GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Did the CURSE hit me??........

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-04, 10:41 AM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did the CURSE hit me??........

ok....here we go!

I was driving down a busy street and there were 3 lanes so i was in the first lane when i had to cut over into the second lane because there was a car with there hazards on in lane one, so i switched lanes and i was sideways in lane 2 with the "butt" of my car in lane 1 still. As i was doing that ,a large utility van came behind me
(it seemed as though they might been mad that i had cut over) i had my music playing so i didnt really care (at the time) and after the light turned green i went forward alittle and attempted to go back in lane 1 after passing the car w/ the hazards on....As i switched lanes i "thought" i felt a BUMP into the next lane....but wasn't sure because
1) i had the music up (it was kicking)
2)my car sometimes takes off a little quick and kicks back because of the power
3) there was a truck passing in the 3rd lane (thant vibrated the cars)

so i had the thought to check it but was like naw...
SO........
I drove home and as i got out the car i happened to glance at my car and OMG i had black bumper paint on my front corner bumper and a scrape....So i ran to the back of the car and a black scratch!

so now i am like what the hell some trying to recall what "REALLY" happened so this is what really happened!

As i was in the lane the van bumped me lite enough for me not to really know but hard enough for me to bump into the car in front of me's bumper!

So i had their bumper paint on the front of my car,after comming to the conclusion of what probably happened i was so scared i ran in the house and told my fience and we went back over there to see if the person i might have bumped into was there......
they weren't and NOW my bumper is SCRAPED in the front corner but i got most of the black paint is off!!!

So i ask the Question.........DID the CURSE hit me, or did I hit the Curse ???

P.s. If anyone knows a way to get this scrape out please let me know, i tried 3m, worked a little...very little!!
Thanks

Last edited by Alexus-Kia; 07-11-04 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-11-04, 11:10 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's also a HIT and RUN.....

You better hope the other vehicle in front of you (which you hit) did not feel you bump their bumper....they may have gotten your license plate and may have reported the incident already...

The curse for this incident may not yet be over.
Old 07-11-04, 11:24 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sounds like u hit the curse. i m sorry to here about your car that sucks.atleast no one got hurt. it can always get worse.

Last edited by TRULUX; 07-11-04 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-11-04, 11:57 AM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

I called the police and they said no one had called in and i told them what happened to be on the safe side...but they said i was alright and if anything pops up they'll give me a call, so i waited and called back a week later, they said i'm alset not to worry.
i didnt want to get "in trouble" for something that dumb!
But they said i was ok, but i might just want to fix my bumper my self so my insurance doesn't go up, being it wasn't that serious just a scrape...but to me its serious

How do i get the scrape out?? its not that big is about 6" and it look lite..but i know its there is there a way to get it out??
Old 07-11-04, 11:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that sux, i hate people like that (the van)...

but yeah, i think you did the right thing by informing the cops, it's very nice of you and definitely the right thing to do. hopefully you can get everything fixed soon
Old 07-12-04, 11:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

As far as the scratch is concerned, try SCATCH OUT. It is a low-abrasive scratch remover that will take out all kinds of surface paint deformities, scratches, and problems. Comes in a little yellow bottle at drug stores and auto parts places...runs from $3-5. Just apply, rub it in like wax, and wipe off...it will NOT leave swirl marks...in fact, it will remove them. Of course, if the scratch is real deep or through the paint, you will need a body shop.
Old 07-12-04, 11:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry, chief....that's SCRATCH-OUT, not SCATCH OUT
Old 07-13-04, 08:16 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

thanks guys my comp was down couldnt reply quicker!! i will try it!!