GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

yes, LXOGOOD was right..... the curse hasn't ended....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-04, 02:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default yes, LXOGOOD was right..... the curse hasn't ended....

yeah, it's not ended yet.... (well ok, read the following "happily" ok? )

so as most of you know, i drive my gs4 daily to work. me and my coworker we both love cars so we always park together away from othe people to avoid door dings, etc... been working out very well, until....

today morning suddenly my coworker called me from outside, he went "umm.... henry, can you come to your car now?" "huh? MY car?" "yeah... now... bad news"

before i fainted, i rushed to my car, and he showed me the damage. he was backing into the space next to me, but too close, and his pessenger side rear bumper clipped on my driver side front bumper....

now here's the good news. lexus makes very strong stuff i tell ya. my bumper didn't deform at all (at least not that i can see), some of the xpel protection bra peeled off, and some very tiny scratches on the bumper. THAT'S IT!!!!!

his car is worse.... he just got this new rsx-s, his whole pessenger side rear bumpe was cracked, pushed out, all clips broken...

he asked me if i wanted to call insurnace, i told him not to worry about mine, let me buff them out and see, hopefully he jst needs to pay for my new xpel. i also told him to worry more about his bumper, coz' now he has to replace the whole thing for sure, so that's more money to him.

i guess he's happy that i am not going through his insurnace, or he'd be dead with the premium raise. he knows how much i love my car so he was so scared i was going to punch him haha.... oh well, i guess it's time to learn how to take things easy?

so yeah, the moral of the story, it's never too safe hey at least i still don't have door dings
Old 06-28-04, 02:48 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that really really sucks, at least the damage was minimal and nobody got hurt, but sad to see such a beautiful car get bumped, hopefully this curse doesnt last too long, when the last curse went around my car get keyed kicked and jumped on, hopefully it stops now.
Old 06-28-04, 03:34 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah man Henry, you must have almost died when he called you lol. Oh well glad it wasnt that bad.
Old 06-28-04, 03:37 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lexis11
Ah man Henry, you must have almost died when he called you lol. Oh well glad it wasnt that bad.
Shoot, I about died when I read the title of the thread, then looked at the poster....... rominl and lxogood hit by the curse in a weeks time? Scary to say the least.
Old 06-28-04, 03:41 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to here the bad news but on a plus note not much damage lets hope the buffer works for you
Old 06-28-04, 03:41 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

It's good that nothing major. Lexus really got a strong bumper.
Old 06-28-04, 04:01 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that.... hope everything turns out well for you. GoodLuck and watch out for them bastards!!!
Old 06-28-04, 05:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lexis11
ok, just for the fun, when he first called me, i was in the bathroom doing some "business", the phone rang (vibrate mode) and i saw his name, and i already asked myself why is he calling me (very unusual)

so i hurried up my business and called him, so you can say i was "prepared", haha
Old 06-28-04, 06:28 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dude that sucks that u'r own boy hit u. i'm glad that its only a flesh wound...what do u tell a friend who hits u'r car?
Old 06-28-04, 08:58 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

sue him! j/k this thread is worthless without pictures.
Old 06-28-04, 09:47 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He should of jumped on his Rear Bumper to see if he could fix it... please show us some before and after pictures of your buffing... I'd like to see how this pans out. I've seen some remarkable buffs that took away scuffs I was sure needed to be painted. GoodLuck hope your boy takes care of you.
Old 06-28-04, 09:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by UptownGS
He should of jumped on his Rear Bumper to see if he could fix it... please show us some before and after pictures of your buffing... I'd like to see how this pans out. I've seen some remarkable buffs that took away scuffs I was sure needed to be painted. GoodLuck hope your boy takes care of you.
good idea. i will try to snap some before and after pics on the buffing

i will need to take off all my xpel though, hopefully i don't pull the paint out as well..
Old 06-28-04, 10:11 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

You should go out and by some of those BRIGHT ORANGE CONES and place them around your car when you park. Then send out an email blast to all your co-workers and tell them to park away from your ride!!!

Glad to hear that your car is okay
Old 06-28-04, 10:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Synergy
You should go out and by some of those BRIGHT ORANGE CONES and place them around your car when you park. Then send out an email blast to all your co-workers and tell them to park away from your ride!!!

Glad to hear that your car is okay
hahhaaa, that's mean

well, nothing is ok until i peel off the xpel....
Old 06-28-04, 10:55 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about the mishap. At least he was good enough to own up to it. Sounds like things will work out though. It will just take some time and work.

Quick Reply: yes, LXOGOOD was right..... the curse hasn't ended....