblem in the middle for some detail....when I put it in the lower driver side corner like the picture on the box it just didnt look right to me....from a distance I looked at it with the emblem being in the center and then the emblem being in the lower left....and it looked better when it was in the center so I kept it there, a plus advantage to it, was to keep the attention on the emblem and keep the eyes away from the unsightly metal frame behind the grill..... but then again with all your comments now I don't know what to do....LXO has a good idea...but the L is so dark up against the grill that its almost pointless to put it there....and if I keep it free of any emblems at all...it looks so empty...any other suggestions folks?
well, most importantly it's you. as long as you like it, don't change
Old 06-23-04, 11:32 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yah....its great to see a different spin on things....like your grill emblem.
Old 06-23-04, 02:46 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: My new grill (pics - TRDsports)

...but that may be fixed after I get my new front end on (and no i will not reveal what I chose...for now anyways haha)
are we still talking about the front replacement that we mentioned awhile back?

Quick Reply: My new grill (pics - TRDsports)