GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

dont buy from ground dynamics in cali

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-04, 01:26 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dont buy from ground dynamics in cali

worst kit ever . now i know i was werry about the purchase but i would have never imajined this would look this bad. 600 dollers for kit good price right but got kit in mail and it was wavey as hell so i call company they tell me all kits look like that du to fiberglass. this is what i could afford . big mistake. live and learn. so they tell me to put a fiber glass repair kit from the body shop andf call back if not better so we did that.still not right also dose not fit to good. but can work with that. fiber glass still wavy. so i call them so i can get new kit or money back. do u know what thet say they cant return or exchang the kit because the body shop worked on it after they told me to so now i have this kit that looks ok but not lexus quality. the body shop went why beyond what they should have. this guy also fixed my navigator so i trust him.he dose great work. BUT GROUND DYNAMICS CAN BITE me. IT WAS REALLY HARD TO ADMIT I screwed UP SO PLEASE NO I TOLD YA SO JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY TROUBLES

you can check out all the wonderful kits at grounddynamics.com

Last edited by TRULUX; 06-30-04 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-30-04, 01:38 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT WAS REALLY HARD TO ADMIT I screwed UP SO PLEASE NO I TOLD YA SO JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY TROUBLES

It takes a big person to admit a mistake, and a bigger person to allow one to learn from their mistakes. No need to "rub it in" or tell you what you already know. I'm sorry it turned out that way. Maybe just cut your loses and begin saving for the kit you would like?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-30-04 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-30-04, 01:41 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

yes thanx for your concern it makes me mad they are not in dallas because they would have a big problem

Last edited by TRULUX; 06-30-04 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-30-04, 01:54 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry to hear that....thanx for the heads up.

Pete
Old 06-30-04, 01:58 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

they also sell on e bay so be careful wish i bought it there that way they could help get money back
Old 06-30-04, 03:59 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

well dude i'm sorry 2 hear about it, i hope u'r shop can do some magic and it works out. good luck
Old 06-30-04, 04:37 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Man, sorry to hear about our problem bro..... One thing to remember. What you cannot afford now, you may be able to afford in a few months. It's always better not to settle for less. Just save up until you get what you really want. I've seen CL members sell good bodykits here for around $1200 or so. You just need to keep your eyes open in the classified section.

My advice is to call Ground Dynamics and tell them that the bodykit you bought is so bad off, that you cannot install the kit and you want your money back. I would also tell them that if they don't refund your money, you will place a complaint with the BBB and the proper athorities. Finally, take pics of the bodykit and email them to Ground Dynamics so they can see what the problem is. However, I'm sure they already know....
Old 06-30-04, 04:57 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

document everything you can possibly think of. Right a formal letter to ground dynamics or maybe email it to them.... state all the facts that you have ....receipt ...date purchased.... etc etc.... that way they know you mean business... state every single step. Send that to them and let them think about what they are doing to you. Chances are a few hundred bucks isn't worth risking a court experience. Good thing is I believe that you may let them know that if you file suit it would be out of Dallas because the nature of their business constitutes interstate commerce.

hopefully they'll take actions to resolve your issue.... if they actually have the ***** to go to court well ....then i'm sorry but thats up to you.... if you really want to go through all that trouble only for a few hundred bucks. which in that case best advice would be to just bite the loss...... but try using the scare tactic.... it might work.
Old 06-30-04, 04:58 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

worst kit ever . now i know i was werry about the purchase but i would have never imajined this would look this bad. 600 dollers for kit good price right but got kit in mail and it was wavey as hell so i call company they tell me all kits look like that du to fiberglass. this is what i could afford . big mistake. live and learn. so they tell me to put a fiber glass repair kit from the body shop andf call back if not better so we did that.still not right also dose not fit to good. but can work with that. fiber glass still wavy. so i call them so i can get new kit or money back. do u know what thet say they cant return or exchang the kit because the body shop worked on it after they told me to so now i have this kit that looks ok but not lexus quality. the body shop went why beyond what they should have. this guy also fixed my navigator so i trust him.he dose great work. BUT GROUND DYNAMICS CAN BITE me. IT WAS REALLY HARD TO ADMIT I screwed UP SO PLEASE NO I TOLD YA SO JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY TROUBLES
first off whoa....I tried to decipher your paragraph as best I could...and from what I get you bought a kit for 600? wow thats cheap....but like others have said...its $600 for a reason....and as LXO said...its better to wait a little longer for the "better quality" products....but im sure if you want to get your moneys worth out of that kit, your body shop can work wonders on it....g'luck bro
Old 06-30-04, 05:16 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you paid by credit card, You will get your money back. BTW, we had some bad experience with workspower.net, sent us some crappy wheels and tires. Never want to admit their faults. My credit card company is working with them right now. I'm in the same boat like you are right now.
JPI
Old 06-30-04, 07:18 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks man, hope you can somehow fix it.

there's a saying: "Smart people learn from their mistakes. Smarter people learn from other people's mistakes."

Hope from now on people think twice about unsure-quality stuff. It sucks to hear fellow CL guys with problems but hey at least from now on you won't have problems
Old 06-30-04, 09:16 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the credit card thing DOES work, I've used it once or twice. The only problem there is the body filler that is now on the kit. (even though they said to try it)

Sorry bro' I really feel for ya and have lost a few GRAND via corrupt contractors. I hope you can massage the kit to fit.....
Old 06-30-04, 09:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sorry to hear what you went through man, i hope you are able to reach somewhere with them

hopefully you use cc, that would take care of evertihhg

but bottom line, i know it's tough, but if you can't afford it now, save and wait
Old 06-30-04, 09:58 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s

It takes a big person to admit a mistake, and a bigger person to allow one to learn from their mistakes. No need to "rub it in" or tell you what you already know. I'm sorry it turned out that way. Maybe just cut your loses and begin saving for the kit you would like?
well said. as another member mentioned (LXO i think) there are some good deals for kits in the classified section sometimes. that RMM kit for sale now seems like a good deal but that may not help your situation right now...good luck with your dilemma man.
jd
Old 07-01-04, 12:15 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

thank you all. i will probley eat the 600 dollers and not mess with them. seems like alot of trouble for 600 dollers. i will file a complaint with the bbb in cali. and get the kit fixed at the shop. it cost a extra 400 dollers for him to make it ready to paint. so i guess i will see what happens. i just want to make shure the word is out on this company and with yall support that will happen. i will try to post some pics when it get out of the shop. once agian thank you for your comments yall at club lexus are the shizzz

Quick Reply: dont buy from ground dynamics in cali