GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 04:38 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Re: New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Note: You will have to give up a valet key or a master key in order for the device to work. The device needs to reconize the chip inside the key before it will start from the remote. The key is mounted in a black box somewhere under the dash. Purchase of this remote start will come with a video of a step by step process on how to install. Installation should not take more than 2 hours after watching the video... The PIC below is what the wiring harness will look like.
I am confused about this statement.

When you say we have to give up a valet key or master key, are you saying that one of my master keys will no longer function because it has to be used by the device?

I like this mod not because of the capability to start the car remotely to cool down the car, but simply the "wow" cool factor! :thumbup"
Old 07-14-04, 07:10 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Update....

Guys, I just received an email from Jacen from Luxury Motor Works. Here is a direct quote from him regarding the keys...

"If people don’t want to give up one of their OE keys, we have keys for sale here at the shop. We usually program them and place them in the immobilizer bypass kit “uncut”. This would eliminate one more “concern” that people have."

As of right now, hopefully we will be able to set up a meeting this Sat. If everything goes well, I will keep everyone posted about group buy info. Thanks

Hameed, the statement up above was sent to me from Luxury Motor Works..... They will need to program a key (cut or uncut) so that the immobilizer will reconize a signal before starting your car... I just used my valet key since I never use it.....
Old 07-14-04, 07:14 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Re: Re: Update....

Hameed, the statement up above was sent to me from Luxury Motor Works..... They will need to program a key (cut or uncut) so that the immobilizer will reconize a signal before starting your car... I just used my valet key since I never use it.....
Thanks for the clarification Ken.

Hmmmmm..........................
Old 07-14-04, 01:07 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Ken ,

reading through this thread (not to mention other threads of urs) , one can really tell how much dedication you put towards this forum. Excellent work on finding this for us, I will definately be purchasing one as soon as the aftermarket add-on to the factory alarm is finished and released...ive been wondering when something like this would be possible and this thread just answered it....

your hard work is much appreciated bro...thanks.
Old 07-14-04, 02:25 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PandaGS430
Hey Ken ,

reading through this thread (not to mention other threads of urs) , one can really tell how much dedication you put towards this forum. Excellent work on finding this for us, I will definately be purchasing one as soon as the aftermarket add-on to the factory alarm is finished and released...ive been wondering when something like this would be possible and this thread just answered it....

your hard work is much appreciated bro...thanks.
VERY well said Panda...and NTM the cost savings...B-I-G props to LXO for this. MUCH appreciated and looking fwd to it.
jd
Old 07-15-04, 12:47 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking forward to having this type of feature.
A much needed mod, especially now when the temp. has been around 98-103 degrees for the past week!
and it's not even August yet! when things start heated up for days on end!
Props for your effors!
Old 07-15-04, 10:19 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

This is a very high quality unit. I am one support this product since it's been a great feature option for the IS platform for a while now. The crew at LMW are very honest and very helpful. Ken...I may swing by. I'll let you know soon.
Old 07-17-04, 09:00 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Remote range

Originally posted by Jmill427
the only issue I have before I pull the trigger is range.
My stock master key range is very poor. Even with a new battery, I need to be within 5-10 feet to unlock the doors.
boy i feel fortunate. both my gs400 and the wifes will unlock the car from at least 75 feet. i've even done it thru glass at about 30 feet.

now i'm wondering what the max range is?

i live in seattle and had a remote start on my old car 95 camry and loved it. worked great to either get car warm (winter) or cool on the rare hot days here.

i would be very interested in getting a couple of these.

3dog
Old 07-18-04, 11:49 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by 04GS300
I've noticed the same thing...probably 15-20' is my max range. not that impressive
Yep, same problem with mine too!

On the other hand the remote of my wifes 97 Maxima SE works probably at least 50 - 75 feet away from the car!! Awesome remote I must say.
Old 07-18-04, 04:08 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

I HAVE THIS UNIT INSTALLED AND IT WERKS LIKE A CHARM SO FAR IT HAS 3SEC DELAY and turns off in 10 minutes in case you forget so i would recommend it to anyone install was pretty easy but you must have some time but a piece of cake.
Old 07-21-04, 09:07 AM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

Hey LXOGOOD...

Thanks for this great find!! I have a quick question...will LMW be selling the remote start and alarm as a package together or just seperately. If its seperately, I would like to go ahead and at least buy the remote start for my IS. Could you please send me some info on how to contact them. I live in Washington so they would need to ship it out to me and if it's as simple to connect as it sounds I'll just install it myself!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-21-04, 09:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Remote range

Originally posted by 3dog
boy i feel fortunate. both my gs400 and the wifes will unlock the car from at least 75 feet. i've even done it thru glass at about 30 feet.

now i'm wondering what the max range is?
I'm wondering too since mine is terrible. I almost have to be standing next to the car.
Old 07-21-04, 09:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Remote range

Originally posted by Neo
I'm wondering too since mine is terrible. I almost have to be standing next to the car.
if i get to have luxury motor works work on my car, i will definitely ask them how and why that's happening
Old 07-22-04, 06:47 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

If my valet key is in the transponder does that mean that I lose my immobilizer ? Will the car always think that there is a key in the ignition? Is there anyway to extend the range of the key like they have on aftermarket alarms with a range extender?
Old 07-22-04, 07:07 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Fisher503
If my valet key is in the transponder does that mean that I lose my immobilizer ? Will the car always think that there is a key in the ignition? Is there anyway to extend the range of the key like they have on aftermarket alarms with a range extender?
The only time you lose your immobilizer is when you hit your remote lock button 3 times to activate the device. Once the car has been started by your remote, you still need to put your key in the ignition, turn it to the ON position to get the car into gear. If you don't put your key in the ignition, as soon as you step on the brake, the car will shut off.
I will know more about the key range this weekend.

Quick Reply: New Product Review: LuxLink Remote Start