GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus are the best, "I use to love Acura"

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-04 | 01:20 PM
BjCaleb
Driver School Candidate

Talking Lexus are the best, "I use to love Acura"

Just think less than i month ago I was driving my Acura Legend, though I loved that car. My 98' GS 300 is the best car I ever had. I got people fooled also. I got my Lex for only $14,000 with 70k miles from a dealership in Chi-town. My car is so clean people think I payed $25-$30k, nope. I am far from rich but I feel I got a great car for a great price. My many folks payed $15-$20 for there Honda Accord or Camry, just think you can buy a nice impressive second generation GS for the same price. So why dont more folks buy cars like this instead of a 2004 Kia?
Old 06-25-04 | 01:35 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

for that price, I hope you took it to someone to look at, Hopefully it's never been in an accident! sounds kinda fishy to me! good deal though,hopefully theres nothing wrong with it!
Old 06-25-04 | 02:35 PM
BjCaleb
Driver School Candidate

Default No accident

No accident what so ever, clean title. I got the car from a Nissan Dealership and they wanted a quick sale, the only problem was the check engine light and VSC light, so the dealer took the price down if I got that fixed myself. So it just was a fuel injector that cost $300 to fix, so I am a happy camper. Everything is legit.
Old 06-25-04 | 03:01 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

i, too, was an acura fan having owned2 hondas and 3 acuras (2 legends) and switched to lexus and haven't looked back since...happy driving
Old 06-25-04 | 03:34 PM
LexFather

Default Re: Lexus are the best, "I use to love Acura"

Originally posted by BjCaleb
Just think less than i month ago I was driving my Acura Legend, though I loved that car. My 98' GS 300 is the best car I ever had. I got people fooled also. I got my Lex for only $14,000 with 70k miles from a dealership in Chi-town. My car is so clean people think I payed $25-$30k, nope. I am far from rich but I feel I got a great car for a great price. My many folks payed $15-$20 for there Honda Accord or Camry, just think you can buy a nice impressive second generation GS for the same price. So why dont more folks buy cars like this instead of a 2004 Kia?
Welcome to CLublexus. I think a lot of people don't buy used cars. Though a used Lexus is as well built as any new car out there. Good luck!
Old 06-25-04 | 05:31 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Ya, a lot of people don't realize they can be driving a used Lexus
that is just as reliable as any new car. Heck, my '93 SC400 is never
in the shop and it has 191,000 miles on it! Then I hear people with
brand new BMW's and Benz's are constantly in the shop.

It's a good thing that everyone is not aware of this because Lexus
resale value would be through the roof (bad for us used Lexus buyers).

I paid $9,000 for a new looking SC400 a year and a half ago and I
see Chevy Aveo's for $13,000+.

Last edited by -J-P-L-; 06-25-04 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-25-04 | 05:58 PM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

nice

but why do you all of a sudden love lex? cuz you got a car really cheap?
i bet you can do that with acura too
Old 06-25-04 | 06:48 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

another happy camper, congrats on the new whip. i came from 3 hondas aswell and i loved my 94 modded accord so much but when i saw this gs3 and drove i felt like a king. glad u'r happy, enjoy and good luck
Old 06-25-04 | 07:50 PM
AristoTDOT
Driver

I used to have a 99 3.2TL....far from stock....but still dosent compare to my lex which is stock

I miss her sometimes...... ....rest in peices
Old 06-25-04 | 07:53 PM
BjCaleb
Driver School Candidate

Default Better Cars

Though I think Honda makes great cars and they also get good resale value, I think overall the Lexus has a totally different feel to it, I drove newer Acura's like the TL and RL but and even the new 2005 Nissan Maxima, but the GS smashes all of these cars by far. I am just talking, but the GS is a great car for the money and also the reliability.
Old 06-25-04 | 08:31 PM
Jaricho
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Same here, I have a 91' Legend Coupe. It's been a really good car but I wanted to get something newer with fewer miles. Being the Acura fan boy that I was, I started looking at the newer TL's and CL's. They just felt cheap, the interiors felt very plastic and loose. So a friend turned me on to the GS and I've never looked back. Compared to the other cars that I'd been looking at the quality and ride makes me feel like I'm driving a car that should've cost me what a brand new Benz or Bmw would cost. Don't get me wrong I don't hate Acura’s (or other makes and models) but in my opinion the GS is just a better vehicle. I still have my legend cuz I'm to attached to it and I couldn’t let it go for the crappy trade in value.
Old 06-25-04 | 08:37 PM
Jaricho
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Same here, I have a 91' Legend Coupe. It's been a really good car but I wanted to get something newer with fewer miles. Being the Acura fan boy that I was, I started looking at the newer TL's and CL's. They just felt cheap, the interiors felt very plastic and loose. So a friend turned me on to the GS and I've never looked back. Compared to the other cars that I'd been looking at the quality and ride makes me feel like I'm driving a car that should've cost me what a brand new Benz or Bmw would cost. Don't get me wrong I don't hate Acura’s (or other makes and models) but in my opinion the GS is just a better vehicle. I still have my legend cuz I'm to attached to it and I couldn’t let it go for the crappy trade in value.
Old 06-25-04 | 08:57 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

I feel you. I use to drive my mom's 90 nissan maxima. then went i went to college, i saved enough money to buy the car that I had always wanted, a 96 integra gsr.

After about 3 years, I decided it was time for a change. I love that car, but it attracted so much attention and it was a hard to up keep it. With all the mods that the car had, something was always going wrong. I then decided to get a gs, so that my parents and I could also drive the car.

I feel so blessed and lucky to drive this car!! Everytime I'm cruising in my gs. , I always feel so happy and fortuante to be in the position I am.

It's been a long way from my gsr to my gs.
Old 06-26-04 | 12:29 AM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

95 GSR
00 Civic SI
98 GS400

I still miss my hondas.....

GS is fun, the SI was a go-kart
Old 06-26-04 | 07:21 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Lexus are the best, "I use to love Acura"

Originally posted by BjCaleb
^^^

Wow, that is a bargain! What a great deal you got!!!

-Donald

Quick Reply: Lexus are the best, "I use to love Acura"